Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Another great workout day! Sounds like Lynn is very determined to get through the workouts. Forgive me if I asked all this before but how did you originally learn to do all these exercises? I am determined to figure out how to use the weights in the exercise room.

@MSWarrior7088
    Great day! You are checking off those goals. Sounds like camping will be fun. Now I want a roasted marshmallow.

@TheresaM787
    Look at those steps! You have turned in to an exercise beast. I really admire that you have increased your exercise so much. You have done this while having young kids which makes it amazing. You are a rockstar! To your question: I am going to stick with massage and physio for a few weeks. It is costly and my insurance for those type of services sucks. I will give the others a try if needed.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome swim! How many months of the year can you keep your pool open? When I think of California, I think of sun. I hope to go tomorrow. It’s a holiday today so it would probably be a wait to get in. Can I fly to California and swim with you guys? Please!

@Piqueaboo
    Awesome loss! Great goals for success! Enjoy settling into your home.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: Β»
    Hi team. My mom is still in the hospital, so I'm still reading all of the messages when I can, but don't feel up to responding. Unfortunately, she is miserable, so I don't leave her alone here. I have been sleeping in the reclining chair in her room.

The transition to new medicine is not going to work out, so she is transitioning back to the old IV medicine. Lots of side effects all week including migraines, nausea and vomiting. It is so emotionally draining to see my mom like this. She keeps holding my hand and I mean tightly holding my hand with both of hers.
    Of course, I am not thinking about food much. I haven't put any money into the snack and drink machines down the hall though:) I have been taking walks outside of her room around the floor whenever she is feeling a little better or is sleeping.

She's been in the hospital since last Wednesday, and I am so weary. I can't wait until she starts to feel better, and we can go home. I miss my dogs, my husband and my kids. The hospital is a little over an hour away from home.
    When she's out of here, I'll be back here commenting and such.

Go Team Downsizers!

Lots of hug! I hope she starts feeling better soon. Try to rest when your Mom is resting.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Happy July, everyone. Half way to Christmas. How is your wish list?

@lmf1012 nice contest. That can be a very nice party each month with the winnings. It's great to have everyone working together on it.

@Piqueaboo have a great time in the vacant city. Welcome back to the step challenge.

@iradi8 sorry about your mom's continued health. You are still working very hard. I love your will power over those machines. Hopefully you two can get home soon.

Check in for 6/30
    Steps - 4172.
    Calories - 1517. Kettle corn for dessert. Been low cal meals lately.
    Exercise - none. I will be going to the gym or a walk as soon as my daughter wakes up and decides if she wants to go.

Went shopping with daughter after finding freezer burn on our meat for dinner. Stopped at the cupcake store to look for birthday cupcakes. If I want a normal one I have to plan on 350 calories or 100 for a mini. So much for low cal cupcakes. Lol. Changed dinner from London broil to beef fajitas so a better meal there.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    Happy July!

Summer is finally here - I live in Paris, and July / August means that people are leaving the city and it becomes nice and empty. I will have the parks and swimming pools to myself :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm signing back up for the step challenge as of today! Let me know if there is anything other than steps I need to send through :)

My goals for July are
    • Start exercising regularly again (I want to do c25k again, it's such a great program)
    • Bullet journal
    • settle in more in my home - it's kinda just "meh" but has the potential to be amazing

Good luck to all my fellow Downsizers!

Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 214.4
    CW (Current Weight): 211.8

You are still on the step challenge I just have to remove the excuse.... Is your step goal still 10,000?
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Been so busy... Haven't been the best motivator. Sorry guys.

---

Great Thursday Morning Guys! 🌞

So... I'm not sure it's you guys that are the *kitten*!!! or if it's me that's the *kitten*! But some *kitten* put it in my head to hit 1.6 miles on the Elliptical this morning. Thanks a lot *kitten*(s)!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜ƒ

I had no idea that the thought would occur to me before I started, but sure enough not even 1.5 minutes in the thought was there, constantly gnawing at the fringes of my conscious mind. So, what did this *kitten* do? I pushed a little harder, and maintained a little fast pace right from the beginning. Time Marched forward, and I surpassed .5 miles in less than 10 minutes. Working some quick math in my head, i knew I would have to keep up this pace or slightly better through the entire 20 minutes that were left. "*kitten*" I thought to myself. So onward i pushed, maintaining a pace that I really wasn't sure I could maintain... At times, I even had to slow down, but never did I stop. And knowing that it would be close, for every slow down I had to double down on my effort with a burst of prolonged speed. "*kitten*!!!". 20 minutes, in I was hot mess and pretty much drenched, Chest a heaving and breathing loudly... (Aaa$$ssholesss...). It was getting to close to call. Maybe I wasn't going to make.... At this point I was probably getting a little delirious.... Then I heard it... "Go faster, you can do it!!!"..... DOH "*kitten*!", I thought in return as I stepped on the gas..

