Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Replies

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    @askewcr sending you {{hugs}} and strength for your injection. My husband hates needles too and I see what he goes through when he needs to get a needle

@TwistedSassette glad your son's second class went smoothly and you were able to try out some things at the gym. Do they have trainers that will set up a program for you?

@Katmary71 I hope your appointment at the pain clinic went well and you can finally get some relief

@TereasW1020 I'm in for a tracking challenge. For my current diet I was given a list of low fiber/high carb foods I've been avoiding for years so I need to be diligent about tracking to keep BG in check. Doctors never seem to look at the big picture. They treat one thing without looking at how it will affect other areas/issues then they treat the resulting problem with more meds. I feel like I wack-a-mole game.

Not much new. Still not feeling great. I spend most of my time resting which has been a shock to my system but I'm kind of liking it. I'll wait until I've finished my antibiotics before I ease back into exercise.

Food has been fine. I started tracking again and figuring out which foods I can tolerate. I make better choices when I'm mindful so that's helpful.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @TwistedSassette You might know this but please be very careful with the adductor/abductor weight machine! Years ago, when I was going to a gym, I loved that machine because I could do it easily and use heavyweights. Well, I ended up with a severe groin pull that lasted for years afterward. I even had to go to PT for a while and having a cute guy rubbing my overweight upper thigh was quite embarrassing! :# I think squats and lunges are a much better alternative or at least use lighter weights and few reps. Yayyy for joining the August tracking challenge! I will get something posted. :)

@askewcr I hope getting the cortisone shot gives you some real relief. My mom had that done several years ago and it helped her. :)

@trooworld Mercy if I had to jog for 5 minutes straight I would be dying. :o Good for you! I did do 10 real jumping jacks today and was pretty impressed with myself. I will do a post for the August challenge! I appoint you the team drill sergeant since it’s already a habit for you and I will for sure need some ordering around before the month. :grin:

@GabiV125 That vacation will come off in no time. How I would love to be in that kind of weather and not this upper 90s that I’m in. I have good friends in Alaska right now and I’m so jealous of their FB pics. :grin:

@Katmary71 I am sending you prayers and healing thoughts! I really hope that the pain clinic can help you. <3 I am still doing DDF and I think it’s working well for me. The scale is going down as is my blood sugar. Today before lunch it was at 77 and my trigger is 83, so that made me happy.

@Jactop I agree that doctors don’t always look at the big picture and we have to make sure that we are looking for ourselves. One of the doctors I listen to on the Low Carb MD podcast was just saying that it’s so easy for doctors to put us on meds but often unwilling to take us off of them. :/ I definitely say to watch the carbs that you are now eating and how it affects you. Carbs really raise my BG. I’m glad that you will do the August challenge with us!

Hi Team! I did a good workout this morning and my body is already feeling it. I’ve decided to begin 21 Day Fix Extreme either on Friday or Saturday. That program used to scare me, but I think I’m ready to give it a try. :grin: I have my church BBQ tonight and I’m really going to stay strong and not treat this event as an excuse to eat a bunch of stuff that will make the scale jump. I did keep my lunch light and just had some eggs with reduced-fat cheese and Canadian bacon. But now it’s coffee time! :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    @jactop- oops- sorry, didn't see that you had an intestinal infection. Hope you are on the mend.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - so glad your son is home!

@Katmary71 - how did the pain clinic go? Hope you didn't have to sit on the floor.

@TheGlwUp - I agree with all the emotional eating things. I've been working on those too and some days are better than others. I also stop and think before I eat- am I really hungry? And yes- it's way more than calories in/out. There are many habits and behaviors that have to be changed as well.

@TwistedSassette Love the cake toppers!

@trooworld- Love how you're kicking butt with fitting the boxing into your routine!

Not much news here. I'm trying to avoid doing some work right now, so I'd better get at it. I enjoyed taking my break with you!

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    tvy1ocn6zpiy.png

HEY TEAM! As some of you might know, I don’t like tracking my calories and macros. Every time I start, I stop just as quickly. :/ However, I do believe that knowledge is power, and understanding what I’m eating in regard to calories and macros is important if I want to successfully lose weight. AND I do want to lose weight and I know you do too! :)

So, I’m going to start an August Tracking Challenge this Sunday and would love to have you all join me! If you are in, then please let us know that you are committed to 100% tracking (or doing your very best) and reporting daily (or as often as you can) with your results.

