TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• atareid14
    atareid14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Need to drink more water that’s what I need to do! 🤦🏽‍♀️ I am getting back into orange juice also, and energy fizz sticks, any thoughts on these? My daughter had given me a box of them which I have so far only used 2 sachets 😊 The taste replaces that of a fizzy drink if you like your can of coke now and then😊👍
  • StarfishK
    StarfishK Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I'm doing this right.... I started today as my Day 1. I have been bouncing back and forth in my cycle for too long now. Wednesdays are my normal weigh in days and today just happens to be the 1st.

So here's my stats...

StarfishK
    September 1
    Logged food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Water: not enough... this is my weakness, but I did manage to get in 2-3 cups today.
    Exercise: 30 minutes, walking
    Steps: 4189
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My weigh in Wednesday 158.0

• kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Sept. 1
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    water: 9 glasses
    Exercise: 79 minutes (cardio video, walk x2, & stretching)
    steps: 10589
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ashleymullo6195
    01/09
    Logged weight yes
    Under calories no over by 172
    Excersize no
  • atareid14
    atareid14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    user name = atareid14
    Date = Thursday September 2, 2021
    Logged in food = Yes
    Under calories = Yes
    Water = 6 cups
    Exercise = Yes cardio (20min treadmill, 10min bike, and 1/2 hour walk)
    Steps = 6518
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,567 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 1 September
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes strength and afternoon walk
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,567 Member
    Options
    @StarfishK Welcome to TBBT! :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    atareid14 wrote: »
    Need to drink more water that’s what I need to do! 🤦🏽‍♀️ I am getting back into orange juice also, and energy fizz sticks, any thoughts on these? My daughter had given me a box of them which I have so far only used 2 sachets 😊 The taste replaces that of a fizzy drink if you like your can of coke now and then😊👍

@atareid14 I have a box of energy fizz sticks in the cupboard; they are the Arbonne brand. Because they have caffeine in them, I like them for replacing an afternoon coffee when it is too hot to have a hot drink!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    StarfishK wrote: »
    I am not sure if I'm doing this right.... I started today as my Day 1. I have been bouncing back and forth in my cycle for too long now. Wednesdays are my normal weigh in days and today just happens to be the 1st.

So here's my stats...

StarfishK
    September 1
    Water: not enough... this is my weakness, but I did manage to get in 2-3 cups today.

@StarfishK A great first day, Kim! You didn't happen to weigh yourself this morning, did you? Because technically today, for you, is your week #1 weigh-in. If you didn't weigh yourself today, then you can always weigh-in tomorrow. Or, seeing as you were not "starting" until today, we can just use your registration weight as your weigh-in for today (basically just rolling it over for this week). Let me know what you want to do.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    gamommy2 wrote: »
    My weigh in Wednesday 158.0

@gamommy2 Holding steady for when you are ready to jump back in again!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Sept. 1
    water: 9 glasses
    Exercise: 79 minutes (cardio video, walk x2, & stretching)
    steps: 10589

@kristiekay1962 A great looking day!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Ashleymullo6195
    01/09
    Logged weight yes
    Excersize no

@ashleymullo6195 You seem to be just a little over in calories each day. Maybe you can still lose weight eating this amount? A few weekly weigh-ins will soon let you know. And just to clarify, the "logging" part means to log your food into myfitnesspal, (presumably, since you are here), but it could also be some other form of keeping track of the "calories in" part of the equation. No one is asking you to weigh yourself every day, unless you want to! Some people find that helps to keep them accountable, and/or to generate a lot of weight data so they can see trends develop.
  • ashleymullo6195
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Ashleymullo6195
    01/09
    Logged weight yes
    Excersize no

@ashleymullo6195 You seem to be just a little over in calories each day. Maybe you can still lose weight eating this amount? A few weekly weigh-ins will soon let you know. And just to clarify, the "logging" part means to log your food into myfitnesspal, (presumably, since you are here), but it could also be some other form of keeping track of the "calories in" part of the equation. No one is asking you to weigh yourself every day, unless you want to! Some people find that helps to keep them accountable, and/or to generate a lot of weight data so they can see trends develop.

