Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    7/1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 11145
    Exercise 30min elliptical

Oh man that elliptical is a workout! It obviously hits different muscles than walking cuz the outer part of my thigh into my booty is sore! I made it 30mins and was sweating so much more than the treadmill haha. It also gave me more steps than I was expecting. I figured it would be lower steps than walking but 30mins gave me almost 5000 steps.
    Today I'm doing a bit of grocery shopping and I need to buy fireworks later when my dad gets off work. Tomorrow we get to use a friend's pool so I'm super excited about that. The kids don't have swim lessons this week because of the holiday so I'm going to try and work on what they've been learning.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options

Megan_smartiepants1970 wrote: »
    Phew I got all my grocery shopping done early so I can meal prep .... low carb chicken cordon bleu casserole , eggplant parmesan with homemade garlic basil marinara sauce .....spaghetti carbonara .....butternut squash ravoli's ...lettuce wraps ...egg drop soup ...etc etc etc :)

Now I am drooling! I am looking up the recipes to some of these meals to maybe try this week. Yummy!

Most of my recipes come from www.wholesomeyum.com ...yes they are keto but for non keto'ers you can adjust accordingly ...the spaghetti carbonara is suppose to be spaghetti squash carbonara ....if you want any recipes just let me know ..I will be happy to share :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    bittersweet nsv. my 32 year old daughter hugged me yesterday. then she said she needed to write a facebook post saying that for the first time in her life she hugged me and was able to go all the way around. while that says a lot for my weight loss, it also says a lot about my extended time being very obese. on my walk today i kept thinking about that and how much time i took from my family because of it.

That is such a sweet NSV! Don’t look at the time you took away from your family but the added time you are giving them by losing the weight.
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    7/1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 11145
    Exercise 30min elliptical

Oh man that elliptical is a workout! It obviously hits different muscles than walking cuz the outer part of my thigh into my booty is sore! I made it 30mins and was sweating so much more than the treadmill haha. It also gave me more steps than I was expecting. I figured it would be lower steps than walking but 30mins gave me almost 5000 steps.
    Today I'm doing a bit of grocery shopping and I need to buy fireworks later when my dad gets off work. Tomorrow we get to use a friend's pool so I'm super excited about that. The kids don't have swim lessons this week because of the holiday so I'm going to try and work on what they've been learning.

Way to go! You put that elliptical to work right away. I just got back from swimming with my granddaughter. It is so much fun swimming with them when they are young. I taught both my grandkids how to swim so I am sure you will have lots of fun helping them to work on their skills.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970 wrote: »
    Phew I got all my grocery shopping done early so I can meal prep .... low carb chicken cordon bleu casserole , eggplant parmesan with homemade garlic basil marinara sauce .....spaghetti carbonara .....butternut squash ravoli's ...lettuce wraps ...egg drop soup ...etc etc etc :)

Now I am drooling! I am looking up the recipes to some of these meals to maybe try this week. Yummy!

Most of my recipes come from www.wholesomeyum.com ...yes they are keto but for non keto'ers you can adjust accordingly ...the spaghetti carbonara is suppose to be spaghetti squash carbonara ....if you want any recipes just let me know ..I will be happy to share :)

I did pin a recipe for the chicken cordon blue casserole. I am going to try in a few weeks. I will let you know how it turns out.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    bittersweet nsv. my 32 year old daughter hugged me yesterday. then she said she needed to write a facebook post saying that for the first time in her life she hugged me and was able to go all the way around. while that says a lot for my weight loss, it also says a lot about my extended time being very obese. on my walk today i kept thinking about that and how much time i took from my family because of it.

I think that's Magnificent! :)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 94oz
    Steps 9044
    Exercise Mowing the yard

It's late, I'm tired haha. 5 of the last 7 days with all 4 kids in my house all day. Today might be the last day. My parents got back from vacation just a couple hours ago. Not sure if my mom will be up to watching them tomorrow or if she will be too tired from driving all day today. Yesterday I got a few thousand steps from doing laundry/housework and then went outside and did the edging and mowing.
    When my brother got back from work today he helped us get the elliptical into the basement so that was fantastic. We need to put the arm back on it and then I'm using it tonight if I can find the energy haha.

Look at those goals - five out of five 👏🏻👏🏻 Including over 9,000 steps!! Congrats getting the elliptical into the basement 😆 You've been a busy momma!

@littleflutterby
    Way to go signing up for daily swim 👏🏻👏🏻 and you being a former competitive swimmer, you know exactly what to do when you get in the pool 🤩 Fantastic Spring cleaning, cleaning out clothes that are too large and other odds and ends. Those are some impressive July goals, you got this!!

