Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    6/21 steps 21,831
    I ended up going just over my deficit but to be fair I just reduced my calorie allowance. I tend to stagger my calories going high then low but right now I'm trying to be more even about things. I drank over 2 litres of water.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    littleflutterby
    PW- 287.8
    CW- 287.0
    LTD- 88lb

Ugh I am frustrated because 2 days ago I was in the 285's. But, I had a super late night last night. My wife was having terrible pain in her side, I ended up calling an ambulance for her and she went to the hospital. She has a kidney stone, and now she's home (she came home at 4am) with pain meds and other things she needs to take to help pass it.

I think if my routine was the same my weight would be lower, but it doesn't really matter. I'm just glad Gael is ok (it definitely could've been a lot worse)

I am super tired and grumpy today. I have therapy at 2pm so I can rant about it lol. Just going to go for a small walk to the pharmacy and fill Gael's prescription. Need to get some fresh air lol

Here are my steps so far this week

20/6- 15,088
    21/6- 11,196

I'm glad to hear she's going to be okay and got medical attention. My weight always goes up from stress like that.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    littleflutterby
    PW- 287.8
    CW- 287.0
    LTD- 88lb

Ugh I am frustrated because 2 days ago I was in the 285's. But, I had a super late night last night. My wife was having terrible pain in her side, I ended up calling an ambulance for her and she went to the hospital. She has a kidney stone, and now she's home (she came home at 4am) with pain meds and other things she needs to take to help pass it.

I think if my routine was the same my weight would be lower, but it doesn't really matter. I'm just glad Gael is ok (it definitely could've been a lot worse)

I am super tired and grumpy today. I have therapy at 2pm so I can rant about it lol. Just going to go for a small walk to the pharmacy and fill Gael's prescription. Need to get some fresh air lol

20/6- 15,088
    21/6- 11,196

Those are painful... Hope she passes it easily. (if that's possible). My fiance was experiencing the same sort of pains sporadically every 30 minutes or so throughout a Saturday and Sunday... It went away though. My thought was it could be a kidney stone? Hmmmm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with Kidney problems since 2016 ...I have had 3 lithotripsy and still have to deal with kidney stones ... I feel for Gael ...I hope she can pass it soon ....hugs to you both
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    littleflutterby
    PW- 287.8
    CW- 287.0
    LTD- 88lb

20/6- 15,088
    21/6- 11,196

It’s a loss so that good. You will see that drop next week. I hope your wife’s stone passes quickly. I remember taking Amy, my daughter, to the hospital with kidney stones before. She was in terrible pain. She has had one in awhile so I am knocking on wood. I hope you get lots of sleep tonight. Awesome steps by the way.

6/21 steps 21,831
    I ended up going just over my deficit but to be fair I just reduced my calorie allowance. I tend to stagger my calories going high then low but right now I'm trying to be more even about things. I drank over 2 litres of water.

Fantastic steps! I average my calories so I guess that would be staggering. I wonder sometimes if I am doing more harm than good. I am lower all week but a little higher on weekends.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes!!!

@TheresaM787 I want to increase my veggie intake..dark green leafy etc...like yesterday I wanted to try something new (something I saw on TikTok 🙄 I know I know) but I made a sandwich out of a green pepper. It was really good but messy..lol

I am going to increase my steps to 5,000...now that I am taking walks I will be constantly over...lol

Steps 6/21 6,519
    Stayed under on my calories but I didn't have great choices 🙃
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@TheresaM787 I want to increase my veggie intake..dark green leafy etc...like yesterday I wanted to try something new (something I saw on TikTok 🙄 I know I know) but I made a sandwich out of a green pepper. It was really good but messy..lol

I am going to increase my steps to 5,000...now that I am taking walks I will be constantly over...lol

Steps 6/21 6,519

Are you wanting to be added to our step challenge ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JUNE WEEK 3 TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @amymartin555 - 201,685 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 146,280 steps
    3rd @888Angie888- 124,481 steps
    4th @TheresaM787 - 119,120 steps
    5th @Beverly2Hansen - 111,977 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES - WELL DONE :):):):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,348,179 STEPS
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :D:D:D:D

IT'S RECOGNIZING TIME FOR THE ONES WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 - 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 6/7
    @littleflutterby - 7/7
    @888Angie888 - 7/7
    @TheresaM787 - 7/7
    @iradi8 - 5/7
    @rlaskey2 - 6/7
    @Tazaria87 - 6/7
    @Z1ORtza - 7/7
    @Bluetail6 - 1/7
    @red1185 - 1/7
    @rwood566 - 6/7
    @lmf1012 - 7/7
    @Beverly2Hansen - 7/7
    @BRGking - 1/7
    @amymartin555 7/7
    FANTASTIC JOB EVERYBODY :):):):):):)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/21 steps 9,514

I did not walk as far yesterday, my Apple watch was almost fead and I wanted to make sure I got credit for what I had done so far lol

Terrific step day!!! Yup, been there. Apple needs to take a page from Fitbit, and have a much longer battery life. I can’t believe Apple Watches die so quickly. Yes, listening to podcasts, tracking steps and mapping my route, oh snd showing the time, but still 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • TheresaM787
    Options

My walk was only an hour and 51 minutes and we walked 4.55 miles ...Thursday will be longer :)

ONLY? Only just shy of TWO HOURS? You crack me up kid! Two hours. Very impressive 👏💪👏
    red1185 wrote: »
    Made sure to get off my butt yesterday for a little walk before the rain came. I’m trying to make myself get out of vacation mode. I’m going back to tracking my food, and getting my steps in. The last few days have not been good.

