Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ....I hope everyone is doing well ....As for me I was working out yesterday on my home gym... I was only able to do it for 25 minutes because all of a sudden I got nauseous (this isn't the 1st time this has happen) ...I took a shower after I cooled down and slept most of the afternoon away... I feel fine today and we are about to go on our walk...

I hope you get through your walk without getting nauseous.

I did ...it seems it only happens when I use my home gym ..I had the fan on like usual so I don't know what happened ... we found a new walking trail today so we took that ... we walked 5.78 miles in 133 minutes with a calorie burn of 710 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @littleflutterby , @mthomas0228 and @Jpedno for being our top 3 weight loss losers ...Congrats :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/7 4,380
    8/8 4,253
    8/9 16,377

Fitbit wasn’t fully charged on sat/sun so recorded steps were low :( yesterday had a mom and daughter back to school shopping day.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    PW 287.8
    CW 286.2

LTD 88.8

I'm getting back down there! More of an update when I get on my computer :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/9: 19,508
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    PW 287.8
    CW 286.2

LTD 88.8

Whooo Hooo.. Moving in the right direction. :smiley:
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Username: tahm42
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 220
    CW (Current Weight): 223

I am tracking and eating at deficit. I do have inflammation though and soreness from pushing new high weights and also new exercises. I know excuses but I am doing all the things... Body just don't seem to follow.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/8: 9549
    8/9: 14482

Yesterday I did headstand hold for 1:20 My elbow was a little tweeky and required TLC. Today I will get my booty on the elliptical and run.

You know that weight gain is a badge of honor... Hard work does that. You'll woosh down the road. Great work.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For Monday 8/9

Calories: Within Allotted Range (Restaurant dinner, made the right choices, stayed on plan)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 18 hours fasting
    AF: No, 1 glass of wine, For the month 8/9 days AF
    Exercise: 2 Mile Walk

Went on a walk on my lunch hour yesterday and then planned to do some arm weights but time got away from me, will have to do those today after my run. In other news, I'm an everyday weigher and the scale has been stuck on the exact same number since Friday, but it finally moved today and I am back in the 170's!!! Never thought I would be so happy to see 170 something on the scale! Still a long way to go, but this was a mental thing for me, I NEEDED to be out of the 180s.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/9 Steps = 11,132

Restaurant meal and on plan. That’s a big win! Yay for movement.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Happy tuesday.

Check in for 8/9:
    Steps - 4378. Didn't wear my watch most of the day so I did a quick stroll late last night.
    Calories - 1550. I have been fighting an urge to eat a large dessert to get up by my allotted calorie limit.
    Exercise - none. Hope for the gym today since it is very muggy.

Nice steps and calories. Enjoy the gym.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ....I hope everyone is doing well ....As for me I was working out yesterday on my home gym... I was only able to do it for 25 minutes because all of a sudden I got nauseous (this isn't the 1st time this has happen) ...I took a shower after I cooled down and slept most of the afternoon away... I feel fine today and we are about to go on our walk...

I hope you get through your walk without getting nauseous.

I did ...it seems it only happens when I use my home gym ..I had the fan on like usual so I don't know what happened ... we found a new walking trail today so we took that ... we walked 5.78 miles in 133 minutes with a calorie burn of 710 :)
    Terrific walk!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps
    8/7 4,380
    8/8 4,253
    8/9 16,377

Fitbit wasn’t fully charged on sat/sun so recorded steps were low :( yesterday had a mom and daughter back to school shopping day.

You got lots of steps yesterday while shopping and made memories with your daughter. Great day!

PW 287.8
    CW 286.2

LTD 88.8

Nice loss Tanya! How you enjoying the humidity?

Steps 8/9: 19,508

Killer steps!

tahm42 wrote: »
    Username: tahm42
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 220
    CW (Current Weight): 223

I am tracking and eating at deficit. I do have inflammation though and soreness from pushing new high weights and also new exercises. I know excuses but I am doing all the things... Body just don't seem to follow.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/8: 9549
    8/9: 14482

Yesterday I did headstand hold for 1:20 My elbow was a little tweeky and required TLC. Today I will get my booty on the elliptical and run.

