Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Introduction— hi everyone. I’m jpedno and happy to join this group. I’m in New Mexico and I deal with some chronic health issues. I’m petite (5’) but weight has crept up as I’ve gotten older, especially in the last 4 years or so as I turned 40 last year and been on and off steroids and other medicines.

My goals are:
    Track my food!
    Go to a class at the gym at least 3x a week.
    10k steps 5 out of 7 days.

I’m headed to a yoga class in a few minutes so that will be a good start to August!

Welcome to our group ...Great goals ....Let me know if you want to be added to our step challenge...Thank you :)

Yes please add me to step challenge!

Awesome ...Do you have a step number that you would like to reach daily ?

Yes let's do 7,150. That's roughly the equivalent of 10k steps 5 out of 7 days.

Got it thanks :)
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Daily Check-In For 8/1

Calories: Within Allotted Range
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 18 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 7 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: 2 miles interval running + mobility stretching
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2021
    Good evening everybody. Happy August.

Check in for 8/1:
    Steps - 5587. Washed the car and shopped.
    Calories - 1360, I believe. Can't remember it from 5 minutes ago. I behaved myself eating kfc for lunch and had a very light dinner. Left a lot of room for a piece of boston cream cake.
    Exercise - washed the car. Otherwise a nice rest day. Walk or gym tomorrow.

@mthomas0228 very nice work. Way to start the month.

@iradi8 super numbers. Over 20k and just under. Wow.

@azkunk welcome back. I have been thinking about you lately. Thought we misplaced you.

Lots of other good posts but my recall is shot and they aren't on this page. Sorry.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2021
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 222.8
    CW: 223.4

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in and another new month. Welcome to all the new members, you made the best decision to join the group.

This month marks my first year anniversary since joining the team in August last year. Where has the time gone? It is motivating to think of the aspect of where started in weight loss journey and ended up the following year. I'm pleased to say I'm not where I started or higher as I'm currently 36 pounds lighter than back then. Thank you all for your support over the past year.

I have been yoyoing between similar numbers in the 220's for atleast a month and more and so, this month I have my sights on finally getting out of the 220's. Feels like I have been in these numbers forever. Granted, TOM started yesterday so I'm unsure on my actual weight and if it will recalibrate to a lower or higher number than what it is now, but shall see.

I do wonder maybe if I was still on prep I would of been down to mid 210's or lower by now, but that is just guessing and with being off it for a month now, whilst I may lose slower, I think it definitely was the right decision to stop with it.

Going over to family for their birthday either tonight or tomorrow so food may come into play, but will try and control food aside from that so it doesn't impact this week too much hopefully.

Have a great week everyone!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    MY INTRO— hello team my name is Mari and I’m actually coming back after taking a few months off to deal with some personal issues. Since I left I’ve gained quite a bit of weight and I’m hoping that coming back here will help me either stop gaining or even better start losing again. Im still working through a lot of mental and emotional issues but I’m slowly getting back to my old self. Thank you @lindamtuck2018 for reaching out and pulling me into this amazing group. I do hope I can help our team with our weekly numbers.

@Megan_smartiepants1970. I’m So happy to be back here with you. I would like to join the step challenge for august with a daily goal of 10,000 steps. I hope I can manage this.

My goals for august week 1 are:

Track my food
    Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    Gym 4x/week at least
    10k steps daily
    2L water daily
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited August 2021
    Daily Check-in: Sunday 08/01

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✖️Gym 4x/week at least
    ✖️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    MY INTRO— hello team my name is Mari and I’m actually coming back after taking a few months off to deal with some personal issues. Since I left I’ve gained quite a bit of weight and I’m hoping that coming back here will help me either stop gaining or even better start losing again. Im still working through a lot of mental and emotional issues but I’m slowly getting back to my old self. Thank you @lindamtuck2018 for reaching out and pulling me into this amazing group. I do hope I can help our team with our weekly numbers.

@Megan_smartiepants1970. I’m So happy to be back here with you. I would like to join the step challenge for august with a daily goal of 10,000 steps. I hope I can manage this.

My goals for august week 1 are:

Track my food
    Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    Gym 4x/week at least
    10k steps daily
    2L water daily

Yay, welcome back Mari!! Glad to have you back. It feels full circle in a way that you were there when I started my journey with the team last August and now you're back on my year anniversary. Look forward to crushing this next year together as a team! Sending you best wishes💪
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Steps @Megan_smartiepants1970 =)
    • Monday 19 142
    • Tuesday 16 201
    • Wednesday 13 921
    • Thursday 9 054
    • Friday 3 938
    • Saturday 13 464
    • Sunday 16 923

Super happy with the results!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    @Poobah1972
    Hope you had a great visit! Awesome workout!

@MSWarrior7088
    Some pretty awesome steps last week!

@iradi8
    All the hiking gave you fantastic steps!

@mthomas0228
    Awesome check in!

@rwood566
    Did your Fitbit show how many calories or zone minutes you got from washing the car? I bet they were good. Great job keeping those calories low.

@mszoueb
    Happy one year! It’s been a delight having you on our team. Here’s to another year of getting healthier.

@mari_moulin
    Welcome back! Great goals!

