Replies

• chrissyiojijoij
    chrissyiojijoij Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Hi @chrissyiojijoij - you are a person of few words! :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hi, @Jem594
    Welcome to larger losers!
    That is one annoying start to your weightloss journey! But, wow, do I love your honesty.
    There are some great posts here - lots to learn - and some wonderfully supportive people.
    See you around in the various threads.
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Jem594
    Welcome to larger losers!
    That is one annoying start to your weightloss journey! But, wow, do I love your honesty.
    There are some great posts here - lots to learn - and some wonderfully supportive people.
    See you around in the various threads.

thank you, looking forward to chatting and losing!!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members to Larger Losers….lots of great information here….we are a small but dedicated bunch and all in different stages of our journeys…join in anywhere, post your progress and ask questions!…MFP has changed my life!
  • jsmh2
    jsmh2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie too. Today is my second day and I found this group. I have already lost 75 lbs. on own and then just lost all motivation and willpower. Thank goodness I didn't gain anything. I have this medical condition that at the moment is fixed, but I have no idea how long it will last. To get it permanently fixed I need to lose at least 41 more. Then I still have another 70 after that. So for those of you keeping track, I started at 366, am currently at 291, need to get down to 250 to have the procedure and would like to finish this journey around 180 or maybe a little less. So this is the start of my new life. I feel good about it and with that, I am going to bed. Good night!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hi @imgonnadoit123 and @jsmh2 just popped in for a quick check in this morning - but want to say "welcome" to you both.

Will check in again (with more time) later today. Come look around.
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m doing okay. I kept under my calorie limit even while watching football on tv today which is a first. How are you?
  • GatorHfx
    GatorHfx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Used MFP to lose 297lbs a few years ago.

Some health issues and covid lockdowns have seen me being less active and motivated as i should have been and slid backwards a fair bit.

Been back for a few weeks getting back the focus needed to succeed.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for buddies. MFP works!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm doing well @imgonnadoit123 . glad you "won" the football watching game!

Welcome @GatorHfx - 297lbs!!!! - what a feat that is. You can slide forward again (though it isn't really much of a "slide" going in that direction, unfortunately :( )

See you gents around the threads. Come join me in the daily check-in, where you basically come up with any specific goals you want to work on, and check in everyday to report your successes...(or chagrin...)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    GatorHfx wrote: »
    Hi all,

Used MFP to lose 297lbs a few years ago.

Some health issues and covid lockdowns have seen me being less active and motivated as i should have been and slid backwards a fair bit.

Been back for a few weeks getting back the focus needed to succeed.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for buddies. MFP works!

I don't think I've ever come across anyone who has lost that much more than me (192 pounds). 297? That is freaking impressive!!!!!!!!! well done, even with a bit of backslide!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi! 👋

Someone left the back door unlocked, so I snuck in to check out the group. In 2018 and 2019, I lost 65 lbs, regained some during the height of the pandemic stress, and lost that but am working on another 35ish lbs.

I really have no goal weight in mind — my ultimate goal is to land somewhere reasonable and sustainable where chronic inflammation and pain isn’t such a chore.

(insert string of profanities) i keep TELLING them to lock that door! ;) good grief, just ANYONE can wander in!

how do you think *I* got in.

oh, pav let me in. that's right. hm. He probably regrets that now....

😂🤣

I thought I smelled cheeseburgers …what can I say? 🤪

Hurrying to change my screen name to ANYONE 😇
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hi, @NerdyScienceGrl - glad you found the unlocked door!