Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Poohbah72 congratulations on your 100 pound loss. Wishing you continuing success with your goals.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,655 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Grats team leaders.

Thanks Roger :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Thanks Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I did 35 minutes on my new gym and burned 54 calories .... I am also deep cleaning today since I feel great ... no headache YAY!!!!!!!!

Way to go!

Thank you so much :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoooh! Great work buds! :smiley:
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @Poohbah72 congratulations on your 100 pound loss. Wishing you continuing success with your goals.

Thank you so much! :)
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Username. Amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday
    Sw 184.0
    Pw 152.4
    Cw 149.8

Step count
    7/18. 30,256
    7/19. 24,863
    7/20. 25,362
    7/21. 30,326
    7/22. 28,004
    7/23. 24,741
    7/24. 18,297

NSV. Back in May I wore a pair of stretchy jeans and a stretchy shirt while on vacation. They both were fairly tight and stretched. Today they were both baggy on me. Not super baggy but I have a lot of room and they are not stretching at all.

Thank you to all of you in this group. Knowing I have to be held accountable and to post my weight(gain or loss) has helped me stay on track.

Your on Fire Amy!!! Congratulations!
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Username. Amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday
    Sw 184.0
    Pw 152.4
    Cw 149.8

Step count
    7/18. 30,256
    7/19. 24,863
    7/20. 25,362
    7/21. 30,326
    7/22. 28,004
    7/23. 24,741
    7/24. 18,297

NSV. Back in May I wore a pair of stretchy jeans and a stretchy shirt while on vacation. They both were fairly tight and stretched. Today they were both baggy on me. Not super baggy but I have a lot of room and they are not stretching at all.

Thank you to all of you in this group. Knowing I have to be held accountable and to post my weight(gain or loss) has helped me stay on track.

Your on Fire Amy!!! Congratulations!

Thank you!!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Good evening, everyone, 😀

Hitting that major Milestone today definitely had me feeling pretty good... But for someone unknown reason I really hit the wall by the time I got home. I was dragging my *kitten*, and was looking for a reason not to hit the weights. (well not really, I was doing it come hell or high water). Lynn was pretty much in the same boat, but her affliction was stomach pains. 😣

Sure, enough though moving the weights and getting our blood pumping seems to be the best cure. By time we were done we both felt great and Lynn finally hit 30 reps of 20 pounds on the killer standing EZ bar curls right at the end. She was super stoked!!! 💪😄

So yeah, improvements for both of us all around.... Weights are moving up on some, and staying the same on others, but in all cases, we were able to hammer out more reps.

So, as you may have seen, I was forced to add King Crab to our Prime Rib steak supper tonight... Oh, poor us. 😋 Turns out even with the extra butter and the Lobster, and ice cream for dessert I'm still right where I would normally be on a double day. So, who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? 👍😎😁

I am done though.. Lol. I need to try and get some progress pics taken... But I got steak and crab juice on my shirt. And I'm too lazy to go change my shirt. What to do? lol

Love you guys, and thank you for keeping my motivation tank full! 😄

💖🤗💖🤗💖🤗💖

q9fg47zzvqjd.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining us ... Please welcome @tahm42 :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Options
    @tam42 welcome. Love the tire flipping pic. Do you train for Strongman? What do you like to do for exercise and how did you get started?
  • Beautyofdreams
    Options
    @amymartin555 congratulations on reaching a new decade. All your activity and logging is paying off.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,493 🥳

We are camping this week...I hope to get some steps in. Tomorrow I see my neurologist!!

Welcome @tahm42...

Congrats @Poobah1972 ...100# down!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well ... 🧡
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome to our team @tahm42 ...Glad to have you with us .... :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    FYI I think it's got my bone mass all wrong... No way is 7 pounds of bones holding together a near 400 pound body.. Just saying. :)

From the info on my scale it’s a measurement of your bone tissue in your body. It says that normal is between 4.9 and 6.2. My measurement is 6.6lb.

That's interesting, my scales say this about this on bone mass:
    4jibswysyj4n.jpg and I'm 222.8.

Also big congrats on reaching over 100lb lost @Poobah1972 , what an amazing achievement! I have no doubt that your continuous drive and commitment will get you to your overall goal in no time.

What scale are you using?

I believe it could be this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/RENPHO-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Smartphone-Composition/dp/B079DQ7JK6/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=renpho&qid=1627363633&sr=8-17
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening

Welcome to both our new teammates, @Shannonsto and @tahm42. I'm sure you will love it here.

Check in for 7/26:
    Steps - 5242. I should have a lot more tomorrow. Hitting Sea World for the shows. Free ticket that expires at the end of the month.
    Calories - 1680.
    Exercise - 20 minutes bike and 7 machines at the gym. 5.4 miles, interval training, medium effort.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @tahm42 Love the Tire flipping as well. You look awesome! :)

Good Tuesday Morning my friends! 😎

I got no words of wisdom for you this morning. Just get out of bed and do the work, simple enough yah?

I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, but the sleep I did have was pretty solid. Woke up feeling not too bad, not to great. lol. For this morning's mode of torture? The Elliptical was chosen... 😈

Honestly, I dread elliptical more than any other cardio choice. I definitely sweat doing that more than anything else, partly cause of the humidity downstairs. But just getting through the minutes can be laborious. Thankfully I got to pick a new random movie this morning, and started watching the Search for Bobby Fischer. It really helps the time go by. Pretty early on I realized I felt pretty good, cause getting to the 10-minute mark was definitely easier than usual. I didn't have to resist the urge to rest very hard. In fact, I didn't have to hit pause or slow down much at all. I think I hit pause just once, and then only slowed down for a bit 2 other times. I got to 1.6 miles with a whole 1:30 left on the clock. Which is a PB by about 30 seconds. I'm kicking my butt a little bit, because I certainly could have had 1.7 miles today with just a little bit more effort.

So silly me completely forgot to start the exercise on my Fitbit again... The autosense feature picked it up, but trimmed at least 4 or so minutes off which would have included the entire section where I sprinted for all I had in a last-ditch effort to see 1.7 miles. I imagine my watch was buzzing during that sprint so I assume I would have hit peak Heart Rate for at least a quick minute there. lol. As it stands MFP's Fitbit Calorie Adjustment for this morning is currently sitting at 980 Calories. So, a pretty solid morning. 👍😃

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all the love and support, over the first 100 pounds. It really does mean a lot. So, Thank You ALL! 🤗💖

So, Let's keep this party going and get the next 100 pounds started! 🔥😃👍😎😀

🤗🤗🤗

dy2nxxh0h0w2.png
This discussion has been closed.