Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 136.0
    CW: 136.9
    LTD: 86.5

Increased prednisone yesterday and morning and blood pressures were better. Really happy about that.

Ran into someone who works at the rec center today. Why do you always run into people when you are wearing ratty clothes? He was surprised that I was still getting skin grafts but it is what it is. We used to visit a lot after exercise as we both have health issues.

Sorry about the gain but weight should drop in a week or two. That just seems to be the pattern.

Have a great day and enjoy what's left of summer before fall begins!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    Tracked-yes
    Under calorie- yes
    Water 💦 96 ounces
    Steps 7,000
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Tracked-yes
    Under calorie- yes
    Water 💦 96 ounces
    Steps 7,000

Welcome to our team ... Would you like to join our step challenge? If so all I need from you is a step number that you plan to hit daily and for you to post your steps either daily or weekly which ever is easiest for you :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Steps 8/29 19,737
    8/30 8,877

Sunday took a long walk and yesterday spent the day doing last minute errands before school started today and visited my parents.
  • Abi2131
    Abi2131 Posts: 14 Member

✅Track food 1400 calories
    Steps 2000
    ✅1L water

Missed the steps completion.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Hey folks.

So, I've been feeling burnt out with logging. I'm just tired of thinking about it, looking stuff up etc. Any advice on how to get over that?
  • j2lee89
    j2lee89 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello all! My goals were to track and hit my kcal goal every day this week and I'm 2 for 2! The same with self care - high stress week means extra introvert care with journaling and reading. 2 days done! I've also checked in on the community tab of MFP daily. Ready for September and seeing what this month brings for change!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all are ready for yet another hump day. It seems like we just had one last week. Lol

Check in for 8/31:
    Steps - 9147. Trek around the animal park. Got video of the 9 day old baby rhino.
    Calories - 1450. Probably higher due to food at the park, but not by much.
    Exercise - 3 hours at the park. Hills, animals, 30 minute bus ride to rest my back.

Watched rhinos from 150 feet. Amazingly huge creatures.
    Going to shoot for a nice walk in the morning.
    Wednesday is "no rhyme or reason day". Go out and have a blast.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Hey folks.

So, I've been feeling burnt out with logging. I'm just tired of thinking about it, looking stuff up etc. Any advice on how to get over that?

I heard taking a week or 2 diet break helps ... then you can start fresh ...Good luck
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    edited September 2021
    Username: jayenguk
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 277.2
    CW: 272.2

Really happy with that loss this week and I even ate a carvery out! nice way to start September!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Hey folks.

I would say take a break from it. I totally understand this feeling. I’ve been there before. It will only get harder and throw you completely off if you continue on this way so just take a breather. Stop, focus on healthy habits without the counting. Exercise and make healthy choices. Drink your water and give your mind and soul some rest. Hugs to you.
    j2lee89 wrote: »
    Hello all! My goals were to track and hit my kcal goal every day this week and I'm 2 for 2! The same with self care - high stress week means extra introvert care with journaling and reading. 2 days done! I've also checked in on the community tab of MFP daily. Ready for September and seeing what this month brings for change!

Well done staying on track!! 🎉 self care is so important and we often forget that it’s also part of the journey! Thanks for the reminder ♥️

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all are ready for yet another hump day. It seems like we just had one last week. Lol

Check in for 8/31:
    Steps - 9147. Trek around the animal park. Got video of the 9 day old baby rhino.
    Exercise - 3 hours at the park. Hills, animals, 30 minute bus ride to rest my back.

I also some some Rhinosast week when I took the little one to the zoo. Impressive beasts! Enjoy your walk!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited September 2021
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 08/31

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/29 - 22,678
    08/30 - 23,722
    08/31 - 16,327

Happy Humpday team. Today is rest day for me. I actually got a good night sleep last night. It was so nice to “sleep in”. Got to bed at 9 pm and woke up at 5:45! Just had my breakfast and about to head out to walk Jax. Today is a day of appointments so it’s gonna be a lot of riding around in my car. I hope I can manage my step goal for today. Also it’s meant to get sunny this afternoon so we plan on maybe getting in the pool. Hope the water is warm.

Wishing you all a blessed day. 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    qgmy95rv9hp2.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    Shannonsto wrote: »
    I’m a little behind on posting steps...
    8/26: 12,919
    8/27: 13,077
    8/28: 13,166
    8/29: 11,378
    8/30: 10,788

Nice steps! Over 10k a day is great stepping.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 13683

Got up early and met my parents at the lake for the 3mile loop. Won't be able to do it every day like last week though, dad is traveling for work the rest of this week. Had a NSV when I got dressed after the walk and put on a pair of capri's that were too tight a month ago. My weight may not be changing much, but clearly my body still is.

Great NSV! Do you do measurements?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 136.0
    CW: 136.9
    LTD: 86.5

Increased prednisone yesterday and morning and blood pressures were better. Really happy about that.

Ran into someone who works at the rec center today. Why do you always run into people when you are wearing ratty clothes? He was surprised that I was still getting skin grafts but it is what it is. We used to visit a lot after exercise as we both have health issues.

Sorry about the gain but weight should drop in a week or two. That just seems to be the pattern.

Have a great day and enjoy what's left of summer before fall begins!

I have a pattern for weight loss too. Glad your blood pressure was good and hope that continues.

Tracked-yes
    Under calorie- yes
    Water 💦 96 ounces
    Steps 7,000

Great day for hitting goals!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 8/29 19,737
    8/30 8,877

Sunday took a long walk and yesterday spent the day doing last minute errands before school started today and visited my parents.

Nice steps! Are you weighing in today? I have you marked excused.

