Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good week.

Check in for 6/24:
    Steps - 10022. It was 9994 but I couldn't let it stay there so I went to the kitchen to grab a peanut, came back and saw I needed water and went back to the kitchen.
    Calories - 1550. Cantaloupe and peach for dessert.
    Exercise - 3.59 mile walk in 70 min in morning and gym in afternoon. 7 machines.

Tomorrow is catfish day. Something good to eat. Saturday is chocolate pudding day and coconut day. Sugar free pudding with some toasted coconut for a light dessert. Sunday is ice cream cake day. A nice family treat in the afternoon. It's also onion day, but I wouldn't recommend combining those two. Have a wonderful weekend.

Roger!! Over TEN THOUSAND STEPS 😃👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I love how you saw you were so close and walked back and forth to get past the 10,000 mark! Amazing long walk 🎉 Plus seven gym machines 🙌🏻🙌🏻 How do you feel? You are working hard for that trip. Peaches and cantaloupe make a yummy, yummy sweet dessert!

@lindamtuck2018
    SnoCaps are semi-sweet chocolate chips covered with white nonpareils. It's a movie theater candy that pairs extremely well with popcorn.
    I'm sorry that Moderna is causing that reaction, hopefully you'll feel better today. I hope you are taking it easy, and allowing yourself permission to recuperate and not focus on your daily goals for now (that's what you'd be telling us 😉). You may be holding onto weight because of the way your body is reacting to the vaccine. Yes, you're right. I remember you telling us how your weight stalled for a bit, then dipped. I'm glad you'll be back in the pool, hopefully the adult laps will open again soon.
    I L💛VE your list of NSVs! 🤗

@Z10Rtza
    You've had a fantastic step month!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day-Friday
    PW: 228.8
    CW: 227.5 (loss 1.3lbs)
    LTD 41.5

Finally a loss :) ......Today was suppose to be swimming but with both of us sunburned ...we will be staying in and cleaning out closets ...I have all her school books/work from when she started school so yesterday we went and bought bins so I could organized it ...She needs to go through her closet and put clothes in bags that no longer fit ...Tomorrow is our lonnnnnnnnnnnng walk ...........Happy FriYAY everyone :)

Woo hoo!! Yayyy Megan 👏🏻👏🏻 Look at that 41.5 pounds GONE🎉 You have a busy day ahead of you with cleaning out closets and going through all of her school stuff. Good luck🤩

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 17,637
    A lot of of steps for only a short walk on the beach and painted some closet doors with my daughter 🤷‍♀️
    I am still over cooking. Been pulling out things from the freezer. Last night was a chili hubby made god knows when.

That does NOT sound like a SHORT walk on the beach- 17,637 steps 👏🏻👏🏻 Great work painting and pulling out food from the freezer (love when I have a meal already prepared, it feels like a gift). According to my husband, if freezing Captain America for about 70 years worked, then it's fine for a lasagna 😆 apparently that's not the case for food, according to Google. How did it taste? I love chili
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/24: 20,368
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,005 Member
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day-Friday
    LTD 41.5

Finally a loss :) ......Today was suppose to be swimming but with both of us sunburned ...we will be staying in and cleaning out closets ...I have all her school books/work from when she started school so yesterday we went and bought bins so I could organized it ...She needs to go through her closet and put clothes in bags that no longer fit ...Tomorrow is our lonnnnnnnnnnnng walk ...........Happy FriYAY everyone :)

Woo hoo!! Yayyy Megan 👏🏻👏🏻 Look at that 41.5 pounds GONE🎉 You have a busy day ahead of you with cleaning out closets and going through all of her school stuff. Good luck🤩

Steps 17,637
    A lot of of steps for only a short walk on the beach and painted some closet doors with my daughter 🤷‍♀️
    I am still over cooking. Been pulling out things from the freezer. Last night was a chili hubby made god knows when.

