Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

1192022242540

Replies

  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning everyone. Welcome to pre-weekend. Let the festivities commence. with it also being the 13th things may get crazy. Just roll with them and smile.

    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 286.8
    CW: 286.2. -0.6

    I will take it gladly. I spent the week recovering from a 4 lb bounce last weekend. It was my first daily gain in 14 days.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    8/12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 96oz
    Steps 15514
    Exercise 2 - 3mile loops at lake

    Dad and I met at the lake yesterday morning. We were going to do 5 miles but then it became an unexpected babysitting day so I had to cut it to the 3 so I'd be back home in time for my nieces to be dropped off. We were disappointed so dad's like "maybe we can walk another 3 tonight". Went home just in time for drop off, watched the kids all day. It was so nice out they spent quite a bit of time outside off and on which was great. Then at 7pm I met both my parents for another walk! 6.4 miles total.

    Today we are going to my friend's house for a play date and dinner, they just got a new trampoline for their kids. They are planning on pizza, not sure if she meant ordered or homemade. Either way, my plan is to not eat more than 2 pieces!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,036 Member
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day - Friday
    PW: 214.4
    CW: 214.4 ( Loss 0)
    LTD: 55 lbs
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Thank you! I think I can! :)

    And your Welcome, god knows we can all use a little pat on the back from time to time. My pleasure in fact!

    NOW....

    The faint of heart might want to divert your eyes. Cause its time to Flex. 💪🤠

    m76pjne7t0ed.jpg

    And yeah... I'm having some fun. (And I have to admit this picture impressed me... Huh. Pretty kewl stuff.) lol

    Those are some impressive guns you got there! Well done! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited August 2021
    @lindamtuck2018 - I woke up EARLY or maybe didn’t sleep last night due to a migraine and completely forgot to weigh. I will post my weight tomorrow.

    This week was not great. I am letting stress at work and my kids after school schedule to cause convenience and stress eating which is never good. I have to get the upper hand on this as I have gained back over 10lbs from my low and my 12s are beginning to get snug. I need to reread Becks Diet Solution to get my head back in the game.

    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - below are my steps for the last week. I will do better this week!

    8/6: 4331
    8/7: 6902
    8/8: 3152
    8/9: 6369
    8/10: 6825
    8/11: 4735
    8/12: 5002
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,295 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 No worries about the over due thing I just didn't want it missed. The handstands are a part of my cross fit class. He uses them like planks. I would prefer not but my childhood gymnastics came back to me but so did the PTSD. I broke my wrists when I was 10ish trying to learn how to do a round off back handspring. So for me to do this is helping me conquer my fears and gain confidence. The first time we did it I just did it and the body remembered but then I got confident and tried it on my own and tweeked my elbow. I am now forcing myself to continue doing them to get over the fear.

    Work out this morning is called Forge. AMRAP 1)100 meter run. 2) 3 55# power snatches. 3)5 overhead squats. 4) 7 burpees.
    Strength was 10 minute EMOM 1 hang snatch and 1 power snatch my load was 65#

    Loose shoulders and joints just make me have to be careful and slow. So I was 1 amrap less than the average. The run and burpees always get me. Not my favorites. They tend to get my asthma and vertigo going so yeah I take it slow. I know my spirit animal is a manta ray/ dolphin but on land I am a sloth. I really need to find a pool!!!
    @Poobah1972 Thanks for the badge of honor reminder. Strength training always does that. Today I am back down of course!!!

    Everyone have a great day and weekend. Remember its Friday the 13th!!! Usually a lucky day for me but I won't jinx myself.

    Scares the living daylights out of me watching the girls doing cheer. I am not surprised you broke your wrists or my granddaughter injured herself. I am glad she is too tall to fly now as my stomach dropped every time I watched her. That sounds like an intense workout. I had to google all of it but wow. I love the pool. It is easy on the joints and my back. Hope you can find one.

    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/10 1,058
    8/11 2,603
    8/12 5,904

    Okay, sorry for being MIA the last couple weeks, I was traveling to my Mom's and my whole routine was upended. I am back home finally and getting back on track. Tomorrow will show a gain so sorry about that team.

    My steps were awful while I was away, we did not get out and walk much. I need to get that going again now that I am home.

    Don’t be sorry about a gain. Travelling makes keeping a routine hard.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,295 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Welcome to pre-weekend. Let the festivities commence. with it also being the 13th things may get crazy. Just roll with them and smile.

    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 286.8
    CW: 286.2. -0.6

    I will take it gladly. I spent the week recovering from a 4 lb bounce last weekend. It was my first daily gain in 14 days.

    Congrats on your loss! It’s .6 of a pound closer to your goal.

    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 96oz
    Steps 15514
    Exercise 2 - 3mile loops at lake

    Dad and I met at the lake yesterday morning. We were going to do 5 miles but then it became an unexpected babysitting day so I had to cut it to the 3 so I'd be back home in time for my nieces to be dropped off. We were disappointed so dad's like "maybe we can walk another 3 tonight". Went home just in time for drop off, watched the kids all day. It was so nice out they spent quite a bit of time outside off and on which was great. Then at 7pm I met both my parents for another walk! 6.4 miles total.

    Today we are going to my friend's house for a play date and dinner, they just got a new trampoline for their kids. They are planning on pizza, not sure if she meant ordered or homemade. Either way, my plan is to not eat more than 2 pieces!

    What a great day!

    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Thank you! I think I can! :)

    And your Welcome, god knows we can all use a little pat on the back from time to time. My pleasure in fact!