@Piqueaboo
    Nice stepping!! So many high numbers, and then you set an even higher goal! Amazing 👏🏻👏🏻

@lmf1012
    You planned and that's half the battle. Happy Hour is a hard test of our plans, and look how well you did- only an extra glass of wine 👏🏻👏🏻 I hope you celebrated how well you did🎉

@888Angie888
    Well done with your steps👏🏻👏🏻

@lindamtuck2018
    Thank you I've been trying to get my steps up and thank you for the great advice 🤗 Yes, the 250 steps each time the timer goes off, is a lot harder than I thought. In my head, it should only take about four minutes. I was only able to get it done twice today. That's a brilliant idea, only increasing my water one cup per month (instead of trying to hit my 8 cup goal and falling short almost every day).

Congrats on your loss👏🏻👏🏻

• TheresaM787
    Options
    @rwood566
    Congrats on your weekly loss AND your monthly loss👏🏻👏🏻 Thats a lot of steps, especially for walking in the apartment 😃 Way to stay low in your calorie budget - that was a huge deficit! Another terrific gym day AND walk. I'm sorry to hear about the recall, hopefully it was due to something temporary 🤗 I'm glad you shared it with your doc. Please take care Roger.

Oh my goodness, look how proud she is of you 💖 You've come a long way and she recognizes that you aren't just getting healthier for you, but for your family as well. It's beautiful seeing the love between you two.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Fantastic loss Megan👏🏻👏🏻 proof of all those Megans and swims and mini-Megans and low yummy days 🤩
    Your meals are making me hungry AND I just ate 😆 Love that you're meal prepping such delicious meals. I was supposed to meal plan today, didn't get around to it. Need to stop procrastinating. You're so good at meal planning and prepping.

@Tazaria87
    30 minutes on the elliptical for your first time! You maniac 😆 it sounds like an intense cardio burn! Wow, look at all of those steps, plus you hit the rest of your goals 👏🏻👏🏻 AMAZING!

@lindamtuck2018
    Another terrific loss 👏🏻👏🏻 yes, you are getting closer and closer to onederland 🎉🎉 I"m glad that you are doing everything you can to stay active (physio, massage, eating healthier, walking, sleeping better). YES, you are a pretty strong lady!

@Poobah1972
    That was an ENORMOUS burn today👏🏻👏🏻 You're really getting the most out of your exercise room!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles 👎 32 minutes, 8 miles
    Steps- 11,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only 6.5 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 32 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 14,600

So.... I tried using the Strides app (it's a free habit tracker) to remind me to drink a cup of water every hour from 9am-5pm. Nope. I also set up a reminder to walk 250 steps every hour. NNNope. The app did help get me to drink an extra 1.5 cups of water, so that's good. The app also gave me an extra 800 steps. I was able to do the steps 3:8 times- this was unexpected, I thought it'd be easy to spare less than five minutes each hour to getting in 250 steps. Nope.

Got my fourth and final ride in for the week, which means I can get in a longer walk tomorrow, not a Megan, hopefully a mini-Megan though 😆.

Time to close the laptop. Enjoy your night everyone.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26
    Weigh-In: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 178.8
    CW: 177
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Camping and I have crappy internet 🙃

Steps : 7,677
    Under calories
    Didn't measure water ... 🥴

I will try to do better tomorrow!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Fantastic loss Megan👏🏻👏🏻 proof of all those Megans and swims and mini-Megans and low yummy days 🤩
    Your meals are making me hungry AND I just ate 😆 Love that you're meal prepping such delicious meals. I was supposed to meal plan today, didn't get around to it. Need to stop procrastinating. You're so good at meal planning and prepping.

Thanks Theresa .... I have been slacking on meal prepping ... I usually do it on Sunday's ....did a bunch today but didn't get all done ...will probably do some tomorrow after our lonnnnnnnng walk :)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    steps (friday)- 11,508

I'm just doing some winding down things before bed, and thought I would check in real quick!!

So yeah (Linda I think it was you that asked me) it's an outdoor pool so it's all weather permitting. Tuesday and Wednesday seem a little grotty but we might luck out in the mornings- we shall see! I can always walk over there and see, it's not like I have to travel far- it's literally across the street, haha. I'm really excited :)

I still have the cleaning bug! This morning I cleared out some of the kitchen and washed the walls. Tomorrow I have made a honking list of things to do and thought i would get a head start while I was having my down time. I've brought some bags of stuff out of the spare room to organise tomorrow, and I've made my work/life/study schedule for the week, I just need to highlight it tomorrow. so, between studying, picking up my new swimming hat and goggles (can't find my old ones so I ordered some new ones) and watching England play in the Euro quarter finals, I am going to be a busy bee!

