Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    Options
    Whoa Frozen dog treats is not something I've tried! You're giving me ideas!! I have some frozen bananas!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    Our Willow has a Kong toy you fill with treats…this morning I broke up treats in it, filled gaps with peanut butter and froze it…kept her busy a long time!

Glad Laine can't read, or she would be really ticked off at me. A lowly ice cube wouldn't work anymore. :)
    I might just give this a try. We have a Kong somewhere....no peanut butter though, cause "Mom" has no control with that stuff. Maybe just some dried esophagus bits and water (poor dog). She'll probably run right to my bed with that little lovely.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    At Petco they have a product to fill it with but Willow likes peanut butter….frozen watermelon is good, too but sticky….I don’t do sticky!…she is so spoiled….
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My parent's dog liked a combination of frozen peanut butter, plain yogurt, with some banana pieces in it. Note, they did not make this for him, I did. I definitely did not spoil him one bit...
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Breakfast today was chocolate PB2 yogurt dip with a big apple.
    Lunch is going to be lentil sloppy joe filling with avocado and egg whites.
    Dinner is going to be pesto (the basil is bolting, I have to cut it today) on a lentil pasta, with grilled chicken tenders and some steamed edamame.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    We had Hot Italian Beef sandwiches for lunch just now, and it will be chicken/beef/shrimp fajitas for dinner.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am going to attempt making egg plant pizza rounds in the air fryer…husband opted for Italian sausages lol…I had a tuna salad sandwich for lunch!
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Options
    20 g of peanut butter in seven little lumps freezing in the freezer for the fur rug!

It used to be 21g... but one was lost to finger licking 🤷🏻 (plus another from the spoon 👍)

One Blue menu peanut butter fudgecicle at 100 Cal consumed out of the six in the second box. I could have sworn the first box arrived here Sunday...

Laurie I don't know if they put fish in this thing (I don't see omega-3 getting mentioned)... but if they do I'm happy enough eating it!!! 😹

So menu for the day so far consists of coffee and fudgecicle!

Oh yes, had tri colour coleslaw (cabbage) with greek yogurt dressing last night... veggies and protein and all that... to go with another slice of THAT pizza!

Dad has been spotted at Costco stocking up on things for me to cook when I'm back there!!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Change of plans ( of course, my life )…. Everyone in the house wants pizza and since I have calories to spare ( I am loving this maintenance break ) pizza it is!…asked what kind Nannie wanted, she replied
    “ any kind as long as it’s a REAL pizza!”….0h boy this is going to be good…I honestly can’t remember the last time I had a pizza from anywhere except my kitchen!…I am actually salivating thinking about it arriving in a few minutes!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I've gotten really picky about pizzas. The last one I had the sauce was too goopy and sweet and the sausage too hot.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    One Blue menu peanut butter fudgecicle at 100 Cal consumed out of the six in the second box. I could have sworn the first box arrived here Sunday...

Laurie I don't know if they put fish in this thing (I don't see omega-3 getting mentioned)... but if they do I'm happy enough eating it!!! 😹

No - the peanut butter ones are fish free :) I think they added the fish to the non-peanut butter ones because they need the fat for texture or ?????
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Mousse @eliezalot

This 325 Cal (600g) single serve portion of velvety smooth mousse was inspired by @eliezalot 's attempt to explain the concept of waiting for your food to freeze so you can lick it off a stick vs immediately digging it out of the blender's bowl using a spoon, your fingers, and any other handy appendage(s)!

--350g Yoplait 0% yogurt (123 Cal)
    --22g Hershey cocoa (44 Cal)
    --103g jello refrigerated pudding (50-60 Cal)
    --54g frozen banana (50 Cal)
    --85g blueberries (49 Cal)

Instructions: Cut banana in chunks, drop in blender. Add other ingredients. Blend by pressing the button or other technological trickery that will make things blend! Spoon down if needed to blend better!

When smooth, use spoon to test a sample. Continue testing samples until there is no more mousse available to use spoon on. Use fingers to access remainder. Lick. Use fingers on blades carefully. Lick some more. Dis-assemble and continue licking. DO NOT LICK BLADES DIRECTLY. Do NOT share with canine when using Xylitol sweetened products such as jello refrigerated pudding.

dgj10inwzh7r.jpg
  • eliezalot
    Options
    @PAV8888 to be honest, about half of the fudgesicle mixture didn't make it into the molds when I did it either :joy:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I bought some molds yesterday and I think I am going to mix some berries in yogurt and freeze them…seems easier lol…I might just stir up the yogurt and freeze it plain…but I think that chocolate hummus might be really good swirled into it!….btw this maintenance break is fun but I am looking forward to getting back on track…
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    So last night I made one of my favorites... Alice Springs Chicken. AKA chicken marinated in a honey mustard sauce and topped with bacon, mushrooms, and cheese.

I do lighten in up from the original recipe. I use:

- Olive oil mayo in the marinated
    - More mushrooms
    - Less bacon
    - Less cheese

I mean, it's still not low calorie (328 for one chicken breast), but with the changes I make it fits a lot better then the original recipe.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Today is the big meal my partners adore: Chinese barbecued pork ribs (boneless country ribs) with vegetable fried rice, pork egg rolls, and crab rangoon. All homemade, served with Chinese hot mustard for dipping. It takes a couple hours to do the ribs, because it's real BBQ with much basting, but they love it so much that I don't mind doing it.

Lunch is burgers and chips, as it is every Wednesday. I always make six burgers and then that way the other three are ready for me to make patty melts on Friday.

I still think the way you plan your meals is amazing…I do good to know what I am fixing for dinner by 2 in the afternoon!…

“ one of life’s greatest joys is feeding the people you love “

This certainly defines you!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Breakfast today was egg whites, morningstar farms "sausage" patties, half an avocado, and a perfectly ripe white peach.
    Lunch will be the hummus I made yesterday, some snap peas, and maybe leftover chicken.
    For snacks, I'll do some PB2 yogurt dip, an apple, and some blueberries.
    I think for dinner, I'll make some cowboy caviar and blackened fish.