@Piqueaboo
    Nice looking step list!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Username: MSWARRIOR7088
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 197.0

Well it doesn't surprise me....cause I ate well...lol
    Getting back on track today so next week I can lose it all again...lol
    Told my husband that we need to get back to eating healthy and exercising. We had an awesome week and I'm so glad we had a change to be by ourselves.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @Poobah1972 I think you told someone not to work the same muscles 2 days in a row. Why not, please. Does it also count for bikes, or just weights?

Hey Roger... I've been away for most the weekend. Just trying to catch up now.

Walking and cardio doesn't count as much, unless you walked a whole lot more then normal or up a mountain or something out of the usual. But generally if your Resistance training, you don't want to train more then twice a week on any given muscle group. As it takes about 3 days for your muscles to recover, and in doing so repair the damage and grow back stronger. Muscles actually getting stronger during the rest and recovery phases. And you damage them on the weight training days.

If you don't give your muscles time to recover, then you can lose gains and become weaker. Decent sleep and nutrition also plays a role... Which is why it is hard to build significant muscle mass while losing weight. Were more or less lucky just to hold onto what we have as we lose weight. And any muscle mass gains are strictly a bonus. I do think the bigger we are the easier it is though to build muscle mass while losing weight, since our bodies have the ability to use our own fat stores to satisfy most of our calorie needs and thus can use food intake more to assist in muscle recovery. (Just a theory, though). ;)
  • Poobah1972
    Saturday check in

✅Steps
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Exercise
    ❌Reminders 6/8

I was playing games with grandkids and just missed the last 2 reminders. No excuse as I was really too lazy to do them. The sleep is weird as since started swimming I have struggled with my sleep. I must be adjusting to new exercise.

My pool workout was amazing yesterday. I researched water exercises online. The first 12 minutes were so intense that I was ready to give up. I was able to keep my heart rate in cardio level for the entire time. Today I will just be swimming as my grandkids are here and I want to spend time with them.

Happy Sunday

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps

Swimming
    26 minutes

Water workout
    12 minutes intense
    22 minutes moderate

Sounds like a great sunday Linda... My and my fiance had an amazing day as well. :) (Lazy mind you... lol)
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 145.0
    CW:

@lindamtuck2018 since I am the only person who weighs on Sunday, can I move my weigh in day to Tuesday? Would you like to use this weight for this week or Aug. 3, weight for this week? I weigh every day so will have data either way. Thanks.

Phenomenal weight in! Congratulations! :)
    Introduction— hi everyone. I’m jpedno and happy to join this group. I’m in New Mexico and I deal with some chronic health issues. I’m petite (5’) but weight has crept up as I’ve gotten older, especially in the last 4 years or so as I turned 40 last year and been on and off steroids and other medicines.

My goals are:
    Track my food!
    Go to a class at the gym at least 3x a week.
    10k steps 5 out of 7 days.

I’m headed to a yoga class in a few minutes so that will be a good start to August!

Hello Jpedno, welcome to the Team! 😊
  • Poobah1972
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Hell o everyone first check in and intro. I am Tammy. 51yo married for 30 years. 3 grown kids and 1 granddaughter. Been on this journey in earnest the past 4 years. I have lost 60ish pounds and have gone from a size 24 to 14 us sizes.
    My goals this month are to:
    1. Log every lick, bite and morsel.
    2. walk at least 2 days a week
    3. hit the gym for crossfit or lifting 2 days a week
    4. aerial yoga 1 day a week and 1 day to rest
    5. acquire at minimum 6000 steps a day
    Weigh In Day:Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight):223
    CW (Current Weight):220

Great stuff... I'm excited to keep an Eye on your training days (If you post it up). I love to lift heavy too. ;)

Already on page 2! haha

Hi everyone! Happy to be here for another month!

My name is Tanya, I'm 33, originally from Liverpool, England- now living in Toronto, Canada!

I live here with my partner of 7 years and our 3 kitties!

I've been a member of F2F since November and I've been so grateful for the support and Iove I've got from everyone here! I'm down around 90lb from my highest weight. I did well up until January, losing about 50lb in 3 months but then things started to slow down due to some health issues.

2021 has been pretty unfortunate with my health- I had gallstones at the beginning of the year and had surgery eventually. Then, after being back at work for 2 months, I tore my meniscus so I'm off for another month! Ugh. It also means my exercise is limited. I love dancing with my wii fit, but right now that's on hold. I'm going to start walking in the next little while and continuing with my physio exercises.

I ended up having a "whoops" week last week and gained a lot- so even though I'll probably have a huge loss this week, that's mostly going to be water I'm sure. But I would love to get under 280lb by the end of August.

I started losing weight with the expectation to lose literally 200lb. So the fact that I'm nearly half way there makes me so happy!

As well as working when I'm physically able, I am currently in my first year doing a BA in Psychology. I'm doing it all online so learning how to keep a schedule and keep attention is difficult. I have left things to the last minute and for this month alone I have 2 assignments, 1 quiz and 2 final exams to do- so if I'm not here much, I'll have my head in the books, so to speak.

To anyone new here- welcome!! This is a really great group. Chime in as little or as much as you like! We are here for each other- through the good, bad, and the ugly! This is totally a non-judgement space so no need to feel like you can't share anything!

Welcome back Tanya! Here's to a super second half of the year for you and all your loved ones! :D
This discussion has been closed.