Going to try and chillax before bed now- shower first to help unwind.

Hope everyone is having a great night!! :D
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    check in for 7/2:
    steps - 10561. not even a mini megan. maybe a teeny weeny megan.
    calories - 1316. not a typo. dessert was going to be half a large donut i bought yesterday but i decided to keep it until tomorrow. daughter ate the other half this morning, so it wasn't me. lol
    exercise - 3.33 mile walk this morning. it was actually longer, but i forgot to un-pause my fitbit at one of the lights when i finally started across. it took 1 hr. 10 min to get to that point.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 grats on another weekly loss. i'm glad it's continuing.

@littleflutterby nice steps. grats on the pool. you definately know what to do when you get there...scope out the lifeguards for the cutest one and then feign drowning in front of them to get a smooch. good luck if you try that. it never worked for me or my friends. lol can you put the cleaning bug in the mail and send it here? i need to do something about the mess around here.

thank you all for the nice comments about my nsv. i know i should have looked at the positive side more but the bad thoughts just bore into my head and tossed out an anchor.

have a wonderful weekend, everyone. if you celebrate i hope you have a wonderful time and stay safe. fireworks and fatty food are dangerous. handle with care.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

Thanks for the smiles!!!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Aqualang26
    Weigh-In: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 178.8
    CW: 177

Terrific loss Laura👏🏻👏🏻

Camping and I have crappy internet 🙃

Steps : 7,677
    Under calories
    Didn't measure water ... 🥴

I will try to do better tomorrow!!

Wow! Fantastic steps and while camping with the kids🙌🏻🙌🏻. Terrific under, I know it's hard on holiday and you did it👏🏻👏🏻. Enjoy your camping trip, just do the best you can 🤗

@Poobah1972
    Love seeing those big smiles in both pictures 🤩 You have been doing so well. I'm glad you can see the change also. I'm so happy for you!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Meal prepping is a terrific way to make sure you are going to have delicious meals within your plan. I just marinate family-sized portions of chicken and steak, pop them in the freezer and then pull out a side from the fridge/freezer. Your way is so much better, just like the meal prep places that were all around (pre-pandemic). Enjoy your looooonnnnnngggg walk. My plan was to go on a mini-Megan, but I'm sitting here drinking coffee. Hoping to drain this cup and get out there soon before it gets too hot, or worse rains!

@littleflutterby
    I wish I had the cleaning bug. I make myself clean, because that's the way I was brought up. I've been trying to declutter since the world shutdown and although I've donated so much stuff, I still have a lot to go through (how did I manage to hold onto so much over the years). You are doing a fantastic job, both decluttering and cleaning, all the while getting healthier every day. You're amazing Tanya!

@rwood566
    WAY TO GO ROGER!! 10,561 steps 👏🏻👏🏻 You walked for 70 minutes AND over 3 1/4 miles🙌🏻🙌🏻 Now that's a huge mini-Megan (😆huge mini)!! 1,316 calories is super low 😇 you have serious willpower (especially against a donut).
    We all go there, for some reason, to the negative. I'm glad you shared that special moment with us, that way you can see how proud your daughter is and it wasn't meant as a knock against your past, but how much she loves you and is proud of your healthy changes🤗 You've done so phenomenally well, and you continue to keep at it each day 🤗

Thanks Roger, you just motivated me to finish draining my hot coffee and get my sneaks on. I'd love to get in a mini-Megan today, but the weather is looking like it may have other plans. Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Ahh, the call of the elliptical. What a total burn yesterday. Amazing! Nice to see your smiling face. You can really see the progress you have made.

@TheresaM787
    Fantastic day! My granddaughter uses an app called plant nanny to help her drink water. At least I think that’s what it is called. I hope you have an awesome walk today.

@Aqualang26
    Fantastic loss!

@MSWarrior7088
    Well done! A great day and you did it while on a camping trip. Hope you are having lots of fun!

@littleflutterby
    Swimming is so much fun and great exercise. Enjoy! Making a schedule is a good idea. It is something I have to start doing.

@rwood566
    Awesome steps! You may call it a mini Megan but I am going to start calling mine a Mini Roger. Don’t worry about the lower calories, I seem to have found them here in Ontario.
This discussion has been closed.