Shrinking Assets-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,112 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @coblujay :)
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team @coblujay !
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday, sorry a day late

KittyInBoots17:
    PW; 237.4
    CW 236.8

I'm struggling. This heat. It feels like I can't even think sometimes. I have never experienced and heat and humidity to this extent for this long. I feel like every day I am just waiting for the next day in hopes of it cooling down, but it just keeps on going. Heat. Sun. Forest fire smoke. No rain. It's still July.

I seriously want to lose weight and I know I can, cuz I have before. I will admit summer has always been a struggle for me since I've started on here. The reason being is ice cream and such lol. I really do want to do this, I'm just glad I haven't gained significantly even though I've been watching it slowly climb over time. I really enjoy reading your posts, it truly is motivating to me.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17 I am with you on the heat struggle. I don't work outside so I don't have to bear it all day, but just driving home in the heat and humidity is too much! I don't mind the heat but the humidity is awful.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Try some low calorie popsicles.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member will be joining you soon ... Please welcome @partaz :)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17 I feel you! Two snack ideas to partially replace ice cream: frozen strawberries and frozen grapes. The grapes are pretty efficient in cooling me internally, and partially thawed strawberries are delicious. They can’t fully replace ice cream (nothing can, duh) but might be a nice change at least sometimes :) another treat I enjoyed during the heat wave here was fridge-temperature fresh raspberries.

You’re still here and you’re still trying, that’s an impressive feat in itself! You haven’t given up or quit!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:154.2
    CW:153

• imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Welcome to the team @partaz !
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    PW: 257
    CW: 253.8

I have lost 46 pounds since the first of this year. I can definitely notice it in my clothes and I'm able to wear my wedding ring again. However, when I look in the mirror or look at pictures I can't see a difference. And it's frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how do you work through it?
    I know it's just me because others do see a difference, but I'm struggling to see what they see.
    I appreciate any advice that anyone has.
    Thank you.
  • partaz
    partaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MFP USER NAME: partaz
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT:227.5
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT 249.5

Hello everyone! I am 55 and have one son who recently graduated from college. I've mostly used MFP for tracking (which I enjoy) so this group will be an exciting new adventure for me. Over the past year I've put strong effort into building consistent habits. Some of them are now second nature while others definitely take effort. I look forward to getting to know you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member will be joining you soon .... Please welcome @queenofspades1616 :)
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Dew11252
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Aug SW: 281.4
    PW: 281.4
    CW: 281.4
    Lost: 0
    LTD: 38.6

I want to continue next month but change my weigh-in day to Friday.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Marni3369 wrote: »
    PW: 257
    CW: 253.8

I have lost 46 pounds since the first of this year. I can definitely notice it in my clothes and I'm able to wear my wedding ring again. However, when I look in the mirror or look at pictures I can't see a difference. And it's frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how do you work through it?
    I know it's just me because others do see a difference, but I'm struggling to see what they see.
    I appreciate any advice that anyone has.
    Thank you.

@Marni3369 in the past when I have lost weight, it has been somehow easier to see my progress in photos than in the mirror, especially pictures that are unposed or taken without my knowledge. Maybe that could help you as well?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    vc6tocpsy9je.png

Hi Team! :)

As we are about to enter our last month of summer it’s time to stop and review how you are doing with your weight loss goals. One way to keep you mindful is to create healthy habits! Here is your NEW habit tracker for August. Just click the link and follow the instructions.
    AUGUST HABIT TRACKER
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Anniesquats100
    Friday

Pw 168.1
    Cw 169.3
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    The August 2021 Team Chat is OPEN!

Finish up this week's weigh-ins here, and head over to August for introductions, goal updates, and to get ready for a new month -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10839802/shrinking-assets-team-chat-august-2021/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.