That does NOT sound like a SHORT walk on the beach- 17,637 steps 👏🏻👏🏻 Great work painting and pulling out food from the freezer (love when I have a meal already prepared, it feels like a gift). According to my husband, if freezing Captain America for about 70 years worked, then it's fine for a lasagna 😆 apparently that's not the case for food, according to Google. How did it taste? I love chili

Thanks Theresa ... I am happy about my loss ... since I had been gaining for almost of June :) ... I am very busy today ...and sweaty :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    @lindamtuck2018 some of my NSVs:
    1. I’ve been back at tracking (even when I go over)
    2. I’ve been walking the dog everyday, even if it’s just a short one
    3. I took her on a long walk yesterday at the park, and when I realized I still hadn’t met my step goal, I went on a short walk later to make up for it
    4. I went to dinner yesterday, and stopped eating when I was full.
    5. I’m not giving up, or giving in. I complain a lot, but I keep going lol.
    6. I just hit 175 consecutive login days to MFP
    7. Even though I don’t respond to everybody’s posts individually, like a lot of y’all do - I read them, and am so inspired! (I respond in my head lol)
    I’m always deeply grateful for the support I get from all of y’all!
    I remind myself that I’m not where I want to be, but I’m farther along than where I was 6 months ago.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps:
    6/23: 3,790
    6/24: 9,197
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 308.0
    CW: 305.8. -2.2

falling back into a bad habit today. We have several days of leftovers and I'm the only one who normally eats them. I'm tired of them. I wanted a salad for lunch but had to move leftovers out of the way. I grabbed a couple of them and heated them up to get rid of them my normal way...eating. I ate one and started on the other despite telling myself not to. I repeated my no after each bite. I finally got it away from my mouth after half was gone and dumped it.

That combined with aching body and breathing problems has made my day a bad one so far. I couldn't walk so I washed my car slowly. Cost more than normal but oh well.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,005 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    3. I took her on a long walk yesterday at the park, and when I realized I still hadn’t met my step goal, I went on a short walk later to make up for it
    7. Even though I don’t respond to everybody’s posts individually, like a lot of y’all do - I read them, and am so inspired! (I respond in my head lol)
    I remind myself that I’m not where I want to be, but I’m farther along than where I was 6 months ago.

I need you to confirm your steps again ...I have 5111 for the 23rd and 3790 for the 24th ..is the 9197 for the 25th .. sorry I am exhausted
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my old "total gym" Put it out front and within 20 minutes it was gone ... my neighbors wife wanted it ...I just ordered my home gym.... I upgraded it since it was the only one that had an ab attachment ..that has always been my problem area
    https://www.marcypro.com/Marcy-150lb-Stack-Home-Gym-MWM-4965

Looks good... You going to have fun. :)
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Rwood566

falling back into a bad habit today. We have several days of leftovers and I'm the only one who normally eats them. I'm tired of them. I wanted a salad for lunch but had to move leftovers out of the way. I grabbed a couple of them and heated them up to get rid of them my normal way...eating. I ate one and started on the other despite telling myself not to. I repeated my no after each bite. I finally got it away from my mouth after half was gone and dumped it.

That combined with aching body and breathing problems has made my day a bad one so far. I couldn't walk so I washed my car slowly. Cost more than normal but oh well.

At least your down 2.2 pounds... So that's great no?? :)
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    I'm Alive!!!

Leg day has come and went... And for a few moments there, I thought it might... MIGHT... Might just be the end of me. 😬😳😵😓😆😄😅😀😁 (that's the blow by blow).

I 100% over estimated what I would be able to deadlift with the Hex bar. If I stuck with my original plan and only added an additional 25 pounds per side, I would of been okay.. BUT NOOOOooooo. 😂 lol

Warm up 160 x 10

Shooting for 3 sets of 6-10 reps

Set 1 = 230 pounds x 2 (That's right just 2, and that second one was Tough as nails)
    Set 2 = 210 pounds x 6 Just got the minimum range, and so gassed.
    Set 3 = 210 pounds x 5 Ran out of steam.
    Set 4 = 210 pounds x 6 Was super determined, that last rep moved literally in slow motion. But I did it, and I feel great. 😎😀

Bad news, is my bad knee was really not liking it... And it made me worried as I gave it all I got. From now on at least during squats, I must strap on that knee brace. Safety first. 👨‍⚕️

All in all, sure I thought it would be easier.... I was wrong, and it was damn tough, but I worked through it and pulled some desperation reps out of my *kitten*. So, in the end It's a HUGE WIN. 😆🤗

Going into tonight, with the changes up front, I was pretty sure that my Leg Extensions and Leg Curls would all suffer in light of the heavy deadlifting. This turned out not to be the case. I did great with leg extensions, and a little better with leg curls... Lateral leg raises were okay, but I'm not convinced it's really helping, it feels more like a cardio exercise to me. lol

Shrugs were strong, full 2 sets of 15 reps with a nice hold at the top @ 160 pounds... And My grip throughout Deadlifts and Squats was never in question, as it was the last time. Going up 20 pounds next week.