Sounds like it’s definitely from the weights and exercises. That is so cool doing a headstand. Are you working toward a certain time for holding the handstand?
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Turned out to be a busy couple of days. Sunday morning I took my son to the store to pick out a gift for his friend. Then back home for coffee, then off to the consignment sale for half price day. Found more school clothes for my son. Had just enough time to scarf down lunch and then head to the birthday party. It was for a 6 year old and was at a trampoline place, my son had a blast. Yesterday I was planning on watching my nieces like normal but my brother's place of work flooded so he couldn't go in. He came over and spent the day with us instead. They didn't head home until almost 10pm. So, I got nothing done lol. Today has been mostly about putting my house back together.

Steps
    8/8 3599
    8/9 3512
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Well done Downsizers! On the leaderboard again!

Congrats to our top 3 weight losers for the week
    @littleflutterby
    @mthomas0228
    @Jpedno

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Tracking is going ok but not great. I need to reign it in a bit more.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/6: 4331
    8/7: 6902
    8/8: 3152
    8/9: 6369
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 08/10

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/08 - 13,162
    08/09 - 12,405
    08/10 - 11,206

Happy Hump Day 🐪 FitFam!!

Just got home from a 5k jog in my little village. Those hills kill me but then running downhill is awesome lol. Feel like the flash ⚡️ 😂.

Anywho. Busy day with appointments today so I better get a move on.

Blessed day Fam. 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    a9p7zad5nsex.jpeg

Fearless Motivation - I am a different Breed.

https://youtu.be/oen-owWugNY
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Tracking is going ok but not great. I need to reign it in a bit more.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/6: 4331
    8/7: 6902
    8/8: 3152
    8/9: 6369

Getting the tracking down pat is a great accomplishment. Take it in baby steps.

Jpedno wrote: »
    I don't have covid!!! Test results were negative. I've got a gross cough but just so thankful it is not covid! Now I can get back to the gym etc.

8/9 steps 3939

Been staying within my calorie goal despite feeling sick which is a huge win. When I get sick I typically eat a whole box of crackers.
    That’s great news. I hope you cough gets better quickly.

Daily Check-in: Tuesday 08/10

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/08 - 13,162
    08/09 - 12,405
    08/10 - 11,206

Happy Hump Day 🐪 FitFam!!

Just got home from a 5k jog in my little village. Those hills kill me but then running downhill is awesome lol. Feel like the flash ⚡️ 😂.

Anywho. Busy day with appointments today so I better get a move on.

Blessed day Fam. 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    a9p7zad5nsex.jpeg

Fearless Motivation - I am a different Breed.

Nice work! Have a great day!

jayenguk wrote: »
    Username: jayenguk
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 286.7
    CW (Current Weight): 282.2

Awesome loss!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    WHoooo HOoooo Wednesday! 😋

Okay truth be told, I could go back to sleep right now. But I still need to work for a paycheck unfortunately.... 😆

I pretty much posted my food log last night, logged off and didn't even say good night. (sorry guys). We watched an episode of Ted Lasso (Great show by the way), and I was in bed by 8am. 81 sleep score, even though i did wake up at 4am, and decided to stay up.

I pulled a Willie Nelson, and decided to get on the road again! 😁 Seeing as I had more time, I figured why not see what's out there beyond the small little community in which I've been doing laps. 😎

I was pretty sure the route I would take, but I really didn't know how long it would be or how long it would take me. Turns out it was 2 miles almost on the dot. I didn't slog, I just kept up a steady pace, and while it took a while for my heart rate to get up, I eventually hit enough hills that eventually I got my sweat on. Now that I know the route and time, I can add to it if need be and time allowing. 👍😃

Almost forgot, didn't use the knee wraps and knees were fine. Might be a little stiff later. But I think they will be fine. 😀🤠

Mission accomplished!!!

Tonight, is Chest/Triceps/ and a little shoulder.... I've decided to spare everyone the blow by blow... I'll just gloss over things of interest and continue post up the Heart Rate burn... 😛🙃

Have a fantastic day my friends. 🤗🤗🤗🤓👍

qqovqtqsb4vr.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in

✅ Steps
    ❌ Sleep
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌ Reminders 7/8

I had a great swim yesterday. I really feel it in my shoulders today. I walked to massage and got drenched but at least there was no thunderstorms. Even though it was a great massage it was a high pain day for me. Darn back! I woke up with a headache this morning but I won’t let this stop me. I have clothes in the wash and I am going to vacuum in a few minutes. Today I get to swim laps and do my water workout. It’s funny, swimming maybe great exercise but it relaxes me at the same time. My next investment is going to be headphones I can wear in the water while doing my laps. I want to get something decent.

Happy Hump Day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Swim
    25 minutes moderate
This discussion has been closed.