• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    ✅Steps 8,270
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅8/8 hourly reminders

No pool as it was closed and my granddaughter was so disappointed. Went to a couple of stores. Lots of pain but this week is all about my granddaughter. Beach soon! Already went for a quick walk.

Happy Tuesday!

8,270 STEPS🎉👏🏻👏🏻🎉 You sped past 6,500💨 and 7,000 💨and 7,500 💨and 8,000 💨💨👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Love seeing all of that green!! I'm sorry to hear that you're in a lot of pain, that was a tremendous amount of walking. I hope your granddaughter enjoys the beach and the few days of packed in summer.

@littleflutterby
    I'm so sorry to hear about your knee 🤗 Hopefully, it's something that will heal quickly. It's very impressive that you still went swimming, with the pain- good to hear that the swim didn't aggravate your knee. I hope you have a lovely time at dinner with friends celebrating Gael's birthday.

@888Angie888
    Way to get in steps!!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone .... I just got back from a 7.21 mile walk ..wasn't planning on being out there for 3 hours but I guess I am making up for it by not being out there on Saturday ...my gym is suppose to be here by 7pm tonight ..I am excited but I have no idea how to put it together so I might have to wait for another 2 or 3 weeks so my roommate can put it together (he drives a truck ) at least I have walking and my pool :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Tuesday weigh in!
    Littleflutterby

PW- 284.6
    CW- 286.0

+1.4lb

LTD- 89lb

I AM SO CHEESED. lol.

So on Sunday, I was at work, minding my own business, and then suddenly my knee started to give me trouble- it felt like it was hyperextending. Then a few minutes later, I felt a "pop" and I suddenly couldn't walk! I went home early and hobbled to the ER yesterday (because they closed down the local urgent care which is stupid but ok)

Nothing broken thank goodness- but I may have torn my meniscus. I have an appointment at the fracture clinic in an hour to look into physio.

I am really disappointed because I had all of this exercise planned for the next month to get myself up and moving. And honestly, I am going crazy not dancing again haha. I did a bit whilst sitting down last night but it just wasn't the same.

Today, though, I went swimming. I took it easy and managed half an hour- about 30 lengths of the pool (I kinda lost count) But that works out at about 600m so that's a good start. I am down to go every day up to Saturday (weather permitting) and it's a good way to exercise without aggravating my knee. Except for that, lots of ice, elevation, and I have one of Gael's canes to walk around with. Hopefully I'll be able to return to work next Monday.

The gain is probably down to the swelling in the knee- plus my body just being a pain. I was really hopeful about a loss this week but that's just the way it is I guess :(

So my steps will be minimal this week compared to the last few, but I'm going to try and do some chair exercises or whatever to keep moving.

Steps so far this week

4/7- 6896
    5/7- 7014

considering i'm an invalid today, it's not even noon and I'm at 2500 + however many steps i get from swimming :)

Have a good day all- today is Gael's birthday, so after my appointments and stuff, we are going to have dinner at a friend's place. Thank goodness ontario is opening up a bit so I can spend some time inside with my vaccinated friends, woohoo!! :D

That really sucks to hear.... I'm hoping it turns out to be nothing. Knee issues are such a bugger. Mine hasn't been right in 10 years. Good luck with everything!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    I am so sorry about your knee. I agree with Jonathan knee issues are a pain in the butt! Hopefully with physio you can get some relief. Happy Birthday to Gael. Enjoy your dinner tonight.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome walk! I am sure with your determination you will have it put together long before your roommate gets home.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Back from the beach! We were there for 4 hours and I spent 3 of those in the water with my grandkids. I am tired, sunburned and I wish I could wave a magic wand so supper was cooked. It was an awesome day! @Megan_smartiepants1970 can you convert the time in the lake to steps? It wasn’t lap swimming but constantly moving in the water.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Back from the beach! We were there for 4 hours and I spent 3 of those in the water with my grandkids. I am tired, sunburned and I wish I could wave a magic wand so supper was cooked. It was an awesome day! @Megan_smartiepants1970 can you convert the time in the lake to steps? It wasn’t lap swimming but constantly moving in the water.

