Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    Check in for Friday
    ✅Steps 13,404 (I checked my Fitbit twice)
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅ 8/8 hourly reminders

Yesterday, I walked with my friend for 45 minutes, walked to the market (the short way) and spent 1.5 hours in the pool with my granddaughter. I didn’t swim laps but I stayed in constant motion. I was so hungry by supper I ended up using a good chunk of my Fitbit calorie adjustment which is unusual for me. I am hurting today but I will do my physio exercises and I won’t be walking today. The best part about yesterday was I learned being in the pool is so much easier on my back.

Norah, my granddaughter who thinks I am her 8 year old best friend, is having surgery on Thursday. She will be laid up all summer so Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we are planning lots of outings for her. I will miss some of my goals over those days but my priority is to help her have an entire summer in the next few days.

Have a super Saturday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    No walking today .... I woke up with a major headache ...so I am staying home and finishing my meal prep .... eggplant lasagna, berry trifle, butternut squash ravioli's Cauliflower potato salad and chicken cordon bleu casserole :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Today is my birthday. I am 57, a new age. I had a wish for my birthday. It was to reach a new age in weight, like age of aquarius. If I reached 299.8 I would be in my 4th century of weight in 2 years. I kept it to myself the last week so I wouldn't put to much pressure on myself.

Happy Birthday Roger :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    Happy Birthday Roger! @rwood566
    re1anv4ngowc.jpeg
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Today is my birthday. I am 57, a new age. I had a wish for my birthday. It was to reach a new age in weight, like age of aquarius. If I reached 299.8 I would be in my 4th century of weight in 2 years. I kept it to myself the last week so I wouldn't put to much pressure on myself. Sorry for the incomplete post, but i was trying to put the picture up. still can't figure it out. The picture is one of my scale this morning. it read 299.8. I got the photo up on my feed page, though.

i celebrated by eating the half apple fritter and half of the half buttermilk doughnut. i stopped at that amount because i was satisfied. i'm still hungry, but satisfied.

Happy Birthday!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW- 146.4
    CW-144.4
    I'm glad I'm starting to get back on track. I think my original goal might have been to aggressive so for July I just want to get to 140.0lbs or lower not necessarily 7lbs down. My goal being 130.0lbs makes it kind of impractical for me to be so aggressive at this point. A lot of the time now I'm struggling to stay in my deficit.

Just wondering are you still with us with the step challenge? If you are I need your steps from 6/28-7/3 thank you :)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Check in for Friday
    ✅Steps 13,404 (I checked my Fitbit twice)
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅ 8/8 hourly reminders

Yesterday, I walked with my friend for 45 minutes, walked to the market (the short way) and spent 1.5 hours in the pool with my granddaughter. I didn’t swim laps but I stayed in constant motion. I was so hungry by supper I ended up using a good chunk of my Fitbit calorie adjustment which is unusual for me. I am hurting today but I will do my physio exercises and I won’t be walking today. The best part about yesterday was I learned being in the pool is so much easier on my back.

Norah, my granddaughter who thinks I am her 8 year old best friend, is having surgery on Thursday. She will be laid up all summer so Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we are planning lots of outings for her. I will miss some of my goals over those days but my priority is to help her have an entire summer in the next few days.

Have a super Saturday!

Oh my goodness!!! You more than doubled your step goal 😲👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉 Way to go Linda🙌🏻🙌🏻 Plus look at all of that green🤩 including 8:8 hourly reminders!! That is so incredibly sweet, about Norah and you being best friends 💖 That is a terrific plan, packing in a lot of fun outings in the three days. Remember to capture some of the moments. My kids love seeing pictures of themselves with their grandparents when they were younger.

lmf1012 wrote: »
    PW: 143.6
    CW: 141 (this was a very pleasant surprise!)
    LTD: 25lbs

I did not let yesterday's "hangover" derail me, despite the lack of motivation, I made myself do my weight lifting AND take my walk. I was really happy I did!
    This morning's weigh in was quite a surprise, a whole pound down from yesterday and exactly 25lbs lost!