With 20 seconds left to go... 1.5 turned to 1.6. "There you go *kitten*(s), you did it!" and a big smile spread across my face..." πŸ˜πŸ˜…

Thanks *kitten*, I love you guys. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’–

P.s. I'm not promising any of you A - holes 1.6 next time. Heck I might even take cardio off tomorrow, as it's my long weekend and its leg day. So easy on the pure pressure kay? πŸ˜‹

pqf19lodubvh.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Absolutely you can fly here and use my pool in my backyard with us .... We use it during the summer months June July and August ...daughter starts school towards the end of August so when she starts we won't be using it ... My gym has shipped so I am hoping to get it soon and set it up ... I will be walking 3 days and using my gym 3 days ..I am sooooooo excited :)

That is exciting! I have been tearing the apartment apart looking for my membership card so I go tomorrow. I am frustrated!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Just got back from our walk...we walked 134 minutes ....5.23 miles and burned 714 calories

Awesome walk!

lmf1012 wrote: Β»
    Good morning Downsizers! I love this group and this is my favorite place to come and read and share.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/30 steps 11,192 (WHAT?!)

So, my sister and I started a weight loss contest with each other 8 weeks ago. Every 4 weeks the person who has lost the highest percentage of weight wins $25 from the other. Of course, it has only been this last week that she has been really trying. Well, she was telling my brother about it and he asked if he and his wife could join. Then my mom wanted to join and my best friend too. Now I have 5 other family and friends that want to get healthy with me! How exciting is that?!

I really like to learn everyone’s strategies toward weight loss. Your weight loss strategy is a great one. I think I am going to suggest it to my son, daughter and son in law. That’s a guaranteed 75 dollars in my pocket. I am very confident. What are you going to spend your winnings on? Your steps are amazing!

rwood566 wrote: Β»
    Happy July, everyone. Half way to Christmas. How is your wish list?

@lmf1012 nice contest. That can be a very nice party each month with the winnings. It's great to have everyone working together on it.

@Piqueaboo have a great time in the vacant city. Welcome back to the step challenge.

@iradi8 sorry about your mom's continued health. You are still working very hard. I love your will power over those machines. Hopefully you two can get home soon.

Check in for 6/30
    Steps - 4172.
    Calories - 1517. Kettle corn for dessert. Been low cal meals lately.
    Exercise - none. I will be going to the gym or a walk as soon as my daughter wakes up and decides if she wants to go.

Went shopping with daughter after finding freezer burn on our meat for dinner. Stopped at the cupcake store to look for birthday cupcakes. If I want a normal one I have to plan on 350 calories or 100 for a mini. So much for low cal cupcakes. Lol. Changed dinner from London broil to beef fajitas so a better meal there.

Great check in! That is awesome that you are preplanning. Fajitas are so yummy.

Been so busy... Haven't been the best motivator. Sorry guys.

---

Great Thursday Morning Guys! 🌞

So... I'm not sure it's you guys that are the *kitten*!!! or if it's me that's the *kitten*! But some *kitten* put it in my head to hit 1.6 miles on the Elliptical this morning. Thanks a lot *kitten*(s)!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜ƒ

I had no idea that the thought would occur to me before I started, but sure enough not even 1.5 minutes in the thought was there, constantly gnawing at the fringes of my conscious mind. So, what did this *kitten* do? I pushed a little harder, and maintained a little fast pace right from the beginning. Time Marched forward, and I surpassed .5 miles in less than 10 minutes. Working some quick math in my head, i knew I would have to keep up this pace or slightly better through the entire 20 minutes that were left. "*kitten*" I thought to myself. So onward i pushed, maintaining a pace that I really wasn't sure I could maintain... At times, I even had to slow down, but never did I stop. And knowing that it would be close, for every slow down I had to double down on my effort with a burst of prolonged speed. "*kitten*!!!". 20 minutes, in I was hot mess and pretty much drenched, Chest a heaving and breathing loudly... (Aaa$$ssholesss...). It was getting to close to call. Maybe I wasn't going to make.... At this point I was probably getting a little delirious.... Then I heard it... "Go faster, you can do it!!!"..... DOH "*kitten*!", I thought in return as I stepped on the gas..