I made this cute little tracker and printed it out with my macro and calorie goals for the month. It’s a good daily visual and hopefully by the end of the month will give me some good insights. Feel free to use it! :)

13a6q3qdgwyn.png

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    @askewcr Best of luck with the needle! You will be fine, a moment of discomfort for ongoing relief is worth it!
    I was terrible with needles until I had to do IVF. Now they don't bother me at all!

@trooworld It sounds like you really earned the bagel dog! Glad that you enjoyed the boxing class again. Re the kettlebells - I would ask, but the gym is unstaffed, members access with a tag on the automatic doors & there are no staff on. The joys of small town life, lol - the owners all work in their own jobs as teachers, miners or stay-at-home-parents and have the gym as a side business!
    P.S. I like the Wellness Wednesday pic

@GabiV125 Awww I'm sure your scale will forgive you soon! I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

@Katmary71 Haha thanks, but I didn't make or decorate the cakes - only the cardboard decorations on top! I do sometimes decorate cakes for family birthdays etc. but they don't look anywhere near as good as these ones do!
    Best of luck for your appointment at the pain clinic! I hope it all goes well and you come out with a decent plan.

@Jactop The gym isn't staffed, but there are trainers who work with the gym by appointment. But they are pricey and my employer unfortunately DOESN'T cover that. But I'm a smart cookie, I'll find/work out my own program :smiley:
    Glad to hear that you're on the mend and tracking again. You're so right about doctors, most only treat the thing in front of them and don't worry about anything else - they should be more holistic! They like to treat symptoms and not always the cause.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for the warning. I definitely did not use heavy weights, I started light and put the weight up as I figured out what felt challenging. I am not into heavy lifting and HATE the muscle aches after strength training so I was aiming for more toning than anything else. I think the highest setting I went to was 34kg. I weigh 123kg so squats & lunges probably put me at more risk than the machine (though I still do them too).
    Have a great time at the church BBQ!
    The August tracker looks great! I track in a spreadsheet along with a bunch of other data so I will probably just continue doing that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I didn't have a great day yesterday. I was planning to do a longer cardio session in the evening which I knew would burn a bunch of calories, so I let myself have a few extra calories throughout the day. Unfortunately in the evening, I got not one, but two bad nosebleeds - the second one started after I bent down to pick something up off the floor when putting the toddler to bed, so the change in blood pressure must have reopened the capillaries. I figured after that it wasn't a good idea to do anything too strenuous. So I just did a gentle walk and called it a night. I still had a deficit, just not as good as I'd wanted!
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.png9z4vl6q0yry1.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Good morning all!

Welcome cherrymajoni!

Well all is well with the knee. I feel so much better this morning and should have gotten the shot months ago. But, all is well. It's a beautiful morning. I plan to downsize some more in the garage and my shoe closet and take a trip to Goodwill. I'm also going to clean my car. I will go for a short walk today even if it's in my home.

I made chicken salad yesterday and it was yummy. Hubby and I had it on sandwiches with fresh tomatoes and it was delish!

It's a brand new day and my slate is clean. I'm going to win today as I keep my eyes on the prize. Blessings to you all and let's go get it!! B)
  • askewcr
    [img]https://us.v- So, I’m going to start an[/img]August Tracking Challenge this Sunday and would love to have you all join me! If you are in, then please let us know that you are committed to 100% tracking (or doing your very best) and reporting daily (or as often as you can) with your results.

I made this cute little tracker and printed it out with my macro and calorie goals for the month. It’s a good daily visual and hopefully by the end of the month will give me some good insights. Feel free to use it! :)

I would love to do this challenge with you. I will do my best!
  • askewcr
    @Jactop @TeresaW1020 thank you for the welcome.

A quick into/recap

My name is Cherry and I live in the UK. With my little family, previously when I joined with the lovely support of the group I managed to loose 10kg it was all in aide of my being healthier for my next pregnancy. By God's grace I did fall pregnant last August but had a very terrible pregnancy on bed rest for months, ill every day and hospitalisation. And thus my abrupt exit, my apologies that I did not say goodbye officially at the time.

