• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,074 Member
    PW - 222.8 lbs
    CW - 219.8 lbs
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    PW: 240.5
    CW: 242.4

My weight can swing wildly and violently, I was up 6 at one point this week. I think keto can help get me where I want to be but I feel like I’ll need to find something different once I get to maintenance. Still down 45 overall.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Morning WaistAways!
    I've forgiven myself for pressing snooze instead of doing my workout this morning. Progress over perfection, right? Today and this entire weekend the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so that means landscaping work will be in full swing. I know that I will be carrying a minimum of 20 rocks from the driveway, down the 42 steps to the retaining wall by the water's edge. I think those 20 round trips up and down the stairs carrying 15lbs each trip will make up for a missed workout.

I've set reminders about the zoom call but it will depend on where 2pm falls in the progress of the to-do list Saturday. I can't use zoom on my cell phone or work computer since my employer doesn't consider zoom "secure enough" and blocks access. I'll grab hubby's cell or dig out the personal laptop if I'm not still hauling rocks or in the middle of something else insane like taking the front wheels off the car to find out what's making that weird noise....
    Hopefully by 2pm we're winding down on the hard work and will be getting ready for a boat ride as well @ashleycarole86. Congrats on the new boat. super exciting.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,256 Member
    @PlaneMonkey I'd say... nothing like good hard work for exercise!
    Enjoy the weekend all. I intend to join tomorrow's Zoom call if I can.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member
    PW - 222.8 lbs
    CW - 219.8 lbs

Another GREAT loss, Sam! Way to go. A new decade of numbers. Yay, you!!
    gak71 wrote: »
    PW: 240.5
    CW: 242.4

My weight can swing wildly and violently, I was up 6 at one point this week. I think keto can help get me where I want to be but I feel like I’ll need to find something different once I get to maintenance. Still down 45 overall.

That happens to all of us. No worries. You've got this. You are doing great. Keep doing what you know works for you.

@ellz_runs Great loss. See, one week not showing what you want on the scale will not stop you. You know what to do.

@SMcFall0215 Nice loss!!! And you're in the 150s!! Hurray. Keep it up.

@conleywoods Your day off and hike sounds lovely. I am especially thinking about the beautiful wildflowers you would see, on top of a cute bunny and some mushrooms. Are you collecting to eat the mushrooms or just find them? Good job keeping the day in control despite the change in routine.

@jugar Your garden work sounds amazing! I am imagining plants everywhere in your house. How big is your outside garden?

@ashleycarole86 and @PlaneMonkey You are lucky ladies! How nice to float on a boat and take in the beautiful day. Enjoy!!! And what's your address? ;). Hope to see you both on the Zoom call tomorrow. It was so much fun last time. Looking forward to it.

This week sure did blow by for me. We have been working on a project in our bedroom. Some moisture from outside cracked the paint off the walls on the inside. We repaired that, and have now freshly painted our room. So glad that's checked off the list. Now on to painting the LR/DR.

I never hopped back on yesterday, but it was a good day. I worked in my yard for a few hours. I agree with @ashelycarole86, there is nothing like hard work for exercise, especially if it is outside. There is always more to do, but it brings me great joy to look at it. Between yard work and the bedroom project (and cooking dinner), I found myself on the sofa at just about 8pm feeling as sleepy as midnight. I decided I was going to go for a short walk because I hadn't for quite some time with the excitement of my SIL's recent hospitalization. But, no excuse now. I was tired-er than tired, but I put on those sneakers and went out. It was only a 25 minute walk, fitbit called it a "brisk walk". Maybe because it was a little chillier than I expected and I was in a t-shirt. Anyway, it felt great to get out and walk And energizing too. It makes no sense, but exercise does give you more energy. (maybe it does make sense - LOL) Very productive day. I was so busy, I didn't even have dessert and I intended to. Maybe I should stay busier every day.

I did my Pilates for flexibility this morning. About 11 great minutes!! Feels good. I have granddaughter duty later. I think we will plant some flowers I bought.

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,250 Member
    sounds like we're enjoying gardening, landscaping, and boating far and wide. Feels good, doesn't it?

Super whoops of joy for some great losses! @happimess01 inspiring us as always, @ellz_runs getting closer and closer to breaking out of the 200s, and @SMcFall0215 breaking the dreaded 160 trap - hats off to all of you :heart:

@gak71
    The swings can be wild. I am glad that you are thinking about what will work as you get closer to your goal. Personally, I do not find keto a good option at lower weights. It seems to work amazingly for moving away from a high weight, diabetes risk, and all the health issues that are exacerbated by excess weight. But at a certain point, a lot of people find it no longer sustainable, and maybe even unhealthy. I have not done a ton of research about it, but just going by the results I have seen over the years in the F2F teams, I think many people need to experiment with other approaches once the bulk of the weight is off and maintenance approaches. Keep us posted on what you try and how things go!

Out to the garden I go :smiley:
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Friday
    Lorib642
    CW: 159.3
    PW: 160.2

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,256 Member
    I ended up being pretty sick today.. no walk at lunch, no lunch really... feeling a bit better now but it was not my best day. First time I've been that derailed since I started
  • jugar
    I ended up being pretty sick today.. no walk at lunch, no lunch really... feeling a bit better now but it was not my best day. First time I've been that derailed since I started

That is no fun - I hope you feel better soon! Take it easy as long as you need to, though. Hugs :heart:
  • jugar
    WTG Friday people - 7/8 green! And the 1/8 - well, it happens. No worries.

Saturday folks? You ready?

@Micki48
    @sunny9847
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

And because tomorrow is Saturday, I also get to pester about steps and exercise minutes. Send 'em on in.

Tomorrow's zoom call is on! Be sure to stop in if you can. I'll post the link again later so that it does not disappear in the flurry...
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Cw 162.2

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 968 Member
    @jugar
    I've been on vacation this week along with my weight, so I will not report tomorrow. 😉
  • jugar
    Here's the invitation to our Zoom call this Saturday, May 15th 2:00 P.M. Eastern Time: Evelyn K (Vermont) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Fat2Fit gathering
    Time: May 15, 2021 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76612490136?pwd=WEhyTG81ZzZIcDlXRGZKVzhjNGl0dz09

Meeting ID: 766 1249 0136
    Passcode: 1212

Can't wait to see y'all!

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    Hi y'all,
    I hope to see some of you shortly.
    Here's the invitation to our Zoom call this Saturday, May 15th 2:00 P.M. Eastern Time: Evelyn K (Vermont) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Fat2Fit gathering
    Time: May 15, 2021 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76612490136?pwd=WEhyTG81ZzZIcDlXRGZKVzhjNGl0dz09

Meeting ID: 766 1249 0136
    Passcode: 1212
This discussion has been closed.