Shrinking Assets - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Ashleymullo6195
    Weigh day week 1 - 11st 3lb
    Stayed the same didn't gain or loose
    Had a binge and eat alot on thrusday night

If you don’t mind, please post in lbs. our spreadsheet is set up on lbs and I’m a product of the US public school system. 🤣
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Ahh I changed it underneath that to sataday instead just had a look

I’ll see that it gets changed to Saturday
  • Beka3695
    Jazzadesigns
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 219.2 (-0.6) 8/31/21

@Beka3695 saw your weigh in reminder. Saturday is my weigh in day so I planned on posting tomorrow. Not sure if I missed one or not. Thanks!

You are good! Just posting it a day ahead.
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Ashleymullo6195
    04/09
    Logged food - yes
    Excersize - yes
    Under cal - no over by 68
  • partaz
    partaz Posts: 9 Member
    Username: Partaz
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:223.6
    CW:223.4
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    edited September 2021
    Why do so few of the new members of the team ever actually get around to posting their weekly weights? Did they leave MFP? Gain weight and are too embarrassed to post? Did they forget that they joined the group? Theories? I am always pleased to see new members joining and then disappointed that so many of them are never heard from again. I would make such a bad moderator, as I would find that so frustrating to deal with. Kudos to the nice moderators!

Pat
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Yesterday's weigh in which came up a little heavier than expected however you can't have big wins every week!

22/08/21 - 247.7...
    29/08/21 - 242.1...(5.6)
    05/09/21 - 240.3...(1.8)

It is looking like another beautiful day out there!
  • ashleymullo6195
    Ashleymullo6195
    Excersize yes
    Logged food yes
    Under calories yes
    Weigh day sataday
    Starting weight 11 St 3lb
  • ashleymullo6195
    Ashleymullo6195
    Excersize yes
    Logged food yes
    Under calories yes
    Starting weight 11st 3lb
    Sataday weigh in
    Good luck everyone
    Drink more water
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    chublet25 wrote: »
    Why do so few of the new members of the team ever actually get around to posting their weekly weights? Did they leave MFP? Gain weight and are too embarrassed to post? Did they forget that they joined the group? Theories? I am always pleased to see new members joining and then disappointed that so many of them are never heard from again. I would make such a bad moderator, as I would find that so frustrating to deal with. Kudos to the nice moderators!

Pat

I obviously can’t speak for others, but based on my experience of once joining a different weight loss challenge/team here on MFP, here were my reasons for failing to actually show up:
    - after joining, I found the rules and practices of the group were too complicated and I didn’t have the energy to figure them out
    - I had joined on a ”maybe this will give me a push of motivation” type of whim - these groups will not give you that push, at least not initially. You need to be motivated to begin with.
    - I had no prior connection to anyone in that group

Compared to this, I had actually formed a connection with Beka beforehand through the open forums and chatted with her a little, so there was the added pressure of not letting down the person who personally invited me to the team :smile: Based on my experience, if we wanted to really make sure all the newcomers stick with us and find their place in the team, maybe we could consider assigning a ”team buddy” to everyone to make sure they know what they’re supposed to be doing with weigh-ins and to have someone to chat with about their struggles. It would be a lot of work and require lots of volunteers, though.
This discussion has been closed.