Welcome back! I'm kind of new to the group and I simply love it! It's the best way I've found to be intentional about what I eat, my exercise, and my weight. Blessings!! B)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @GabiV125 That would be a hard adjustment. Have a great week!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm excited, too! I hope the pain clinic can help you.

@Jactop I hope you feel better soon. Yay for tracking and figuring out which foods you can tolerate!

@TeresaW1020 I was! LOL I just kept thinking, "Please don't collapse on this gym floor!" It was hot and I was not having a good time during that jogging session! Oh, I had to do jumping jacks, too. Those aren't as easy as they seem, are they? LOL Okay, I officially accept my title of Drill Sergeant! :) I'm going to post something that reminds me of your comment that the 21 Day Fix Extreme used to scare you. I'm proud of you for giving it a try! I hope the BBQ went well.

@Cornanda Thank you!

@TwistedSassette I did lol. Oh that's a bummer about the gym being unstaffed, but kind of cool! Sorry about the nosebleeds. You are right about not doing anything strenuous after that. I hope it's better today!

@cherrymajoni Nice to "see" you again! Congrats on the baby girl, I'm sorry you had a difficult pregnancy. I wish you success!

@askewcr I'm glad all is well with the knee. I'm glad you are joining us on the tracking challenge!

Hi all. Well things didn't go as planned AT ALL yesterday: I got a voicemail from the friend that had the birthday party in the park (on Saturday) saying that someone that I had spoken with for about 10-15 minutes tested positive for COVID despite being vaccinated! She was exposed prior to the party which meant I was exposed. So, I'm not showing any signs of COVID but I canceled my dental appointment and my boxing class and I went and got a COVID test. I'm awaiting the results, it should take 1-3 days. I hope I find out before Saturday as that is when my next boxing class is. I was so upset that on the way home from the test, I wanted to stop and get some fast food but I did not. I kept telling myself I had breakfast already made at home and I could eat then. So I went home and ate my bowl of steel-cut oats!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2021
    @TereasaW1020 and @trooworld Wow! Jumping Jack's? You two are my heroes! Way to go

@trooworld yay for the steel cut oats and not caving in to emotional eating. You really are Wonder Woman. I noticed the strong resemblance to Linda Carter when you posted your last pic lol.

@TwistedSassette getting in some walking in spite of your nose bleeds is impressive. You had a good excuse to skip your workout but found a way to stick with your plan.

@cherrymajoni congratulations on the birth of your baby girl and good luck with your weightloss journey. Glad to have you back on the team.

I'd love to hear what everyone else does to make tracking a habit.

• TeresaW1020
    @TwistedSassette bummer about the nosebleeds! My hubby will get those quite often in the winter months. Why do you count your exercise toward your overall calorie count? I tried doing that once and didn’t see where it helped me, so now I never take into consideration my workouts and just think of whatever calorie burn I achieve as an added bonus. And yes, wouldn’t it be nice if doctors were more holistic in their approach. But we must also remember that medicine is BIG business and big pharma doesn’t want doctors making us healthy, so they give a whole lot of perks to make sure we keep getting those prescriptions. Makes me so frustrated. :#

@cherrymajoni How wonderful that you had a healthy baby girl! And now that you are back on the team you can get the accountability and support that will help you get that extra weight off. Do join the August tracking challenge and make the commitment to yourself that you are here to take back your health! :)

@askewcr I’m glad your knees are feeling better now! I love chicken salad and make it often. Yayyy I’m glad that you are in the challenge with us. :)

@trooworld, I’m sure your test will be negative and you can get back to your boxing. Good for you for not eating that fast food!! I love that graphic! <3 And it’s so true too. I start 21-Day Fix Extreme tomorrow! :o

@Jactop I started tracking seriously today too. I figure there was no reason to postpone it. :grin: My biggest tip for tracking is to pre-track. I only eat two meals a day and I always know what’s for dinner, so I track my dinner first and then I know how many calories I can have for lunch and my precious coffee with half-n-half. <3

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I went to church early and with no staff meeting this week, I was able to knock out both buildings in a couple of hours. I just did the basics this week because it’s in the high 90s today and I wanted to be done and home. The potluck was tons of fun last evening and I did end up having a small slice of the best key lime cheesecake I’ve EVER tasted. I love it when something is truly calorie-worthy, and this was! ;) This afternoon I sat with my awesome Recipe Keeper (Thanks again @TwistedSassette) and planned out my entire month of dinners. I’m trying to set myself up for success this month as I am determined to get out of the 180s once and for all!! B)
  • TwistedSassette
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.5kg
    PW: 123.5kg
    CW: 123.1kg
    LTD: 15.4kg
    LTW: 0.4kg
  • TwistedSassette
    @cherrymajoni Welcome (back)! Congrats on the birth of your baby girl :smile:

@askewcr I'm so glad your knee is feeling better already!