With 20 seconds left to go... 1.5 turned to 1.6. "There you go *kitten*(s), you did it!" and a big smile spread across my face..." πŸ˜πŸ˜…

Thanks *kitten*, I love you guys. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’–

P.s. I'm not promising any of you A - holes 1.6 next time. Heck I might even take cardio off tomorrow, as it's my long weekend and its leg day. So easy on the pure pressure kay? πŸ˜‹

pqf19lodubvh.png

You are doing great! Nice job on the push today. A break is definitely something a long weekend is for. That and a beer of course!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Ok, I gave in and took a rest day. Lots of βŒβ€™s tomorrow but that’s ok.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 220.0
    CW: 219.6
    πŸ™‚
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/30: 18,586
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    βœ…Steps 7,446
    βœ…Sleep
    βœ…Walk
    βœ… 8/8 hourly reminders

No appointments today so I get a chance to catch my breath. Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian teammates!
    Rest day post for tomorrow? Yes, you deserve it. Do you see all of those steps that you did??

Happy Thursday!

Another day speeding past 6,500 and 7,000 steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Look at all of that green!! You're doing incredible🀩

lmf1012 wrote: Β»
    Good morning Downsizers! I love this group and this is my favorite place to come and read and share.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/30 steps 11,192 (WHAT?!)

So, my sister and I started a weight loss contest with each other 8 weeks ago. Every 4 weeks the person who has lost the highest percentage of weight wins $25 from the other. Of course, it has only been this last week that she has been really trying. Well, she was telling my brother about it and he asked if he and his wife could join. Then my mom wanted to join and my best friend too. Now I have 5 other family and friends that want to get healthy with me! How exciting is that?!

Look who is well past 10kπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» 11,192 πŸ˜²πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I love your contest. That's such a fun way of encouraging one another- and look you motivated five family and friends to get healthy with youπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ You're not just helping yourself, you're helping five others 🀩

@rwood566
    Another super low calorie day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» yummy steak fajitas. By the way, they have the recipe discussion thread up and running. How are you feeling?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    134 minutes AND 5.23 miles πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» OVER TWO HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES!! Absolutely incredible πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    That's A LOT of meal prepping you got done and they all sound absolutely delicious. Back in the before times, before the pandemic, we would go to a dinner prep center with the kids. It let them feel like little chefs (they had to stand on stools, they were so little). You're way sounds so much better!

@Poobah1972
    YES!! Look at that huge jump in endurance on the elliptical πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» You are so right, it IS this team. They did it to me too. They are spending their healthy ways through posts. It's contagiousπŸ˜† So... get used to that 1.5 and 1.6 goal 🀣

Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 220.0
    CW: 219.6
    πŸ™‚

Congrats on your weekly loss AND on your 18,586 steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Way to go with your June recap. You were an absolute shining star- look at those results! Love that you did Run the Streak. I'm actually thinking about adding a Couch to 5k (I am really enjoying walking, not sure if I want to run).

rlaskey2 wrote: Β»
    6/29 10,784
    6/30 8,470

PW:184
    CW:184.8

Sorry I have been MiA. So busy with interviews and kids home. Keeping on my workouts every other day but still no walks. Heat is finally breaking with rain scheduled the next two days. My eating need work as scale is ticking back up.

You sound ridiculously busy! Glad you are getting in workouts every other day. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so that you can get back out there. Enjoy the kids being home, they are only little for a short time (it's cruel how fast they grow).

@red1185
    I'm sorry to hear about your week. It's good to hear that you have a lot of support (including all of us here for you) and that you are feeling better. I'm glad you have coping systems in place to help, preparing intricate meals to help you focus. Way to keep getting in those steps, even during a tough week πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ». Have fun in the TN museum, safe travelsπŸ€—
This discussion has been closed.