I have leisure (133), moderate effort (174), treading water(49) and vigorous effort (222) under swimming on the converter chart
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    I am so sorry about your knee. I agree with Jonathan knee issues are a pain in the butt! Hopefully with physio you can get some relief. Happy Birthday to Gael. Enjoy your dinner tonight.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome walk! I am sure with your determination you will have it put together long before your roommate gets home.

Thanks ....I am unable to lift the 3 boxes it came in ...so I will wait for my roommate to come home in 2 or 3 weeks ..the UPS driver put them in my garage for now
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 14,331

Got in a little walk and some relaxation after all the parties. Weird weather couldn’t decided what it wanted to do.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Good evening to all. Back to normal life after the parties.

@lindamtuck2018 I'm glad you had a fun time at the beach. I live that you are making all these memories for your grand daughter before her surgery.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 3 hour walk. I have ran out of adjectives to describe you. Since you are waiting for your roommate you can move as much as possible piece by piece. That will be a good workout.

@littleflutterby so sorry about your knee. It sounds weird that it took a while to happen. I hope it isn't to bad. Glad you can swim now. Happy birthday to Gael.

@Poobah1972 excellent job on the hill. You are improving rapidly. Time to start walking around town yet?

Thank you for the anniversary comments. My wife doesn't remember the date so it was a nice surprise. I wanted to do it last year but ... you all know. Unfortunately the food was bad.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MSWARRIOR7088
    Weigh in Day: Monday (was out of town)
    PW: 195.8
    CW: 196.8

Gained +1 pound....not to terrible for a weekend of bad decisions!!!

Moving forward

Steps: 4,204
    Didn't meet my water goal

Will try again tomorrow 😊
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 7/6:
    Steps - 8006. 2 1/2 hours at sea World. Back was hurting most of the time. No shows since I don't think I could have sat thru them.
    Calories - about 1700, I figure. Amusement park food is hard to figure. Drank 100 plus oz water.
    Exercise - just sea World. Lots of steps, high pulse for a long time.

A lot of medical coming up. Hope they point to some answers.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JULY WEEK 1 TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:

1st @amymartin555 187,136 steps
    2nd @TheresaM787 126,800 steps
    3rd @Megan_smartiepants1970 121,957 steps
    4th @888Angie888 110,073 steps
    5th @rlaskey2 73,906 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES :):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,193,043 steps
    CONGRATS EVERYONE :):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:

Linda 6/7
    Megan 6/7
    Tanya 6/7
    Piqueaboo- 2/7
    Angie- 6/7
    Theresa- 7/7
    iradi8- 2/7
    rlaskey2- 4/7
    Tazaria87- 5/7
    Z1ORtza- 1/7
    Red1185- 5/7
    rwood566- 6/7
    lmf1012-5/7
    Beverly2Hansen- 4/7
    AmyMartin555- 7/7
    MSWARRIOR7028- 5/7

WELL DONE EVERYONE :smile: :):)

• Poobah1972
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @Poobah1972 excellent job on the hill. You are improving rapidly. Time to start walking around town yet?

A lot of medical coming up. Hope they point to some answers.

No, not yet. One day though. Our little community in which I live is next to river, and naturally that puts us in low man's territory. So if you leave the community, you are faced with an extremely steep hill to the north (the kind of hill car's don't always make it up in the winter), and to the south there is another very long hill (but not as steep). And to add salt to the wound, the streets are very long and so even the shortest block i could choose would likely put me well over the 30 minute time allotment I have in the morning. But I figure I'm getting close. I guess the good news is if I can make it to the top of the hill, all the way back home is downhill? lol

I'm also excited about a third potential source of cardio.. (see rest of this post... lol)

Good luck on the medical stuff!

Good morning Campers!!! 🤗

It's Wednesday! I'll try to keep it short this morning.

