WaistAways - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    What a treat to see so many of you "live-time"! Thank you for joining us on the Zoom meeting. I'll definitely set up another soon. If a Sunday would be better, please let me know. Also, I could set up a regular monthly time on an evening or morning time - it depends on our international friends. I'd love to make it as accessible as possible so please let me know what would work best for you, OK?
    Have a great afternoon/night/weekend!
    xoxo
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,192 Member
    Options
    Thanks Evelyn for setting up the call...
    My availability is fairly open so I'll always try to join when I can. So happy to be part of a group that keeps me focused and accountable!
    Enjoy the day... going to do a quick yoga video and then hit the hot tub for a soak (another stress reliever) before we head back to the lake!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    @micki48 thank you so much! Getting closed to wonderland with every week, can almost taste it :)

@gak71 I know what you mean. I tried Keto too a few years back and didn't found it sustainable. Mainly because I was/am a lazy cook which limited my food options. I do miss the high energy levels and the fact that I was never hungry on Keto.

@jugar Thank you! You are a big inspiration of mine when it comes to rocking at maintenance. Looking forward to taking on that challenge someday
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    Wow - Saturday coming to a close already. Today was just about the most varied day I have had in ages. I got a couple of exercise sessions in early, trundled all my plants out into the sunshine for the day (gotta get them used to the big bad outdoors before transplanting them into the big garden as soon as the soil is warm enough), worked on the gardens a bit, and then had TWO zoom sessions in a row! I have managed to get through the entire pandemic with barely any video events like this, then two in one day was quite something. The first was with a wonderful musician friend in England who has been running a resource for musicians of all varieties through the pandemic. They have sessions for string players, improvisation workshops, ceilidhs, discussion groups, audio IT instruction - you name it. She wanted to try out some new ideas, so she invited 3 of us to join her to explore together. It did me a world of good. Then our team zoom was equally delightful - my heart feels a whole lot bigger than it did this morning. I always enjoy it when my heart feels bigger at the end of the day instead of my stomach :wink:

@PlaneMonkey
    I'll bet your back and arm muscles are feeling bigger! And tired - those are some impressive piles of rocks. Gorgeous place! I'm wondering how your tracker figures that you went up 42 floors, but down 66. Hmmm.

Last weigh-ins for the week -
    @micki48 - I think you said today you were up 0.3? I'll put that in, but correct me if I'm wrong :smiley:
    @sunny9847 - I hope you are still with us :heart:

See you tomorrow!
  • jugar
    Options
    I am going to remember the Sunday people for a change! I know you'll get our Week 3 started brilliantly :smiley:

@YinxFed
    @Terytha
    @ob1msu
    @renewal_2021

Thanks!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in :smile:
    PW - 188.1
    CW - 188.4
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I missed the Zoom call yesterday. OH's friends had a window to come over and it's tricky to get to see them these days, so we spent the evening in the conservatory/garden with our new Kadai being used as a firepit.

I got some good running times Thursday/yesterday, and I'm going out again later but will be a steadier one I think. This morning/afternoon will be spent doing chores around the house, but may nip out shopping as well.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love the lake house @PlaneMonkey it looks like a fun and relaxing spot!

It was great to see y’all on the zoom call! It’s nice to connect in person. 😁 it inspired me to get in a workout and stretch later that evening! Just started with 10 minutes of walking which then led to HIIT and Pilates stretches. My body and spirit were lifted!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone -

We are #1 this week - but it was a weird week for some of the teams. Lots of weigh-ins missing, lots of discouraging moments for people, but hopefully things will get brighter for them this week. We had a strong week, even though most of our losses were modest. Luckily the very few gains were even more modest! I think our energy is excellent right now, with steady commitment and positive, realistic tools in the tool chest. WTG!
  • jugar
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    Daily Steps:
    Sun 10,283
    Mon 3,428
    Tue 8,213
    Wed 10,213
    Thu 11,082
    Fri 10,375
    Sat 9,721

Total 63,315
    Daily Average 9,045

We had family come over and went out on the boat all afternoon but I hope to make the next Zoom call! We found a great seafood restaurant with boat parking for dinner and enjoyed sunset from the water so it was a very nice Saturday!
    Beautiful stepping, and your Saturday sounds like a dream. Out on the water and then seafood. Ahhhhhh.

Gary, don't forget that you can also post how many minutes of Pilates (or any other exercise) you do and it can be added to your step totals. Send in those numbers too! Thanks -
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @terytha I am so sorry you have been having a hard time with work. You are beautiful and you have worked so hard to lose this weight. You should be very proud of that. Focus on what makes you feel better. I think getting outside for a walk and sun is great way to feel better. This to will pass.

@planemonkey that is a lot of steps to walk up and down! Looks beautiful.

Sounds like you all have had a nice weekend. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the zoom call. Our weekends are always packed.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,292 Member
    Options

Might be too late. Sorry😬
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,292 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey What a beautiful home you have! Those are some hefty rocks you moved too. Great work. You surely earned that relaxing afternoon.

@Gidgitgoescrazy and @Terytha Good to hear from you both. So sorry for the struggles lately. Vikki, I totally understand having the weight loss journey feel old or stale, but you are still running beside us and using those skills you have developed. I know you’ll get your mojo back. Check in and let us know how it’s going and what you are proud of each day. ❤️

Amber, I’m sorry life has been so hard lately. Having unstable/insecure employment sure can cause some mental stress. I think you have a good plan to take those sunny walks. Like @KellyBgetsfit said, you are beautiful and have done such amazing work for your health. Try and believe us and tell your mind to shhhhhhh. You are amazing. You are strong. You have done an incredible job getting healthy. Keep checking in.

Evelyn, thanks for setting up the zoom call. It was great to see everyone.

Hubby and I actually played about an hour of Pickleball yesterday afternoon after our call. It was so much fun and we found beautiful courts here pretty close to home. That extra exercise effort made me crash hard early evening, but I got a second wind.

I need to get back to logging. The last two days have been sparse.

Take care all. And yay team!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

Might be too late. Sorry😬
    No problem - luckily you mentioned it yesterday during our zoom session, and I put it in hoping it was right! It was.

@Terytha
    I just want to rush over to your house and give you a great big hug. You have been so strong through all this pandemic, economic crisis, other life craziness - it is impossible not to crash from time to time. Even though it is hard to believe when you're in the thick of it, you're going to keep on going and things will change. You might have some hard work ahead, but, I'll say it again - you are strong. I have always admired how you keep going when things get to be a hot mess, and you have stayed on track to lose almost a whole me. You have made me laugh when I relied entirely on angercize to keep from biting everyone's heads off, with your descriptions of VR games and events you have gone to that sound like they are from another planet from my dinosaur perspective! Keep on Ambering, OK? It is a great thing to do, even when it gets blah. Unblah out in the sun, and come here to rant any time.

@micki48
    What is pickleball? I have heard that word but have no accompanying visual of what it might be. I like the word, though!

@ob1msu
    Good week again! Below 290 now, no looking back, right? Let us know how you're doing :smiley:

More later - gotta go back outside for more vitamin D
This discussion has been closed.