Share Your Day

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    From now on I am scheduling a vacation during vacation season because you know what happens... you end up covering for everyone else while they are having fun. Not to mention I am still behind on everything I need to do for work and home. I am almost done with my spring checklist though... and yes I know it is summer... the heat is why I do these things in the SPRING.

Spring?!?!?! Checks Canada Day / July 4 calendar and fast approaching fall back time zone dates... scratches head :confused:
  • PAV8888
    You gardening people!

That's why they've invented JARS <-- to put unruly cucumbers in after they've landed in a pickle!!!!!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    eliezalot wrote: »
    We just got back home (mid-atlantic) last night. Woke up today to 91 degrees at 10 am, with 65% humidity. High of 98 tomorrow. Pretty sure I won't be leaving the house! My thick Minnesotan blood just cannot handle it.

I have been getting up early, staying up late, and napping for about four hours in the middle of the afternoon. That's the only way I'm getting any housework done, doing it when it's cool.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I have not forgotten about our LL zoom meeting. Originally I was planning on a weekend but somehow my weekends evaporate even faster than my weekdays lately or when one has a moment of peace I need the actual downtime. Now I am starting to lean towards a Mon or Tues evening if that will work for enough people.
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2021
    @#$&amp;$ **kitten** screening!

Apparently Vancouver no longer has imaging screening as optional. Nope, everyone gets whatever-rayed with secondary pat down if needed.

Because of an unrelated issue (powetool in carry-on which semi legitimately had to be checked) I went through screening twice through both entrances.

Both alarming and requiring secondary pat downs because.... drum roll (roll being important here): my nice mostly empty right hand bottom of tummy skin roll and nicely folding fat.... alarmed / cautioned on both machines! Nice and yellow! :angry: :rage:

At least I now fit nicely in my sardine spot!
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2021
    Seriously yyc? Starbucks gate c was open these past 16 months and is NOW closed for construction?

All four in terminal Tim Horton's are closed?

Enjoying my $8.99 sneider snackables available at your grocery store for 1.99 to 2.99 and 6.99 Coke Zero plus regular snickers bar combo. Not sure it's working on my not being hangry!!! :rage:

Oh, well there's nicely frozen stuff at dad's, just a couple of hours and a bit away.... and I might still have a good 1000 Cal available 👍😇
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Don't they know who you are?!!!! You are our PAV8888 and they better be treating you right.
  • PAV8888
    Don't they know who you are?!!!! You are our PAV8888 and they better be treating you right.

Well they sure wanted to place their paws all over me and examine my "rolls" carefully! I actually flopped the belly one for him when the guy said what's this and pointed!!! To his defence, it did look like a melted droopy muffin top destined for the seconds rack was trying to escape from inside my shirt! I knew there was a reason why I've never looked into skin fold measurements! 🤣😹
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Huh. Out of the blue, there's a knock on my door, and it's Eldest Son. (26 years old) He has just got a job in his field (welding) in a small satellite town of our major city. He currently lives two counties to the north; the town he will be working in is one county south. If he stays with me during the work week, his commute is 45 minutes; if he continues living with my mother, it's an hour and a half. Soooo yeah. He'll probably be living here part-time by next Sunday, since he starts work Monday.

I have my sewing room area to pack up, and several other things, so that he'll have room for his desk. I'd go up and do it now, but Boyfriend lay down in that room, and so I can't do anything in there.

Congats to him on the new job! But oof what a surprise. I'm sure it will be lovely to have him around, but what a disruption to your usual routine. I hope that works out for you all with as minimal stress as possible!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    @eliezalot I have a mom like that too ❤️ We're very lucky!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Ugh... this weekend was horrible for the diet. I gave myself permission Sunday to enjoy myself and eat at maintenance since I was going to a friends house for a cookout and she was making sure I could have everything even with my medical issues. So I didn't want to restrict. I did fine on Sunday, didn't binge or anything, even had half my plate full of grilled veggies to go with a small serving of potato salad and a single sausage.

But it is like giving myself that permission for one day just threw the doors open wide and I went wild. Monday I was under, but I ate just about every exercise calorie available to me. Yesterday (Tuesday)... well I didn't even log but it included a slice of Costco pizza for lunch and a dinner of a friend chicken sandwich, cheese fries, and a chocolate shake.

Deep breaths. Okay. We can get over this and get back on track.

I do think I am going to change my red meat 1x a month rule to up to 2x a month so that I don't get such horrible cravings for it. Been getting grass fed lean beef from a local farmer when I do eat it, so at least there is that. Also lowering my daily saturated fat limit and will use that as a goal more then restricting specific items. This will all start next week (since I already have my meal plan for this week and can't afford to go get all new groceries lol).

Still working hard in the back bedroom with cleaning (thus the cleaning logs for exercise). That room became a storage unit for boxes and just so much stuff. So I am clearing it out, boxing up what I am keeping (since I am most likely moving next spring), throwing away a bunch of junk, and donating even more stuff I simply do not need/want. When I moved here it was after my mom passed away and I wasn't able to let go of a lot of stuff. Then my dad died a few years ago and I brought some of his stuff back here as well. Now I am finally ready to let go. Not of everything of course (my dad had some cool stuff that fits my decor lol), but of a lot of it. I have my memories... I don't need all the stuff.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    @Athijade Deep breaths. You can get over this and back on track! THis is going to be a tough week though. Those parent treasures. I have them too. A little less every year. Every little thing that I manage to let go is a challenge but it feels like so much weight off my shoulders once the decision is made. And yes - it is all still here in my mind to recall with love whenever I want. I'm not forgetting any of it anytime soon - and when I do? I guess that is okay too because you can't pine for what you can't remember.

I really liked reading "I have my memories...I don't need all the stuff" - I'm going to hold onto that thought when I need it.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Athijade wrote: »
    ....I do think I am going to change my red meat 1x a month rule to up to 2x a month so that I don't get such horrible cravings for it. Been getting grass fed lean beef from a local farmer when I do eat it, so at least there is that. Also lowering my daily saturated fat limit and will use that as a goal more then restricting specific items. This will all start next week (since I already have my meal plan for this week and can't afford to go get all new groceries lol).

This is what I have been doing as well. I am a very numbers/data driven person. I know I'm technically eating healthier for me if I have red meat 1-2 a month, and lots of fruits and veggies every day. But I like being able to see the actual numbers and to learn from them. As long as it fits, I can have it. And there are plenty of days I am under my goal, which means the occasional day over is still okay and balances out.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Very happy to welcome you back…I have missed your posts….I know you can do this because you have before!…I have been struggling a lot but really want to get back on track…we can do this!