@trooworld Oh no! I'm so sorry you're a close contact. But yay to you for not caving to the emotional eating! Here's hoping for a negative result!

@Jactop Thanks :smile: Regarding the tracking, I do find it easier if I either pre-log or log throughout the day. If I leave it all till after dinner, I am less likely to do it at all. And there's the added benefit of being able to see where you're up to for the day and make dinner choices around that!

@TeresaW1020 I eat back my exercise calories because we're supposed to :wink: My daily calorie goal is set based on a target loss of 0.5kg (a little over a pound) per week, but that's assuming no exercise. If I exercise, my body needs more fuel, and I feel hungrier. So on days that I exercise, I do eat back at least a portion of those extra calories. I do this partly because of the extra hunger/fuelling mentioned, but also because I am aiming for slow weight loss and there are some huge health risks associated with underfuelling (e.g. hair loss, organ damage etc.) that I'd rather avoid. During the week, my calorie goal before exercise is 1600 - if I were to burn 500 calories like I do some days, then I'm left with a net of 1100, which is below the recommended minimum for females in order to provide for basic functions like digestion and healing. So the 1600 becomes my base, and if I burn 500 calories then I can eat up to 2100 that day and still lose weight at the target rate I have set. Wow, that was really long - sorry! Essentially, I do it because it's better for my body, and it makes a healthy lifestyle easier to stick to!
    Regarding the doctors...it's not really like that in Australia. "Big pharma" isn't a thing, and the doctors don't get any perks for prescribing one medication over another. There aren't any sales reps visiting doctors to convince them to switch brands or anything like that. I think mostly our doctors are just overworked, they have such a limited time with each patient (like 10 mins, tops) that it's easy to overlook other symptoms or forget another medication that they're on. One time I went in for a prescription refill, and the doctor had forgotten to bring up my file on his computer, so the script came out in the previous patient's name - I only realised when I got to the car so I raced back in and got him to fix it up. But it was rather concerning that he gave me a prescription without even having looked at my file at all!
    Sounds like you are all set up for a fantastic August!!
    I did not have a good day yesterday. I was tired and cranky and just overall in a funk. I didn't exercise, and I overate (though, still in a deficit). I'm really glad today is Friday and the weekend starts tonight. I need to catch up on some sleep!
    On the bright side, all the water weight I was carrying seems to have gone and I had a mini-whoosh on the scale this morning. I have now reduced my BMI by 6 points which is so great! I still have a long way to go, but looking at my longer-term weight charts is really motivating, it's good to see the trend going downwards consistently.
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.png8wzosdvi13py.png
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 266
    CW: 267
    LTD: 33
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW:227.0
    CW:223.1
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @Jactop HAHA! Thank you, that is quite the compliment! :D To make tracking a habit, I PRE-TRACK either the night before or that morning. It's the only thing that works for me, if I wait to track until I eat, I don't end up tracking.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad I didn't stop for FF. I felt a lot better eating that bowl of oats! Today's the day...I hope the 21-Day Fix Extreme goes well. I'm glad the lime cheesecake was worth it.

@TwistedSassette Congrats on the loss! I'm sorry about your bad day. I hope yesterday was better. That's great that you saw a mini-whoosh! And yay for losing six points on your BMI!

@19shmoo69 I'm so sorry. I hope you are okay and that the two weeks go by quickly.

@davidji82 @TeresaW1020 Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. My test came back negative, no COVID! Life can go on as usual now. :) On another note, after 2-3 years of horrible sleep, I think I've found the key to better sleep for me: using our portable A/C unit in the bedroom. I get hot and wake up apparently. I've been getting mostly "GOOD" sleep scores according to Fitbit for the past 4 weeks that we've been using the A/C unit at night.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
This discussion has been closed.