• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I like Classico, too….

PAV enjoy your lunch!…..
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Broccoli, mashed potatoes,olive oil fried chicken tenders, tossed salad,fiber one brownies and coffee!….yummy in the tummy!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    some poutine sounds pretty good to me right about now - veggie gravy :)

(gotta startup my chainsaw and sawz me a path to the chip truck - pretty sure I saw poutine on her menu - probably not veggie gravy though :( )
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,668 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    PAV enjoy your lunch!…..

Lunch was awesome (and awesomely high in Calories!) about 800 for the burger and another 6-700 for the fries and ketchup and the little chocolate candy at the end.... AYAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Did I mention that the Gentle John Burger was tasty? YUP, it was! 1/3lb, "dutch" bacon slice, gouda, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, pickle, bun....

ly28w892wh0u.jpg
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    That burger and fries is two meals for me! (Not that I eat fries much any more...they make my chronic pain worse.)

Today we're having Mexican wraps for lunch, and leftovers for dinner. Or another iteration on the wrap if there is no leftovers, or taco salads or something of that ilk.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    That burger looks good!
    Bacon butties for lunch ….grilled with tomato, Mayo & lettuce!
    Roast chicken with tarragon & garlic for dinner -roast spuds & greens!
    Much cooler here today, hoping for some rain for garden!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    The first “ treat “ I am having on my maintenance break ( starts Wed. After doc appt. ) is a burger from a local Pub/ Bar down the road from us!…I do miss a great burger on occasion!….
  • Janatki
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Janatki wrote: »

It is thanks to these forums that I discovered Quorn. Had never heard of it before! That stuff is good. Bonus, it is fast to cook up!

Also, coffee and walnut cake sounds fabulous!

I agree Quorn is good! I tend to stick to the pieces rather than anything else… not keen on the sausages or bacon
    Have you tried “ This is not chicken “? Their salt & pepper pieces are so good! Also Cauldron (hard) Tofu is great too, coated with cornflour, makes a great Thai style stir fry. Not keen on other Tofu, plant alternatives … as yet!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Son in law fixed our dinner and served it to us in our room!….he cooked way too much food but I had 2 bbq chicken legs (very small ), tossed salad, red potatoes, mixed vegetables and a small scoop of baked beans!…. He is a great cook but he always has lots of leftovers….
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Breakfast yesterday was a solid choice of plain, non-fat yogurt with strawberries and honey. Lunch was Subway, where I smartly chose a 6 inch sweet onion chicken teriyaki on wheat, with no cheese, and TONS of veggies. I also got some mini-cucumbers and hummus at the store to fill it out a bit more.

But then at our extended father's day dinner last night, I maaaybe ate too much. Smoked whitefish dip and crackers. Cream cheese filled jalapenos topped with cherry jam, pine nuts and/or bacon. BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with baked beans. Fruit salad. Cheesy potatoes. Molasses cookies. Strawberry rhubarb pie with ice cream. Two G&Ts. More molasses cookies.

At least I got some solid morning exercise in?

Another molasses cookie.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Breakfast yesterday was a solid choice of plain, non-fat yogurt with strawberries and honey. Lunch was Subway, where I smartly chose a 6 inch sweet onion chicken teriyaki on wheat, with no cheese, and TONS of veggies. I also got some mini-cucumbers and hummus at the store to fill it out a bit more.

But then at our extended father's day dinner last night, I maaaybe ate too much. Smoked whitefish dip and crackers. Cream cheese filled jalapenos topped with cherry jam, pine nuts and/or bacon. BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with baked beans. Fruit salad. Cheesy potatoes. Molasses cookies. Strawberry rhubarb pie with ice cream. Two G&Ts. More molasses cookies.

At least I got some solid morning exercise in?

Another molasses cookie.

Sounds quite wonderful allround! Hpe you are having as wonderful a trip as it sounds.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I am not sure if this should fall under inspiration, desperation, or OMG run away!
    I know which way Connie is heading!!! :wink:

Had a ~500 Cal salad for late breakfast early lunch as I am contemplating venturing in the "OMG :fearful: 28C / 83F not even 40% humidity "heat wave alert", we're all going to melt" outdoors with the fur-face!

450g tomatoes, 60g onions, 45g mixed hot peppers, 101g eggs scrambled and nuked with a top secret spice mix (make that an utterly random spice mix) of cayenne pepper, garlic, a hint of curry powder because it was there and yellow, and mustard powder also because it was there and yellow all folded into 100g of 0% greek yogurt as the "mayo" to make it all into egg-salad type dressing for the salad! And some 30g of serrano ham because it was dying in the fridge... plus a couple of wasa crackers crumbled as croutons!!!

Hangs head in shame and goes to hide regarding his culinary prowess! (But it was tasty and I liked it and the dog licked the single glass container and my fork so Connie can just make fun of me and I don't care!)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Well, I made my husband egg salad for lunch and I put black pepper, diced onions, relish and some Mayo in it…..I had a wrap with ham because I am out of roast beef…..I will pass on your “ creation”, PAV!…dinner was a big beautiful 93% lean burger and a salad……now coffee and fiber one treats!
  • Janatki
    Options
    Beef strips - or bees strips -as I have logged it 🤣 - marinated in coconut, soys, garlic, chilli and lime - with stir fry veggies and egg noodles! Went 64 cals over, but so worth it!
    I have knackered the muscle in my calf - in agony and only bit way through a walk! No walking for me for a bit now -rest and ice! Jess is going to drive me nuts with her badgering to go for a run 😣
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Have you take that calf muscle to an NHS type white coat person to check out at all? Is there perhaps something that they might be able to suggest?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I had a migraine most of the day so Boyfriend went to Our Local Taqueria and there were two lengua tacos with onion and cilantro and lime awaiting me when I got up. YUM.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Pav - other than the freakin half dead ham - this sounds pretty tasty! Why would you ever hang your head for creating such a psychedelic, delicious-sounding, whacked out, culinary treat?!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Just NO!…..

Maybe you could strain it and drink the broth….I seriously do not think I could eat that lol…..I make a soup we call “Connie Cabbage Soup” but it is bland compared to your ingredients!
    Bottled water,diced canned tomatoes,carrots,cabbage and mixed vegetables ( out of a package like normal peas, carrots,limas and corn!)…. Add some bullion cubes,basil, parsley,salt and pepper….it is allowed to touch!