In an effort to speed the exercise up, I opted to continue to do Calf rases immediately after Shrugs with no rest. I basically hold the top of my Cage and pushdown with my arms as I have my toes on the bottom frame and calf raise up. No loss off balance this way, and it's faster than switching weights on the hex bar. 14 and 15 were painful, so it's working. 🙂

And how many calories did I burn? According to Fitbit.... Quite a bit? Can this be even remotely, correct? 🤔😋 The sweat would suggest yes.

To Celebrate, I ate an extra slice of cheese with my burger and had Ice Cream for desert.... Yeah, that's right, and I'm not feeling guilty about it at all. 😎

And that my friends was leg day... Now I don't need to do crap all weekend, cept shopping, cooking more bread, doing the monthly financials for the entire family, entertain the granddaughter for a sleep over saturday (but that's just fun)... Well yeah, it's another busy weekend as usual.

Have a great weekend everyone! 🤗🤗🤗

cf1x49k0x5ts.png
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 80oz
    Steps 9036

6/24
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 9900

It's been a whirlwind of a couple days with company showing up to stay. My husband's sister and her boyfriend and 2 kids who are 2 and 6. The kids all had a blast together of course. We did summer camp, I watched 3 of the 4 kids while they went to a baseball game, we went to the zoo, made tasty food and they left for another house this morning. Now my weekend will be filled with my kids and my neices instead haha. My parents and my sister in laws' parents are all on vacation (not together) so I'm the only babysitter left. I think they will be here for the next 5 days, and should be here in about 15 minutes!

Phenomenal two days of SMASHING all of your daily goals 👏🏻👏🏻 Now, that's one busy house you have there! I think you are the new sleep away camp 😆 Well, we know you are definitely going to get your steps in with all of those littles around 🤣 🤗

Steps 6/24: 20,368

Another HUGE step day, wouldn't expect anything less 🤩

@Megan steps:
    You have some terrific goals and NSVs (Non-Scale Victories) 🤩 Number 1- is a biggie, tracking and tracking honestly. I used to guess what a tablespoon of peanut butter was (apparently it was closer to three tablespoons when I measured it 😲. Love that you are walking the pup every day, great for pup and you. Loved even more that you kept walking to hit your step goal. Stopping eating when you're full is a tough mental one AND you did it!!! Yes, no giving up or giving in- feel free to vent here, we are here for you 🤗 Cheers to 175 and here's to another 175 (and then some). I'm glad that you're reading and being inspired by the posts, I am too. This team has helped put me in a more positive and forgiving mindset (instead of all or nothing). YES! You are on your path, kicking boo-tay all the way to your goal 🤗

Rwood566

Wow!! Congrats on your loss Roger 👏🏻👏🏻 Oh yes, not wanting to trash the leftovers- I actually used to feel guilty. Now to combat those feelings, I try to make only enough for that one meal and we don't bring any leftover heavy calorie foods home. Well done on trashing it, even after half was gone, you still trashed it 👏🏻👏🏻. You had an enormous amount of steps yesterday. I'm sorry to hear about the pains and breathing problems today. Very impressive to wash your car even with the way you were feeling. 🤩

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    lcfa5317
    PW = 189.2
    CW= 188.1

I missed my Monday check in date. I was on vacation & not paying attention to my phone. Which was actually a good thing. I biked, hiked , and kayaked. Loving this summer! I think everyone appreciates being able to socialize again.

Congrats on your loss 👏🏻👏🏻 Now that's a calorie burning vacation- biking, hiking and kayaking 🤩

I got rid of my old "total gym" Put it out front and within 20 minutes it was gone ... my neighbors wife wanted it ...I just ordered my home gym.... I upgraded it since it was the only one that had an ab attachment ..that has always been my problem area

Love that you paid-it-forward 🤩 When does the new one arrive?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day-Friday
    LTD 41.5

Awesome loss! Getting a new home gym is so exciting.

