Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    So I am eating out of the freezer currently to make space for quick meals (both store bought and ones I make myself). Thus, my dinners of late revolve around that.

Last night was veggie fried rice (mixed vegetables from the freezer) and coconut shrimp (also from the freezer). It was good, though I under seasoned the rice. So tonight when I go to reheat, I will do so in a pan and add more coconut aminos and sesame oil.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Southern baked chicken and potato salad tonight
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We had country sausage patties, cottage cheese, baked potatoes, and salads….coffee and biscotti for dessert…..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    smartpop 98% fat free quote unquote popcorn 55g so far (I won't discount the TWO unpopped kernels--that was a fantastic pop!)

unknown dinner.

Hot.

But will be in aircon later.... and cold.... yikes.
  • PAV8888
    I just spotted this ESPECIALLY for CONNIE on a deficit break!
    (yeah, right!)
    :lol:

Well... for the rest of us maybe?! :innocent:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836566/eggplant-noodles-are-pretty-legit#latest
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I just spotted this ESPECIALLY for CONNIE on a deficit break!
    (yeah, right!)
    :lol:

Well... for the rest of us maybe?! :innocent:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836566/eggplant-noodles-are-pretty-legit#latest

I am not turning a gorgeous perfectly shaped eggplant into noodles!….I did buy a beautiful glossy eggplant this morning at the produce market and I am thinking about what to do with it!….I am thinking::::::…slicing and pressing with paper towels to remove moisture,brushing or spritzing with olive oil, crisping in air fryer and then topping with pizza sauce, mozzerella and diced onions…what do you think?

• PAV8888
    Spray, I think, uses less than a brush.

Would watch the quantity of pizza sauce give that it will probably not absorb into the eggplant like it would with dough

I think it will be fabulous when finished!

I still think that serving it under an egg would work great too.

Same as a portobella!

Due to personal history, I tend to think that egg-plant goes well with feta cheese and meat... and yogurt... that's yogurt definitely yogurt and not bechamel sauce! :innocent:
  • glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    I made the skinnytaste chicken broccoli and noodle casserole. 350 cals and was so good!
  • Janatki
    Tonight is chunky cod with that pesto and breadcrumbs on top! Not sure about lunch yet …. Got some butternut squash and stinky blue cheese that is getting stinkier by the day… maybe roasted butternut with English blue Stilton … indoors instead of out as rainy and cool here today! 🚴🏼‍♂️
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I made the skinnytaste chicken broccoli and noodle casserole. 350 cals and was so good!

I love Skinnytaste meals. I have all the cookbooks and way too many of the online recipes saved. What I love about them is that while they are calorie controlled, they don't demonize any sort of food.

Last night was the last of the veggie fried rice and coconut shrimp. Tonight is a brand new to me experience. I am making Gungjung Tteokbokki which is a Korean rice cake dish. It has rice cakes (obviously), lots of veggies, and a sweet/savory sauce. Usually Tteokbokki is made with a spicy sauce, but I wasn't feeling that plus I wanted some veggies in there.
  • Janatki
    No cod yesterday… had pork sausages and mash with onion gravy instead!
    Chicken tonight! Not sure what with yet!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Lunch today is chicken patty sandwiches with optional hot cheese slices and turkey bacon. I'll have mine with a little lettuce and a smear of BBQ. And there are some leftover cherry halves that are going to be my dessert.

Dinner tonight is curried lamb meatballs, saag, rice, and naan.
  • PAV8888
    Lunch today is chicken patty sandwiches with optional hot cheese slices and turkey bacon. I'll have mine with a little lettuce and a smear of BBQ. And there are some leftover cherry halves that are going to be my dessert. Dinner tonight is curried lamb meatballs, saag, rice, and naan.

Beats my day so far!
    Started with sausage egg mcmuffin no butter add 3x slivered onion add egg (550 Cal).
    Followed by blueberry rx bar (210) when I got back home.
    And a cliff peanut butter banana bar (250) a few minute ago... which takes us to 14:10!
    ,.. with unknown dinner to come
    .... and we are at the start of a heat wave that is flirting with 100 year high temperatures and is expected to last till Wednesday!

• conniewilkins56
    Went to Sonny’s BBQ for lunch where I controlled myself!….came home and dinner tonight is salad, ear of corn and a small baked potato….coffee and fiber bars, yogurt and chocolate hummus with fruit!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    I grilled chicken thighs, half with a light balsamic marinade, half with a spice blend. Side salad with fixings to start, green beans sauteed with mushrooms and onions to go with the chicken. I also had two vodka/gatorade zero lemon drinks, and a fun size 100 grand bar.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Lunch today is chicken patty sandwiches with optional hot cheese slices and turkey bacon. I'll have mine with a little lettuce and a smear of BBQ. And there are some leftover cherry halves that are going to be my dessert. Dinner tonight is curried lamb meatballs, saag, rice, and naan.

Beats my day so far!
    Started with sausage egg mcmuffin no butter add 3x slivered onion add egg (550 Cal).
    Followed by blueberry rx bar (210) when I got back home.
    And a cliff peanut butter banana bar (250) a few minute ago... which takes us to 14:10!
    ,.. with unknown dinner to come
    .... and we are at the start of a heat wave that is flirting with 100 year high temperatures and is expected to last till Wednesday!

Ooh. I could totally do an egg McMuffin with no butter and extra egg and canadian bacon! Never thought of that before.

370 calories, 31 carbs, 17 fat, 26 protein!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited June 2021
    My daily breakfast is a very well toasted English muffin with butter and either jam of some sort or cinnamon sugar. I can't eat much in the morning and haven't been able to for years. If I have the need, I'll add a cup of yogurt later in the morning to bolster me before lunch.

Lunch today will be walking burritos, which have all the sour cream and such inside, and then we're having a quichecake for dinner with orange-pecan sweet bread and sliced fruit salad (banana/strawberry/sweet cherry)
  • PAV8888
    Looks like downstairs will have the BBQ on and I'm not avoiding it no matter what!!!

Because

I got them good earlier 😛 by buying a whole bunch of BBQ utensils and such for them and some groceries and ice cream for the kids and a couple of bags of treats for them to give to Skylar instead of whole bagels which I spotted once!!!!! and I "forgot" to take with me some cookies and chocolates I opened for the kids to "try" 😹😹😹