• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Cowboy caviar?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    Cowboy caviar?
    The prairie oyster question is: do we want to know?!?!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I still think the way you plan your meals is amazing…I do good to know what I am fixing for dinner by 2 in the afternoon!…

“ one of life’s greatest joys is feeding the people you love “

This certainly defines you!

I get very anxious if I don't know in advance what I'm doing. It bothers me a lot and I worry. (That would be my autism.) Add in the fact that I can't think straight when I'm hungry, and, well, I'd better plan it ahead! In some respects my partners are like small children, and knowing that meals will always be at a certain time and they will always be good and filling is part of that, and it helps their anxiety and some issues around food. I also print out a menu of what I'm going to make next week, and that helps them because they can just look and calmly and happily anticipate the goodness. Or, if a traumatic memory has them nauseated and miserable, they can just say, "Hey, don't make me any curry, I'm not able to eat anything spicy today, could I just have a PB&J instead?" well in advance, and then I don't have to do work that isn't necessary....which I prefer.

We did not wind up having the Chinese meal tonight because..... last week Boyfriend went and got gas for the mower, and sloshed some of it onto the carpet in the trunk of the car. So I went to the store today to pick up his medication refill, and the gas fumes gave me a wicked migraine. I slept from 2 to 6, and so there was no barbecue made. He went over to the taqueria and got me steak tacos. (He's a good man!)

He has the carpet out of the trunk and in the garage, so it won't keep fuming the car up, and it's easier to air out the garage.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Cowboy caviar?

Looks like a black bean salsa, but also has black-eyed peas in it. I've never made it, but my friend swears it is amazing. https://www.budgetbytes.com/cowboy-caviar/

I ended up not making that tonight, because we didn't want to go to the grocery store in the heat. So that will be tomorrow's dinner. Instead, I made do with what I had in the fridge. So tonight I made salmon teriyaki, cauliflower tossed in the leftover teriyaki sauce, and a quinoa rice blend with the rest of the snap peas (all 6 of them lol), leftover bell peppers, and 3 week old green onion i salvaged from the veggie drawer.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    The Cowboy Caviar is very good….we make many different variations here in the south you all’
  • eliezalot
    Options
    The Cowboy Caviar is very good….we make many different variations here in the south you all’

Do you have a favorite version Connie? I'd love the recipe if you have it!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Breakfast: cantaloupe and blueberries
    Lunch: Hummus wrap with greens and avocado, maybe egg whites?
    Snack: PB2 dip and an apple
    Dinner: Chicken breast with greens and leftover quinoa and pesto.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    coffee 63g of grounds big pot ALL MINE! :heart:
    So far:
    45g pack of melba toasts
    three jalapeno laughing cow wedges, and
    42g of pitted prunes!
    The rest?
    Other than a "guaranteed" 50 Cal / 14g bag of Krispy Kernel Pretzels at around 19:00 who knows?!?!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    So good to eat the way I should be eating again!….huge salad, light dressing, fresh steamed cauliflower with 2% cheese slice, lean ground beef patties and coffee with 2 fiber bar brownies for dessert!….what a difference only one day makes!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    coffee 63g of grounds big pot ALL MINE! :heart:
    So far:
    45g pack of melba toasts
    three jalapeno laughing cow wedges, and
    42g of pitted prunes!
    The rest?
    Other than a "guaranteed" 50 Cal / 14g bag of Krispy Kernel Pretzels at around 19:00 who knows?!?!

Will you be on an airplane??? Just looked up Krispy Kernel Pretzels - and saw them as a flight snack - they do look tasty though.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Connie - you did an amazing job. Glad you are slipping right back into that groove today. You have inspired me. I'm tired of dicking around with this "almost maintenance" thing I've been doing. I really need to feel a bit more of a loss - and I have been managing not to gain - but I really want to lose! I think I can do that again. Thank you!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Actually got an awesome shortbread cookie with icing too!

Now to find a high end Tim Horton chili or something if I can swing it in 30 min or less! 😹😹😹

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Connie - you did an amazing job. Glad you are slipping right back into that groove today. You have inspired me. I'm tired of dicking around with this "almost maintenance" thing I've been doing. I really need to feel a bit more of a loss - and I have been managing not to gain - but I really want to lose! I think I can do that again. Thank you!!!

Let’s make July a losing month for both of us!….I think what you have done is awesome!….I really want to lose some more weight!
  • lauriekallis
    Options

Let’s make July a losing month for both of us!….I think what you have done is awesome!….I really want to lose some more weight!

Your on!
    It would be nice to hit the fall a noticeable bit lighter and leaner!!!!! (I have some pants in my closet that need a smaller body to fit onto :) )

July is a good month to get that ball rolling!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

Your on!
    It would be nice to hit the fall a noticeable bit lighter and leaner!!!!! (I have some pants in my closet that need a smaller body to fit onto :) )

July is a good month to get that ball rolling!!!

I just bought some new jeans that I haven’t tried on lol….I also found a very expensive pair of designer jeans my daughter wore in college and somehow they didn’t get thrown out in numerous moves….I can squeeze into them but I would love to really have them fit with a black leather jacket of hers that I hung onto only because it cost so much lol…I will look like a hot momma or an old biker chick lol….
    Options
    I just did an entire skirt steak in a lime juice and oil marinade with spices and broiled it, then chopped it up. That will go into street tacos for me next week, because the al pastor that I did last month is spicy enough for them and way too much for me. There's quite a bit of meat so I'll be portioning and freezing most of it, but that's a job for tomorrow.

I'm tired so I'm going to go to bed and see if the neighbors will let me sleep. I have hopes.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Breakfast was scrambled eggs (with extra egg whites) and about cup of fresh herbs from the garden, a little fruit salad of nectarine and blackberry with fresh picked mint, and 2 veggie sausage patties with our own maple syrup. Homegrown and homemade food just does my soul good.

Lunch will be leftover ceviche and chips.

Dinner is still TBD - maybe I'll make up the cowboy caviar and just call it a salad?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @eliezalot I'm thinking your breakfast might just sound a little like my dinner! Or maybe a bit of your breakfast and your dinner. Maybe I'll have your dinner for breakfast!
    Options
    We are going to have chicken gyros for dinner, on pita breads with tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, and fresh onions.