Abi2131 wrote: »
    ✅Track food 1400 calories
    Steps 2000
    ✅1L water

Missed the steps completion.

Two out of three ain’t bad! You will get those steps today.

Hey folks.

I agree with the others. Take a 1 or 2 week diet break where you eat at maintenance. Also, the 4 days at I was at the cottage and was mindful of what I ate was a nice break. I went straight back to weighing and logging after my little break.

j2lee89 wrote: »

Well done! Love that you do self care when it’s stressful!

rwood566 wrote: »

Check in for 8/31:

Awesome steps! The baby rhino would have been so amazing to see.
    jayenguk wrote: »
    Username: jayenguk
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 277.2
    CW: 272.2

Really happy with that loss this week and I even ate a carvery out! nice way to start September!

Fantastic loss!

Daily Check-in: Tuesday 08/31

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/29 - 22,678
    08/30 - 23,722
    08/31 - 16,327

Happy Humpday team. Today is rest day for me. I actually got a good night sleep last night. It was so nice to “sleep in”. Got to bed at 9 pm and woke up at 5:45! Just had my breakfast and about to head out to walk Jax. Today is a day of appointments so it’s gonna be a lot of riding around in my car. I hope I can manage my step goal for today. Also it’s meant to get sunny this afternoon so we plan on maybe getting in the pool. Hope the water is warm.

Wishing you all a blessed day. 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    qgmy95rv9hp2.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey

Enjoy your rest day! It is nice to get a good sleep. I didn’t last night but sure had a great sleep the night before.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Good morning everyone... 🙃

I guess I strained a something in my right foot yesterday... As it's still sore today. I was hoping it would be all healed up by this morning, but not quite yet. It's nothing serious though. But between the sore foot and the rubbery legs in general from yesterday's Walk and Squats my plan was just to take things easy.

And take it easy is what I did. 31 minutes of light intensity cardio on the Elliptical. I'm not sure if I was sleeping for the first 10 minutes on the Elliptical or my heart rate monitor wasn't working, honestly it could be I was sleeping? Maybe? lol

I'm feeling rather blah today. Meh.

Have a good day guys! 🤗😎😋

gf8schj8ju2c.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone... 🙃

I guess I strained a something in my right foot yesterday... As it's still sore today. I was hoping it would be all healed up by this morning, but not quite yet. It's nothing serious though. But between the sore foot and the rubbery legs in general from yesterday's Walk and Squats my plan was just to take things easy.

And take it easy is what I did. 31 minutes of light intensity cardio on the Elliptical. I'm not sure if I was sleeping for the first 10 minutes on the Elliptical or my heart rate monitor wasn't working, honestly it could be I was sleeping? Maybe? lol

I'm feeling rather blah today. Meh.

Have a good day guys! 🤗😎😋

gf8schj8ju2c.png

Sleeping on the elliptical, now that would be funny to see. Great job working out even with your foot being sore.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 307 Member
    Hey folks.

Ditto the earlier comments from our fellow team members - logging food is a great tool for self awareness of your eating habits just like a tracker is helpful in letting you know how much activity you're doing but if you're eating healthy and applying moderation with the occasional treat, what's the harm in taking a break? No different from taking off your fitbit on vacation to avoid a tan line - it's not like the steps never happened, you're just not tracking them.

Take a week or two off and see how it impacts your other goals - if you're comfortable with the outcome, maybe you've 'graduated' and don't need to do it anymore. If you see your weight goals slipping away you can decide whether to restart again then.

If you're not ready to go 'cold turkey' you always have some other options:
    • I find breakfast pretty easy to log since I usually have a variation of a half dozen things (Fiber One cereal with fruit, plain Greek yogurt with fruit, egg with whole grain English muffin, omelet, or last night's leftovers) - it's when I get to dinner that it's a hassle so you could try just doing the easy meals.
    • Conversely, as long as you know your breakfasts typically fall within 'the norm', just lower you daily goal to subtract that meal (and maybe lunch) and just track dinners since that may be when you have the higher sodium or calorie rich foods.
    • If you have a goal to avoid sugar, chips, ice cream, maybe just track the treats instead of the meals and set your goal accordingly so you can keep tabs on how many per week 9or how much on a given day) - sort of a way to reinforce taking it easy on those since you have to log them.
    • If your trigger is food in between meals you could just track that - say limit yourself to 200 calories a day for 'sneak food', etc.
    • You could just take a week off after your next weigh in and then set a new goal that if you maintain your weight or lose weight then you get another week off from logging. Since water weight fluctuates so much, maybe give yourself a half pound allowance or as long as you're not up 2 weeks in a row then you can continue to not log (basically - make a competition or game of it).

Good luck and please let us know what you decide to do - and if it works for you. I don't plan to log food for the rest of my life (it's not a prison sentence right?!?) but I am planning to stick with it until I hit my goal and find a way to maintain my weight ... or maybe when I get tired of it and also need a break :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Good morning from Santa Fe! We’ve got a high chance of rain today... fingers crossed... my garden loves it. I have an abundance of tomatoes just starting to ripen and my zinnias are blooming.

I’m headed to two doc appoints this morning. I do not have a plan for lunch so I am probably going to get takeout which can be a slippery slope for me. But tonight is spin class which at least gives me a little more wiggle room. I’ve been pleased with my exercise lately - my spin instructor said I’m looking more confident and strong on the bike. Yesterday I had to work late but still did my weight lifting routine at home before bed. Small successes.

Also I seem to be sleeping better! I fall asleep very easily but don’t stay asleep nor is my sleep very restful. I’ve started taking CBD oil before bed and it is really helping with staying asleep longer and waking feeling rested.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 8/31 7,171
This discussion has been closed.