Mr. Egg Banjo has reignited an itch me and Lynn were considering a month back... And he's made me realize it would be a rather simple endeavour to add a Heavy Bag to the exercise room as a potential 3rd cardio exercise. So, I've did some checking, and I could easily hang one right off the center of the pull up bar on my Power Rack. Just hang it when I use it, and put it away when I'm done. If we really like it, I could take it a step further and make a bracket that utilizes the same bolt holes as the pullup bar to hang the sucker a good 18" to 24" out front and center of the power rack so we can dance to the left and right, while aimlessly kicking and throwing hay makers? lol But for now hanging it off the pull up bar is fine. hehe 🤓😁😋 This isn't happening right away though... Money. Must make more money. lol

Which brings me to the Ironmaster 120lb dumbbell expansion kit. Remember a few weeks back I mentioned I managed to track down a Brand-new Kit at a Canadian dealer.. (one which didn't happen to have an online store). Well after 2 weeks of emails and feet dragging, they finally shipped the suckers to me, I might even have them today. After it was all said and done, they even gave me a deal at 375 Canadian. Considering they sell in the states for 349.99. That's a bargain. 😄 This means I can take my Dumbbells from 90lbs with the heavy handle kit all the way up to 135 pounds each. Throw on a few 2.5-pound plate mates, and I can hit 140lb each. INSANE!!!! I'll get there, eventually. lol Do keep in mind I just need to get past 90lb to actually need this kit, and that's coming sooner than you might think. 😁

Oh, almost forgot, Lynn ended up pulling the trigger on those 50lb NÜOBELL Adjustable Dumbbells on the weekend. The They emailed us an additional $50 dollars off coupon on top of the July weekend $100 dollars off, for a total of $150 off. So being good Consumers we MoooooooOOOoooeed I mean purchase it right away. Unfortunately, they are the regular black variety. Red wasn't in stock.

As for cardio this morning, I killed it on the Elliptical, or the Elliptical almost killed me... Ummmm Probably both, if that makes sense? As human beings we surely must be mad right? Heart rate monitor looked like it was bang on this morning for the most part. I hit 1.6 miles with a whole minute left. So that's definitely a PR. WOOT 😆😃👍

And my Shoulder actually feels quite a bit better this morning. Hopefully better enough to not cause any significant troubles with this evening's workout. Chest/Triceps and Shoulders. 👍😎

And that's that for this morning.

Take care my friends!!! Don't forget to squeeze the Charmin! 😋 🤓🤗🤗🤗🥳😄🤠💪👍😎

rhuf3vcjae6w.png
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    One more thing.... I hit a new low for resting heart rate this morning. According to Fitbit my resting heartrate is 70 today. :smiley:
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone .... I just got back from a 7.21 mile walk ..wasn't planning on being out there for 3 hours but I guess I am making up for it by not being out there on Saturday ...my gym is suppose to be here by 7pm tonight ..I am excited but I have no idea how to put it together so I might have to wait for another 2 or 3 weeks so my roommate can put it together (he drives a truck ) at least I have walking and my pool :)

Seriously?? 7.21 miles/3 hours!! AND you weren't planning on it 😆 You are a walking machine Megan👏🏻👏🏻 I'm so excited for you to start using your home gym, although again, I don't know when you are going to find the time with your 3 hours walks and 2 hour swims and 2 hour meal preps 😆 You're A-MAZING🤩

Love those beach days!! Wow, three hours in the water, I'd be wiped. Sorry to hear about the sunburn. Yes, I know what you mean about waving the magic wand and having dinner on the table. I need to prepare a casserole so that I can have something to pop in for those days, if it ever stops raining here.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 14,331

Got in a little walk and some relaxation after all the parties. Weird weather couldn’t decided what it wanted to do.

Very nice walk, doesn't sound too little in my book. Yes, the weather was the same here.

@rwood566
    That's so sweet that you remembered. I'm sorry to hear that the food wasn't good, that's terrible when that happens. A restaurant should only serve incredibly delicious food, or it should make way for a restaurant that will. Move over Gordon Ramsey.

👏🏻👏🏻Well done all of you super high steppers!!👏🏻👏🏻
    @amymartin555 187,136 steps
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 121,957 steps
    @888Angie888 110,073 steps
    @rlaskey2 73,906 steps

Way to go to everyone who pledged and gave their steps to Megan👏🏻👏🏻 You are doing amazing!!

@Poobah1972
    Congrats on reaching 1.6 miles on the elliptical👏🏻👏🏻 You're making some serious strides over there!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    My 7/6 steps was 11,300. We wound up watching a movie with the kids last night and I completely forgot to post.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good morning, just checking in. Just another day. Work, eat, walk. lol

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/6 steps 10,859

This discussion has been closed.