6/19: 1,104
    6/21: 2,500

Ugh. it’s hard getting back into the swing of things. You got this!! One day at a time.
    Every time you track your food and get in some steps it’s a good day.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 31 minutes, 8 miles 👎
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 31 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 11,700

Why is it that summer days go by faster than school days? The days are flying by. Hubby is still committed to his daily walks 💖 He's doing amazing! We've been together for over two decades and this is the longest that he has been exercising consistency. Looking for advice, he mentioned that he isn't losing weight. His way of eating hasn't changed (and I don't think he wants to give up his bread, pizza, deep fried Buffalo tenders, burgers, bagels- he chooses to eat differently than the kids and I...). I don't want to tell him that he can't outrun a fork, because I'm afraid that may demotivate him from walking and I'm so proud of him for walking- every- single- day. So... what would you say to your honey if he said he's surprised he isn't losing weight?
    kemxxlqmdsem.png

I wouldn’t give you a thumbs down on your bike riding. You are impressive doing both riding and all your walking. If it was Garry I would have to explain to him gently about calories in calories out. Maybe you could find a graph with lots of data showing him that what he is eating is affecting his weight loss. Maybe ask him to change is way of eating just for 2 weeks to see what happens. Tell him he doesn’t have to give everything up but moderation matters. You could tell him once a week you can make him a favourite meal. That way he sees that you can still fit favorites in while losing weight. You could also find ways to lighten up some of his favourite recipes. With bagels for example, I eat weight watchers bagels. It saves me over 100 calories. Anyways, he can make small changes each week and that will be big changes in the long run. Sorry the rambling response.

Thank you Linda 🤗 those are all terrific ideas. I’m going to try that. I hope he’s receptive. 🤞
    Check in for Monday
    ✅Steps 6,557
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

I am really running behind today. Was awake last night with my back so I felt really off this morning. Made my coffee, took 2 sips, poured it out and went back to bed. At least I got just over 7 hours sleep by doing this. I hit my step goal but came up short on 7,000. I think for know I will concentrate on 6,000 as my step goal. I am going to do my physio and go for a walk. I am going to walk to Tim Hortons for a tea.

Have a great Tuesday!
    Three out of three 🤩👏👏 and including SLEEP 👏👏 I hope your back is feeling better🤗 Enjoy your tea 😊
    I haven’t mentioned this in awhile but I use insightful on weight loss post I know I have logged the weight. It also lets someone else know in case they need to log the weights for me. It is helpful if you don’t use the insightful on these type post. I really get confused easily. 😂
    I haven’t mentioned this in awhile but I use insightful on weight loss post I know I have logged the weight. It also lets someone else know in case they need to log the weights for me. It is helpful if you don’t use the insightful on these type post. I really get confused easily. 😂

Thank you for letting us know about the insightful tab. I didn’t know MFP lets you filter by tab. Interesting.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Steps 6/21: 18,414

I think Brooks or Nike should sponsor your walks 👏👏

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

My walk was only an hour and 51 minutes and we walked 4.55 miles ...Thursday will be longer :)

ONLY? Only just shy of TWO HOURS? You crack me up kid! Two hours. Very impressive 👏💪👏
    red1185 wrote: »
    Made sure to get off my butt yesterday for a little walk before the rain came. I’m trying to make myself get out of vacation mode. I’m going back to tracking my food, and getting my steps in. The last few days have not been good.

6/19: 1,104
    6/21: 2,500

Ugh. it’s hard getting back into the swing of things. You got this!! One day at a time.
    Every time you track your food and get in some steps it’s a good day.

You know me .... 2 hours is short for me :p but glad I crack you up :D:p
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    littleflutterby
    PW- 287.8
    CW- 287.0
    LTD- 88lb

20/6- 15,088
    21/6- 11,196

First- woo hoo! Another loss 👏👏 You are doing fantastic!
    Second- I’m sorry to hear about Gael snd her kidney stone. I’ve heard those are extremely painful. I hope the medicine works and she’s able to pass them quickly.
    Third- of course you’re super tired and may be a little grumpy today, you had a very hectic and stressful night last night.
    Fourth- just more proof on how amazingly well you’re doing, you went for a walk to the pharmacy to get the prescription and look at all of those steps you’ve gotten over the past two days!!!
    🤗
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    6/21 steps 21,831

Another spectacular step day for you👏👏 It’s amazing that you don’t float away, from drinking all that water. I have to pee just reading that you drank 2 L of water. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
  • TheresaM787
    Options

Steps 6/21 6,519

Whenever I hear someone say that they want to increase their veggie intake, I think of the podcast We Only Look Thin and their episode titled “pump up the volume” 😆 Yes! I’ve made that sandwich- saw it on Pinterest made with a red bell pepper. Mmmm. I was having them several times a week awhile back.
    Terrific step goal! Fantastic total steps yesterday 👏👏 Well done staying under, that bell pepper sandwich sounds like a great choice to me 😊
This discussion has been closed.