Trimstones - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    ssssseika wrote: »
    @JoDavo66 , I usually eat tofu as raw with lettuce, cucumber, and seaweed.
    (I am Japanese, and that's how I have been eating it this way ever since I was little.)
    I would say it can be boiled before topping it on the veggies.
    I would recommend you with any type of Asian Dressing (especially sesame seed dressing) with it!

I've not thought of putting it on top of veggies- I have an idea of a "hot salad" (microwave steamed green veg) with oven baked tofu on top. I love seasame seeds- that dressing sounds ideal. I'll be looking out for that. We have a Chinese Community in Durham (UK) and Teikyo University has 2 Halls of Residence as part of the University here so there are some great Asian cafes & supermarkets.
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @Waifer003 What do you have for steps for Jul 31st please?

@JoDavo66 Do you have any steps for Jul 18-25th?

Jess

Hi Jessica
    July 31
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8- the July dates were the week I was isolating, on special diet, in hospital & recovering- those were the ones I didn't count- didn't have fitbit on for some of the days.

Steps for
    5th: 7,499
    6th: 10,056.

I had asked you about the 3rd and you made a joke, but I really need to know your steps for the 3rd please. Thanks! Look at the chart and help me make sense of the holes please. Jess
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    August 6
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Aug 5: 8234
    Aug 6: 9507 plus workout, getting there lol 🏃‍♀️
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    ssssseika wrote: »
    @JoDavo66 , I usually eat tofu as raw with lettuce, cucumber, and seaweed.
    (I am Japanese, and that's how I have been eating it this way ever since I was little.)
    I would say it can be boiled before topping it on the veggies.
    I would recommend you with any type of Asian Dressing (especially sesame seed dressing) with it!

I've not thought of putting it on top of veggies- I have an idea of a "hot salad" (microwave steamed green veg) with oven baked tofu on top. I love seasame seeds- that dressing sounds ideal. I'll be looking out for that. We have a Chinese Community in Durham (UK) and Teikyo University has 2 Halls of Residence as part of the University here so there are some great Asian cafes & supermarkets.

had a veggie salad with tofu whilst in Montenegro last month. Was with steamed vegetables, peanut butter mayo and grilled tofu. It was yumm and super filling 👍
    Never really liked (or knew how to handle rather) tofu before #converted

Though in Turkey now, and tofu is super expensive here 🤯 I think I'll save recipe ideas til back the UK
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 129.2
    CW 130

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    Just looked at last weeks chart
    PW 129.4
    CW 130.
    Every little point helps 🤣🤣
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Sorry
    Just looked at last weeks chart
    PW 129.4
    CW 130.
    Every little point helps 🤣🤣

@izzyred9400 I think you're doing really great at handling "maintenance"...I'm so proud of what you've accomplished! You should post a before/after pic if you're comfortable doing so...if it were me, I think I'd be taking pictures every day! LOL! Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Dillyg08
    Friday weigh in
    PW 194
    CW 194
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 233.2
    CW 234.4
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Here's this week's THIS or THAT! Please use the original chart below and highlight your answers. Also, choose ONLY ONE answer for each one...no BOTH or NEITHER responses! If any of the entries leave you with a thought or a story to share, please do so.

ga1aufty5gl9.jpg

p29seaga3e5z.png

Enjoy! Can't wait to read your stories this week!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Way to maintain @dillyg08 !

Great loss @DreaRN15 !! Glad you had a good time this week and it paid off! Remember, you can also walk indoors...even in place, while watching tv or to music...there are also tons of walk videos on YouTube you can do under your air conditioning...it's all about moving, as you proved this week! Anyway congrats on the great results!

@CasandraW Just a teensy gain...you can turn that right around this week! What's your plan? Got a tip for the rest of us too?

Hope everyone has a wonderful #Caturday !
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Saturday, August 07
    • Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes deskbike
    • Net calories: 1164
    • Vitamins: Yes
    Ramblings of the day
    I am going to try to post daily here. I don't currently have any new habits I want to work on, so these will be fairly short. I had a pretty nice day, enjoyed playing a lot of FF14. I got a headache, took some pills, and went to bed for an hour. Most of it was gone after that thankfully.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2021
    Options

My "This or That" for this week...

lscuczholtue.png

Gardening vs Yoga...not sure I could handle either, but I do remember my mom loving to put out her flowers every spring...it was an entire day of going to Smit's Greenhouse, picking everything out, then setting up the pots for the back patio area, the two for each side of the front porch (my father had made her permanent pots and she switched out the flowers for the seasons) and then there were usually a few plants made up to take to "decorate the graves" at the cemetery and one or two to give to others or take to church. She so looked forward to that and planned it out meticulously. She was good with planting...I'm really not and I hate getting my hands dirty. I just enjoyed seeing mom happy and in her element. Of course the time spent together is the best part of those memories...at the time, I remember really disliking having to help with it but now I'd give my right arm to do it again with her. With my knee and ankle issues, yoga would be impossible.

Jessica
  • JoDavo66
    Options

I had asked you about the 3rd and you made a joke, but I really need to know your steps for the 3rd please. Thanks! Look at the chart and help me make sense of the holes please. Jess
    I don't have steps for that week in July.
    3rd- 8077 (that's where I got date wrong)
    4th is 7,261
    I managed to give the wrong dates for the steps.
    Sorry I wasn't clear.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    Had some relaxing time today after seriously busy week. Deep cleaned everything in 5 days- a few little jobs to do that I couldn't reach. Hubbie got our little bathroom & our bedroom painted. I haven't worked out how to log those calories so hoping they will just add in to the ones from steps & gym.
    Got myself a mani-pedi for some "self-love".
This discussion has been closed.