Thankyou I suppose it might work even being over by a small ammount
    I'll stick to the 1.200 but if I go over a little bit as you say i might still loose weight so I'll see if I still keep loosing going over and least I know I can eat a tiny bit more and yes sorry I meant I've logged my food not my weight lol thankyou so much
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 09/01
    Username: Murdog3t
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 1045
    Water: 128

Just for today : 09/02, keto day 1, 7000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read 2 chapters📚, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, plank 3 mins, PT , BBD, darebee stronger today level 1

Yesterday: 09/01, keto day 1👍🏻, 7000steps🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 20hr IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👎🏻, read 2 chapters📚👍🏻, Daily calm👍🏻, walk 30 min👍🏻, sleep 8 hr👎🏻, plank 3 mins👍🏻, PT 👍🏻, PVD👍🏻, pyramid 🏋️‍♀️ 👍🏻
  • ashleymullo6195
    Options
    Ashleymullo6195

Messed up had a binge eating everything in sight had the most stressful day and it's not an exsuse but I give in to the binge
    Only on week 1 of the challenege and messed up already what a joke I am
    Tmoz will start again and be upset over tbh is for days over it once again
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Still mixing things up. Since I'm now seated at a desk from 7AM - 4PM every day, and then home with my own kids every evening, I'm trying to find ways to use my lunch breaks or evening hours (after kids' bedtime) to exercise.

I tried belly dancing yesterday. Meh. Cardio drumming was fun though, but the spousal unit tantrumed about me using a pair of his old drumsticks.

Today, I tried the regular ol' dancey workout for the Game of Thrones challenge punishment. Double meh.
    Then I tried a hip hop workout. Triple meh.
    Then I tried a kickboxing one. It wasn't so bad, honestly. It's still not my favorite, but it wasn't bad. And it also reminded me that I can also throw in things like using my Bosu ball, which I packed away after I became more comfortable on my SUP board.

I still miss biking, but with all this flooding, the gravel and mountain biking trails I usually ride on are just...well, it's heartbreaking to see all these photos of my favorite riding trails, just absolutely inaccessible and destroyed. Sigh. I'm beginning to realize that maybe I'm more of an adrenaline-oriented active person (even at 48yo!). I like intense mountain biking, whitewater kayaking, endurance gravel biking, mountain climbing, and kickboxing. Weird. Enlightening.

I also had to do a pyramid-type challenge for the Hogwarts challenge, and that wasn't so bad either. And then I got to design my own, which was even FUNNER (yes, I know it's not a real word, but it felt right!). For those interested, you go up the pyramid, then back down (so start at the 10s, move up each step to the 60, then move back down to the 10s again.

Mine was:

10 sweep-squat-kicks
    20 uppercuts (both sides)
    30 jab, cross, hook, uppercut
    40 squats with knee drives
    50 front kick-back kicks
    60 second plank with shoulder taps

I've been doing stretching for 10 minutes each in bed when I first wake up, and stretching for 10 minutes before i go to sleep. It seems to help me ease into/out of my day. I'll do some weight-lifting this evening and maybe some yoga this evening with the kids as they wind down from their first week of school.

These two challenges together are certainly keeping me hopping, but they've also forced me to get creative in how/when I can get in my cardio/flex/strength, and that's pretty awesome!

How is everyone else doing?
  • StarfishK
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

So here's my stats...

StarfishK
    September 1

@StarfishK A great first day, Kim! You didn't happen to weigh yourself this morning, did you? Because technically today, for you, is your week #1 weigh-in. If you didn't weigh yourself today, then you can always weigh-in tomorrow. Or, seeing as you were not "starting" until today, we can just use your registration weight as your weigh-in for today (basically just rolling it over for this week). Let me know what you want to do.

@HASWLRS I did weigh myself yesterday. I weighed in at 280lbs :neutral:
  • StarfishK
    Options

So here's my stats...

StarfishK
    September 1

September 2
    Under Calories:
    Water: better than yesterday, approximately 70 ounces
    Exercise: 60 minutes at the gym, elliptical, ST, maybe another walk tonight but not sure yet.
    Steps: at this point, 4772 steps...
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday September 2, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 9,965
This discussion has been closed.