Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed the tuna casserole I made tonight….recipe is in new Recipe thread….I also had a slice of Skinny Banana bread and coffee for dessert!….yummy day….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Well there you go! Stupid McDonald app introduced $1 vanilla cones for unlimited times a day and unlimited uses of the coupon.. and the 230-300 Cal, depending on the size, cones are a personal favorite... starting from when I would have one either right before or right after heading out or coming back from 1.5 + hour walk when I first started losing weight

So dinner plans have changed slightly I think! I had one and a half and Skyler had half before heading out for our walk 😛
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well there you go! Stupid McDonald app introduced $1 vanilla cones for unlimited times a day and unlimited uses of the coupon.. and the 230-300 Cal, depending on the size, cones are a personal favorite... starting from when I would have one either right before or right after heading out or coming back from 1.5 + hour walk when I first started losing weight

So dinner plans have changed slightly I think! I had one and a half and Skyler had half before heading out for our walk 😛

My husband likes those ice cream cones, in fact he likes almost any kind of ice cream….I rarely buy any because he can’t stay out of it until it is gone…ice cream is one of those things I really don’t care about much….I will eat it but I don’t ever crave ice cream…I have tried the Halo ice cream….and I never want ice cream on top of cake or pie!…but you go ahead and enjoy your cones while they are on sale!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The co-cone-spirator and I have been taking a few too many pictures! So now we're going to put a move on! Right Sky? Squirrel!😇
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,627 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    How could I forget YOU??!!! >:)

This recipe came about because I saw two recipes that I liked - one with cabbage and peas, another with red kidney beans and onions, and I was just too lazy/reluctant to dirty two pans or something like that so figured I would combine them.

I think you should give it a whirl with what you have! I might miss the cumin - but you might already have enough of that in the yellow curry powder.

Send us a report!
  • lauriekallis
    Options

OH MY, he's a handsome lad!

I almost want to buy a car so I can pick up McDonald's cones when I'm out with my co-cone-spirator. We just walk by McDee's and look sadly through the windows.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey! Skylar is a girl!!!!
    https://goo.gl/photos/TjbftSwVKn6cpo7TA
  • PAV8888
    Options
    BBQ! Corn on the cob, fingerling potatoes, raw zipper back shrimp. Which at a guess will not continue to be Raw after going through the barbecue 😛
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV your dinner sounds great!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    So WAS even greater than WAS intended/anticipated?
  • lauriekallis
    edited June 2021
    Options

She's cute too! o:)

Is she a border collie/husky cross?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ... mango-scotch bonnet hot sauce and sour cream...

That sounds like quite a fine combination! How I love to have someone cook for me - your loves are extremely lucky!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    She's cute too! o:) Is she a border collie/husky cross?

Wow❣️ you're good👍

According to the revolving door jail people... that's exactly correct. (She was in and out of the rescue place at least three times per the info they gave)

She definitely vocalizes and has blue eyes in certain light. And is definitely a huntress!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Your tuna casserole recipe? that sounds interesting Connie! .... of course... you know what's coming.... do you think it would be better with butternut, zucchini, or beet-root spirals (noodles)? I'm thinking probably not butternut and beet-root may be too sweet... so this is a natural one for the next zucchini trial! :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Your tuna casserole recipe? that sounds interesting Connie! .... of course... you know what's coming.... do you think it would be better with butternut, zucchini, or beet-root spirals (noodles)? I'm thinking probably not butternut and beet-root may be too sweet... so this is a natural one for the next zucchini trial! :smiley:

Just use regular NOODLES!….SMH…..it doesn’t need “ fixed “

Your dog is a great looking dog!….we have a Pitsky, part Pitt and part Huskie with blue eyes….she is a little over 2 now and has really mellowed out…overweight, of course…..very strong and muscular…only likes her family!….a barker….

The food you pictured really looks delicious!…I would eat it….of course yesterday I could have eaten lead paint chips….paying the piper this morning!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    She's cute too! o:) Is she a border collie/husky cross?

Wow❣️ you're good👍

According to the revolving door jail people... that's exactly correct. (She was in and out of the rescue place at least three times per the info they gave)

She definitely vocalizes and has blue eyes in certain light. And is definitely a huntress!!!

My girl came from one of those jails too, they picked her from a shelter in Ohio. Originally described as a border collie beagle cross - but that doesn't seem to suit her personality (thank goodness) she doesn't have that ability to go and go and go - nor does her face match. A couple of vets have now given her a greyhound / beagle cross status - and that is her to a T. She runs like the wind - and really needs to run - then is absolutely exhausted for hours. Will sleep the entire afternoon. Doesn't like the heat either - will just drop down under a tree if it is too hot and she's been walking more than 1/2 hour. Our walks are long in the summer time!
    She has a cropped tail - the "country" vet thinks she may have been a rat dog - they crop their tails and leave just enough to pull them out of the "hole" ??? but she does love going after the tree rats.
  • lauriekallis
    edited June 2021
    Options

Yes - @PAV8888 - zuchinni noodles and what can I use instead of the tuna???? >:)

I just went off hunting on Google for protein options - saw several with beans - but think they will bring a distinct flavour that won't fit. Saw tofu - but I'm not a big tofu fan unless it is deep fried : ) I'm going to try used some cottage cheese instead. Lots of protein - should be kinda fun baked in the oven! If it works, I'll add a recipe to the new thread you created Connie. "The Vegetarian *kitten* Child of Connie's Tuna Casserole" :p

• PAV8888
    Options

Yes - @PAV8888 - zuchinni noodles and what can I use instead of the tuna???? >:)

I just went off hunting on Google for protein options - saw several with beans - but think they will bring a distinct flavour that won't fit. Saw tofu - but I'm not a big tofu fan unless it is deep fried : ) I'm going to try used some cottage cheese instead. Lots of protein - should be kinda fun baked in the oven! If it works, I'll add a recipe to the new thread you created Connie. "The Vegetarian *kitten* Child of Connie's Tuna Casserole" :p

Poutine curds or paneer or halloumi (saving on the extra cheese)? Oh Connie will hate our ***kitten*** for what we're planning for her casserole!

Yves also makes a crumble that I actually found tastyish albeit a bit high in sodium and calories at the time