Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely chef salad and then because I had plenty of calories left, I had a couple of caramel rice cakes with peanut butter and chocolate hummus on them!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Quick dog walk in the forest given the 40C/104F temperature... done!
    Hopefully we'll manage something tonight again after it cools down!

Sawsan (downstairs) went all out with the BBQ... at least the bags of prawns I had sitting in the freezer got converted to something tasty :lol:

It is POSSIBLE I was a TINY BIT goofy! I have no clue how that could have transpired!

Onedrive link for pics.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlgtwN62hw65zSMvZ9IzJlk16q-j?e=9EmFr4

This one might work better since it contains the authkey by the looks of it:
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AC9n0jMmWTXqr6M&v=photos&id=B90E87B6DEC02D58!9891&cid=B90E87B6DEC02D58

At least MOST of the getup color matches... and socks are good in the forest!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    It all looks delicious and it looks like you are having so much fun!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's because most items weren't touching Connie, including my head and reality❣️😹
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I don’t mix my food eating it either….I eat one item completely at a time….then move on to the next one….am I strange?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    That looks like an amazing time - a great hot day feast and an after dinner swing :) A bit steamy down here too ... but so far no neighbours doing any barbecuing
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    The end of my trip went off the rails, calorie-wise, but I did pretty well for the first half. (Birthday cake and ice cream, another birthday cake and ice cream, more ice cream, queso fundido with chorizo...)
    Now we're back and both craving just tons of fruit and veggies lol.

When we got home at 11 last night, I had the wherewithal to take some leftovers out of the freezer to thaw. So breakfast was beans in tomato sauce with egg whites. Egg whites from a carton - I'm sold. They were good and super fast and easy. Lunch will be lentil sloppy joes.

Husband has promised to make something vegetarian and delicious tonight, with whatever looks fresh at the grocery store.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    ...When we got home at 11 last night, I had the wherewithal to take some leftovers out of the freezer to thaw....

Good for you - I swear this is the kind of thing that really makes a difference for me. Thinking ahead, being prepared with good, filling, lower calorie food can stop me going off the rails because I let myself get hungry and didn't have any appropriate food on hand to stop that beast in its tracks.

Sounds like you pulled this entire trip off pretty well. Congratulations.

Gladd you like the egg whites from a carton...lol...another one of those things - not crazy exciting, but what they do they do very well.

My weekend was a complete food blitz. I too am craving lots of fruit and veggies today. It is so hot here too - so I'm almost feeling like it might be a watermelon kinda day...though I'm sure I will eventually want to eat something a bit more toothsome!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Try humidity 80% and temp around 93 with barely a breeze….how did anyone live in Florida years ago without air conditioning?….I like living here three months of the year!….the rest of the time, it is hot!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    @PAV8888 - I tried logging in Cronometer and you are right. It is so much better! I actually really love the smaller database. It is so much more useful, and so far I've found everything I need without any issue. I love seeing the complete nutrient information too. I'm doing the free version...in your opinion is there anything that would make the paid version worthwhile?
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Try humidity 80% and temp around 93 with barely a breeze….how did anyone live in Florida years ago without air conditioning?….I like living here three months of the year!….the rest of the time, it is hot!

I don't know how you do it Connie. I literally factored weather in when choosing where to go to grad school. I was picking between New Orleans and DC. DC was (slightly) less hot and humid, so it won. Are you near a beach at all? I think that is the only way I could survive!
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @eliezalot

They are very responsive when you send them corrections and or additions to the database.

The entries do get curated by the staff.

I paid for the phone app years ago. This was a one-time payment which I would strongly suggest doing if it's still at a reasonable price.

But beyond that I'm on the free plan of course most ads are suppressed in my browsers and it looked really strange once when I logged in from a machine that wasn't doing so.

Beyond that, I have no reason other than general interest, to watch which and how many of my macros I reach or do not reach. Or need to go much beyond defaults

That granularity may be of interest to you and or the sharing features.

The fact that you can export your data to a spreadsheet without fuss muss or argument and that nobody's talking about deleting stuff without allowing you to export sort of cinched things for me.

But I do find myself logging more often by analogy than in the past (i.e. logging something that's close enough as opposed to the exact item)

I miss the way mfp brings last used to the top. But you can flag items as favorites manually.

Overall I obviously prefer the overall package since I'm continuing to use it since about October!

And I have to admit that it probably has cut down on total time since logging new items involves less decision making, even if I often have to send in pictures and create a new item (I think I'm getting close to 50 by now... most of them candy or cookies or frozen entrees and ice cream 🤷🏻‍♂️)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

I don't know how you do it Connie. I literally factored weather in when choosing where to go to grad school. I was picking between New Orleans and DC. DC was (slightly) less hot and humid, so it won. Are you near a beach at all? I think that is the only way I could survive!

I live less than a mile from the beach but I hardly ever go because I don’t like sand on me or swimming in the ocean!…when we lived in Key West for five years we were on the open water!…I have lived in Florida since 1972 ( except in Las Vegas for five years ) and I think it is hotter every year!…
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I have pepper steak simmering in the slow cooker….fixing jasmine rice to have with it….lots of fruit for dessert!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I've collapsed at the computer from heat and I can't move but I dragged myself to the door to let the pizza guy drop off the pizza for flat-mate and I MAY have stolen a slice or two or maybe exactly 281g and eaten it.

(OK: I took three slices for a total of 297g but clawed back 16g of crust which went to the extra warm under-foot furry rug that I can't push far away in spite of kicking feebly at and which is bodily blocking the fan that is trying to blow the baby air-conditioner's air towards me and so I'm not getting any but thankfully the (3rd) can of coke zero is cold and I didn't faint when I went into the segregated hot zone where the kitchen is located!

Oh: we're a few minutes away from 42C / 107F here! It is some sort of effing record.

I mean yesterday in BC we hit an all time record for anywhere in Canada, ever (search for: Canada sets new national record as temperature reaches 47.5°C (117.5°F) in Lytton, B.C.)

I think I will go get wet and take fur face to a forest or something. If I can move. MAYBE.

Oh: food: microwaved thai re-curry less half the rice and three slices of pizza plus a fudgesicle so far.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This calls for more fudgesicles...and an ice bath for you and fur face.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    We had nice salads for supper. Mixed greens, soy ginger dressing, and baked portabella mushrooms topped with parmesan. A super ripe cantaloupe for dessert.
    A little low on protein today, but otherwise doing good, and sat fats nice and low :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Options
    A little low on protein today, but otherwise doing good, and sat fats nice and low :smiley:

Heat shimmers are causing vision problems (in spite of less than 2.5 month old new prescription pair of glasses)!

I read the above as "SAD fats" nice and low! :lol::blush:

Investigating ice-bath... wouldn't the transition shock cause damage? Can the bathtub accommodate the thermal shock?!?! Inquiring minds are mush and all that! Fur rug has turned upside down and is still absorbing all the cool down!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Perhaps wise to avoid ice bath - just in case.

My fur face is chasing an ice cube around the kitchen floor right now. Her post walk treat tonight.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Our Willow has a Kong toy you fill with treats…this morning I broke up treats in it, filled gaps with peanut butter and froze it…kept her busy a long time!