Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    No leftovers for us either! Husband suggested we go out, so we walked to pick up some carry-out from our local brew pub. He go the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans (I stole a taste, it was incredible). I had a tex-mex spiced tuna steak with charred corn, tomatoes, and baby potatoes, and some green salsa. So good, and so glad I found something so delicious (and as close as I can gt to my saturated fat goals lol)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Bella I'm actually jelly of your day though I had an interesting one myself.

Absolutely abysmal (43g) saturated fat!!! But a bit of a deficit overall, with an intake in the 2250 range ..

... and a pretty solid dinner with friends (diet Pepsi; not Rickards Red, unfortunately)

And I have to admit that the measuring cups are... helpful for logging! Thanks Montana's.

(P.S. steak at Montana's is not recommended---the beef rib is, comparatively, much better. PPS: way too much meat)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I am having refried old El Paso black bean enchiladas and the look so good!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    555 calories for two huge enchiladas with gooey melted cheese on top!
  • eliezalot
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Breakfast today was yogurt, blueberries, and a drizzle of honey. Lunch was the rest of the chaat salad. I wish the textures held up better after a few days in the fridge, but the flavor remains great.

Supper I did what I had planned on doing last night. I took my lentil-barley mix, added some nutritional yeast, bread crumbs, extra spices, and egg whites, rolled them into meatballs, and baked. We had them on top of some basil fettuccine tossed in a drizzle of truffle oil and a sprinkle of mushroom salt, with a jar of fancy pasta sauce (yellow tomato cannellini bean and truffle). It was pretty good, and I have a ton of "meatballs" left over. It was pretty tasty for re-purposing leftovers and cleaning out the cupboard!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That is some very fancy sauce! And nice sounding veggie balls!

We had 'Sea-food, eat food!" Dad had two pieces of salmon, a couple of small potatoes cut into thin pan fries frozen mixed veggies and some of my frozen spinach and cauliflower mix. I had one piece of salmon, a pack of taiwanese noodles, lots of green onions, 200+g of shrimp, and lots of the spinach cauli mix. Cleaned out all open packs of frozen veggies except for the green giant mix veg pack!

I probably have a ton of calories left... though I've slowed down since I came back so maybe not as many. Will have to go back and perform some intricate calculations!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    Marie Antoinette declared my dinner yesterday. Oblivious wench. :(
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I have three boneless skinless chicken breast in the slow cooker….half will be shredded and have bbq sauce mixed in it and the other half is for chicken salad for mon and tues lunch….also for dinner having broccoli and salad….
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    I'm contemplating whether or not to take the plunge into vegetarianism, but in the meantime, we had roast chicken for dinner!

So today's fare was:
    • Breakfast: The usual: 72g slice of multi-grain toast with 20g Pip and Nut peanut butter & two mugs of builder's tea
    • Lunch: The usual: A wholemeal pitta, 40g homemade houmous, mixed salad of red cabbage/carrot/yellow pepper/cucumber/onion/rocket/harlequin tomatoes
    • Dinner: 150g roast chicken (white meat only); 150g Maris Piper potatoes roasted in 3g goose fat (in for a penny, in for a pound >:) ); gravy, broccoli, carrots, peas and green beans.
    • Snack: An ice-cream cone with 34g of Colombian Coffee gelato
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    [*] Dinner: 150g roast chicken (white meat only); 150g Maris Piper potatoes roasted in 3g goose fat (in for a penny, in for a pound >:) ); gravy, broccoli, carrots, peas and green beans.

Any way I add up the potatoes they do not exceed 150 Cal AND potatoes are satiating for many people! Now I have to go out there and fire up some Googles to figure out who Maris Piper is!

The gelato sounds VERY interesting! :blush:
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Last night was lamb curry with rice. I made a large pot of mixed greens with ginger and garlic and spinach, which my partners ate but I did not as cooked greens and I disagree violently. Girlfriend also had a couple of beef samosas with mint chutney. Son took himself out for pasta and about a dozen breadsticks. (rolls eyes)

Today so far has been walking burritos (cause all the stuff's inside the wrap instead of on the plate) and tonight...I don't know. It's usually leftovers Sunday night and I'm hot and miserable. We may have street tacos, cause those would be easy and tasty.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Lean angus beef burgers (170 Cal each for 4 oz patties), with a non stick pan fried egg on top of each burger, served with riced cauliflower mixed with mixed frozen vegetables and green onions which were grilled in the same grilling pan as the burgers.

(after the fact observation)... two extra large eggs at 118g for both come to the same calories as one of the burgers... so which way would YOU have traded: two eggs or one burger? It's a choice: 510 Cal spent on 3 burgers or spent on 2 burgers and 2 very large eggs? I'm happy with my choice, I admit.

The cauliflower and chopped spinach mix from yesterday, by the way, is a way better deal in terms of calories than cauliflower and mixed veg (mainly because of the corn in the mixed veg I assume)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I wouldn’t have eaten any kind of egg on the burger….that is just wrong…
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t have eaten any kind of egg on the burger….that is just wrong…

lol...Connie....I'm such a brat this would make me eat the egg >:) even if I didn't like it!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sorry Connie, I called them burgers... I should have called them minced beef patties which would, of course, allow you to adorn them with an egg! :wink:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    You don’t eat eggs with any kind of meat!…actually eggs should only be eaten if that is all you have to eat and then they must be scrambled with ketchup on them or deviled if I make them!…( I make really good deviled eggs!)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Egg burgers and bacon butties are standard fare at wintry early morning mountain bike race meeting here in the UK. Vegans and vegetarians have to pack their own nosh.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    One of my favorite burgers is from a small bar in my old neighborhood back in MN. A burger, topped with chili and an over easy egg with some raw onions. You have to eat it with a fork, but it is incredible.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Yesterday was fun.
    For breakfast, I heated up some leftover lentil-barley meatballs with an over easy egg. I also tried some faux breakfast sausage links which were decent. I topped it off with coffee, and a huge bowl of blueberries with a drizzle of white balsamic vinegar.
    Lunch was a package of sweet chili shrimp and rice from the deli at whole foods.

Then went to best friend's house and had some iced tea, chips, and mango salsa.

Finally went to other friend's house for supper. She made sweet potato and black bean enchiladas (they were amazing), and I brought a salad. I haven't seen her in months; it was so nice to catch up and hang out a bit.

I definitely went over my calories yesterday, but not by a ton, and I didn't eat until I was stuffed. I limited my snacking on chips to a reasonable amount, had water instead of beer, and am feeling pretty good about it!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You don’t eat eggs with any kind of meat!…actually eggs should only be eaten if that is all you have to eat and then they must be scrambled with ketchup on them or deviled if I make them!…( I make really good deviled eggs!)

I'm a big deviled egg fan! What's your recipe?