Congrats on your weekly loss Joni and your LTD of 25 pounds 👏🏻👏🏻 That's pretty darn impressive, not letting a hangover keep you from exercising!! You are one motivated Downsizer🤩

No walking today .... I woke up with a major headache ...so I am staying home and finishing my meal prep .... eggplant lasagna, berry trifle, butternut squash ravioli's Cauliflower potato salad and chicken cordon bleu casserole :)

I'm sorry to hear about your headache, I hope it passes soon. Yummy yummy dishes, very envious over here. Do you freeze your dishes or just refrigerate?
  • TheresaM787
    aeqg3444jb65.png
    @rwood566
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER 🎉 CONGRATULATIONS 299.8👏🏻👏🏻 Have a wonderful day, you deserve it!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm sorry to hear about your headache, I hope it passes soon. Yummy yummy dishes, very envious over here. Do you freeze your dishes or just refrigerate?

Thanks Theresa ....Depends how hungry I am ...lately I have not been very hungry ... so I will probably freeze 1/2 the casseroles ...I haven't had good luck freezing eggplant so I am making a smaller eggplant lasagna
  • TheresaM787
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 158.6
    CW 156.8
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 113.2lbs
    LTD 166.2 lbs

Finally a loss bigger than 0.2 haha

7/2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 84oz
    Steps 9007
    Exercise 20min elliptical

Did grocery shopping and fireworks shopping. Was gonna dance in place for the rest of my steps at night but I guess the elliptical called my name cuz I hopped on there instead. Wasn't sure if my legs would allow two days in a row but the burning stopped after the first 5 minutes and I was able to do 20 minutes.

We are about the head out for a friend's pool and I'm very excited to go.

Yayyy Ashley!!! Way to go on your loss AND tracking AND staying under AND your water AND getting in over 9,000 steps AND going on the elliptical two days in a row 👏🏻👏🏻🤩 Have fun at your friend's pool😃
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Today is my birthday. I am 57, a new age. I had a wish for my birthday. It was to reach a new age in weight, like age of aquarius. If I reached 299.8 I would be in my 4th century of weight in 2 years. I kept it to myself the last week so I wouldn't put to much pressure on myself.
    lc3lkaa33vjf.jpg

i celebrated by eating the half apple fritter and half of the half buttermilk doughnut. i stopped at that amount because i was satisfied. i'm still hungry, but satisfied.

Amazing job and happy birthday! I hope enjoy your day!!

• TheresaM787
    PW- 146.4
    CW-144.4
    I'm glad I'm starting to get back on track. I think my original goal might have been to aggressive so for July I just want to get to 140.0lbs or lower not necessarily 7lbs down. My goal being 130.0lbs makes it kind of impractical for me to be so aggressive at this point. A lot of the time now I'm struggling to stay in my deficit.

Way to go with your weekly loss 👏🏻👏🏻 I'm glad you are looking at what makes sense for you and your mindset, instead of just a number- very insightful. You're going to reach your goal before you know it🤩 The deficit is a tough number, I'm glad you're trying to do your best and knowing that you are doing amazing 🤗

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Great plan! Your choices are so delicious. I need to start devoting more time to meal planning. My daughter was just asking for eggplant parmigiana (not mine, but my mom's - she's a much better cook than I am). Feel better 🤗
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you so much Theresa ... this is the 3rd day of a headache but today is much worse
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    PW- 146.4
    CW-144.4

Just wondering are you still with us with the step challenge? If you are I need your steps from 6/28-7/3 thank you :)

Yes I'm still with you. I just had a rough low step week. On our hot day I couldn't walk, I injured my foot wearing sandals, I missed a day because my cousin in law was giving birth to my nephew and because I didn't go to sleep(her labor was induced and lasted about 24hours) I chose to skip the following day because I felt semi loopy.
    6/28/21-15,058
    6/29/21-10,113
    6/30/21-11,053
    7/1/21-2,867(carried 35lbs for 50% of these steps) My nephew was born and I set up my fathers brand new bed and box spring after they arrived which he's really loving.
    7/2/21-N/A(I didn't wear my pedometer or go walk because of exhaustion). I'm hoping this next week will run on my typical schedule but we will see how things go. It should be more normal since I don't have any other oddball plans.
This discussion has been closed.