    NOW....

    The faint of heart might want to divert your eyes. Cause its time to Flex. 💪🤠

    m76pjne7t0ed.jpg

    And yeah... I'm having some fun. (And I have to admit this picture impressed me... Huh. Pretty kewl stuff.) lol

    Put those guns away!

    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day - Friday
    PW: 214.4
    CW: 214.4 ( Loss 0)
    LTD: 55 lbs
    Holding steady is good.

    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 - I woke up EARLY or maybe didn’t sleep last night due to a migraine and completely forgot to weigh. I will post my weight tomorrow.

    This week was not great. I am letting stress at work and my kids after school schedule to cause convenience and stress eating which is never good. I have to get the upper hand on this as I have gained back over 10lbs from my low and my 12s are beginning to get snug. I need to reread Becks Diet Solution to get my head back in the game.

    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - below are my steps for the last week. I will do better this week!

    8/6: 4331
    8/7: 6902
    8/8: 3152
    8/9: 6369
    8/10: 6825
    8/11: 4735
    8/12: 5002

    Take it slow. One goal at a time. You had great success with the Becks Diet Solution so reading sounds like a great idea.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Steps 8/12: 17,023
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    b]Check-in for:[/b] Friday, August 13

    Calories:
    Protein :
    Water (90oz):
    Row 2x/wk: ✅❔
    Steps >5000:
    Good day streak: 1

    Taking a one day at a time philosophy and tracking my "good day streak". Today is hopefully the fist of many :)

    Tomorrow is a busy day. I feel like an Uber driver for my kids and my shift tomorrow looks pretty full. Need to eat a good breakfast and bring water and a snack to dance.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Friday Night! Let's party! lol 😃

    Alright... A few fun things happening.

    I've actually started an Instagram account, because I was forced by the sheer laws of physics and such. Now I don't know what the hell I'm doing on Instagram or how to use it. But if any of you would like to reach out and follow me, your certainly welcome. And if you do, you will have an opportunity to see Lynn and I shout the "IRON MASTERS" chant. 🤦‍♂️😅😋

    I can be found at Poobah1972 (yes, the exact same user name I have here.).

    Alright... LEG DAY!!!

    To be completely honest.... I had better leg days. I did manage to do 265LB HB Deadlifts for 8 reps in the first set.... And I got it on video? (Hmmmm I think you can see it on Instagram)... Do bear in mind I'm in a shirt and my underwear. lol

    But set 2 I only managed 6 and then just 4 on the last one..... Ugh. My lower back just was just not up to snuff today, and I wasn't going to push it any harder than that. So, all good. 👍

    Everything else was good, but nothing exceptional... In fact, I'll be staying right where I am on everything next week. Meh. 😛

    Oh, and my burn... While great, i forgot to turn off the Fitbit for about 20 minutes again.. lol

    Alright... And now for the new Gadget Reveal.... I'm in love with them already, and I haven't actually used them yet (Just tested them). They are Called Spot Grips, and basically, they are the perfect spotter that can save my *kitten* when using Dumbbells at any position. With any luck I won't ruin my shoulder again. I'll be able to set them up at any height I want. Whether it's DB shoulder press or DB bench press. No more trying to kick them back with knee's and hope I don't hurt my back and or shoulders trying to lurch them into position. I can now start from a high position or a low position or any position in between. Working to failure is now a worry-free proposition. If I get in a position my muscles fail, and they start coming down and coming down hard. All I need to do is let go, and the weights will instantly just stop falling. No need to drop the weights to the ground and no need to try and lower the weights to the floor potentially blowing out your shoulder.

    And setup was a piece of cake.... It's practically like it belongs on the Power rack... And as an added bonus when they aren't in use, I just flip them over and hook them over the pull up they are attached too... And they are high enough I won't even hit my head on them. lol 😋

    So yeah, I'm excited about it... The darn things weight 10lbs a piece so I'll have to take that into consideration when lifting with them next Wednesday... However, I can now try going heavy on the DB Bench press without the fear. WHOOOO hooooo 😁🤗🥳🥳😃😎

    Alrighty Boy and Girls... That is a wrap.

    Good night, and sleep tight. 😃🤗💖

    3qhw6rd0hrjw.jpg
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

    PW: 168.2
    CW: 167.8

    Not much of a loss, but the right direction.

    It's been hard to drink enough lately. My toddler is super into grabbing cups, taking a couple sips ... and then purposefully pouring them out. Between her astoundingly long reach and figuring out how to climb anything (including dragging things around to use as step stools) NO PLACE IS SAFE!

    I dug out a water bottle with straw that doesn't leak much even when turned upside down and shaken. That should help.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. Hope you all are ready for a sizzling weekend. Tomorrow is bowling day and creamsicle day. Go hit the lanes and cool down afterwards. Sunday is relaxation day. Time to recover from bowling.

    Check in for 8/13:
    Steps - 2712. That many?
    Calories - 1494. I knew I was going to have an ugly dinner so I planned my other meals around it. Calorie wise it wasn't to bad, fat wise it was horrid. I handled it well.
    Exercise - not a chance. I got stabbed by the vampires and then hit the store right quick.

    I made shakes for wife and daughter and didn't even taste them. Then I wanted some fruit for dessert but my body said something more substantial. Ate a danish and a bit of jerky. My lightheartedness was in full bloom. Pulse 130 and sweating like a sauna. I hope tomorrow will be better and I can exercise.
This discussion has been closed.