Steps 17,637

That’s a lot of steps! Great job!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 80oz
    Steps 9036

6/24
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 9900

It's been a whirlwind of a couple days with company showing up to stay. My husband's sister and her boyfriend and 2 kids who are 2 and 6. The kids all had a blast together of course. We did summer camp, I watched 3 of the 4 kids while they went to a baseball game, we went to the zoo, made tasty food and they left for another house this morning. Now my weekend will be filled with my kids and my neices instead haha. My parents and my sister in laws' parents are all on vacation (not together) so I'm the only babysitter left. I think they will be here for the next 5 days, and should be here in about 15 minutes!

Well done on your goals. No matter how busy you are you always meet your goals. That’s dedication.

I love your list. Also, a good thing to remind ourselves is where we would be if we gave up,

Rwood566

Great loss! At least you stopped and threw it out before you ate it all. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Do you have asthma?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    lcfa5317
    PW = 189.2
    CW= 188.1

I missed my Monday check in date. I was on vacation & not paying attention to my phone. Which was actually a good thing. I biked, hiked , and kayaked. Loving this summer! I think everyone appreciates being able to socialize again.

Nice loss! Lots of activity. We are a bit behind you here in Canada in terms of opening but I think even the smallest things we can do is like a million bucks.

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    I'm Alive!!!

Leg day has come and went... And for a few moments there, I thought it might... MIGHT... Might just be the end of me. 😬😳😵😓😆😄😅😀😁 (that's the blow by blow).

I 100% over estimated what I would be able to deadlift with the Hex bar. If I stuck with my original plan and only added an additional 25 pounds per side, I would of been okay.. BUT NOOOOooooo. 😂 lol

Warm up 160 x 10

Shooting for 3 sets of 6-10 reps

Set 1 = 230 pounds x 2 (That's right just 2, and that second one was Tough as nails)
    Set 2 = 210 pounds x 6 Just got the minimum range, and so gassed.
    Set 3 = 210 pounds x 5 Ran out of steam.
    Set 4 = 210 pounds x 6 Was super determined, that last rep moved literally in slow motion. But I did it, and I feel great. 😎😀

Bad news, is my bad knee was really not liking it... And it made me worried as I gave it all I got. From now on at least during squats, I must strap on that knee brace. Safety first. 👨‍⚕️

All in all, sure I thought it would be easier.... I was wrong, and it was damn tough, but I worked through it and pulled some desperation reps out of my *kitten*. So, in the end It's a HUGE WIN. 😆🤗

Going into tonight, with the changes up front, I was pretty sure that my Leg Extensions and Leg Curls would all suffer in light of the heavy deadlifting. This turned out not to be the case. I did great with leg extensions, and a little better with leg curls... Lateral leg raises were okay, but I'm not convinced it's really helping, it feels more like a cardio exercise to me. lol

Shrugs were strong, full 2 sets of 15 reps with a nice hold at the top @ 160 pounds... And My grip throughout Deadlifts and Squats was never in question, as it was the last time. Going up 20 pounds next week.

In an effort to speed the exercise up, I opted to continue to do Calf rases immediately after Shrugs with no rest. I basically hold the top of my Cage and pushdown with my arms as I have my toes on the bottom frame and calf raise up. No loss off balance this way, and it's faster than switching weights on the hex bar. 14 and 15 were painful, so it's working. 🙂

And how many calories did I burn? According to Fitbit.... Quite a bit? Can this be even remotely, correct? 🤔😋 The sweat would suggest yes.

To Celebrate, I ate an extra slice of cheese with my burger and had Ice Cream for desert.... Yeah, that's right, and I'm not feeling guilty about it at all. 😎

And that my friends was leg day... Now I don't need to do crap all weekend, cept shopping, cooking more bread, doing the monthly financials for the entire family, entertain the granddaughter for a sleep over saturday (but that's just fun)... Well yeah, it's another busy weekend as usual.

Have a great weekend everyone! 🤗🤗🤗

My muscles are aching just reading this. Taking care of our knees is so important. Wearing the brace sounds like a good idea. Fake knees are ok but the are just not the same. With the burn you had a little extra is your reward.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

WOW...thats an incredible overall workout!!! I can't wait to see your results!!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day-Friday
    LTD 41.5

CONGRATULATIONS....😊
This discussion has been closed.