WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    If you've guessed, I'm doing everything possible to avoid the leftover spaghetti in the fridge that's calling my name.

Must respect the portion size!

Willpower, where art thou?

good idea - to check in here - we can ALL sympathize with the willpower battle. I'm having a hard time willing myself out the door into the dark mist for a walk, ha!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods
    No wonder you had such a big loss indeed! 950 calories is not a good number - I know it is easy to get wildly differing numbers on the same food, but even so, that sounds like way too little food. Glad you had the pizza!

@PlaneMonkey
    She's right. You do not want spaghetti. Step away from the spaghetti...

I have been enjoying staying as close as I can to the goals of the zero c.r.a.p. challenge this week so far. Sticking with whole foods as much as possible is always a good way to get back on track for me. I made a wonderful vegetarian chili yesterday and have it over a big bed of steamed kale. So yummy, and it is a good big bowlful of food for dinner. I did get too hungry during the night last night, though, so tonight I had some applesauce that I had made a few days ago. It has some sugar in it, but not too much.

OK gang - the Wednesday people are up for weigh-ins next! It's a big gang -
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
    @PlaneMonkey

I'm hoping the remaining Monday people are not lost! Please update your weights asap -
    @Emerald_Storm
    @TessieMac833
    @mocchaeyes7961

Send in those numbers - the good, the bad, the meh - I'll take 'em all! Thanks :heart:
  • TessieMac833
    TessieMac833 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hiya - please excuse me from this week if possible. I've been sick for the last week and am still in the thick of it; not ready to add the scale back into the mix. Sorry ):
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey
    the decks came out GORGEOUS! you must be so pleased. well done! (and w/ the spagetti too :D )

• jugar
    Options
    Hiya - please excuse me from this week if possible. I've been sick for the last week and am still in the thick of it; not ready to add the scale back into the mix. Sorry ):

Absolutely no problem - I hope you feel better SOON.
  • jugar
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Steps and exercise for Monday:
    10,692 steps
    13 minutes Pilates
    45 minutes exercise bike moderate (but sweaty!)

Tuesday:
    13,722 steps
    30 minutes Pilates
    45 minutes exercise bike moderate
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Welcome Wednesday!! Started the day with 21 minutes of Pilates. (and also window watching the two Golden Retriever puppies my neighbor has gotten recently.)

@jugar How exciting!! Glad you and Evelyn will finally get to see your mom. I would love to meet up. Of course, my daughter starts back to work on the 25th which means I am on Mom Mom duty, but we will figure something out for sure. Oh how we would love to pick apples from our yard. Please post some photos of your beautiful fall colors. Our Dogwoods are bit red, but I miss those gorgeous Maples. Not too many down here in NC.

@PlaneMonkey Courtney, your decks and stairs are BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh how I would love to sit on that deck looking over the lake and have my coffee every morning. You are a lucky (and understandably tired) person. Enjoy all your hard work. What a feat! Also, good for you for resisting that spaghetti. Way to go!! There are so many good things in fruit. I wish you would reconsider them as wasted calories. Berries in particular have so many benefits. I probably eat fruit at almost every meal. Keeps me regular too. :D

@eggfreak I want to try the orange chicken too. Good to know about the portions. You are so good about inputting whole recipes to have an accurate count. Thanks for the apple sauce suggestion. I will keep that in mind. I do love Aldi too.

Juliet is coming over for half of the day today while her mommy gets some errands done. I didn't have her yesterday and miss her already, so glad she is coming. LOL

Have a great day everyone!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I do enjoy strawberries and raspberries and the occasional peach, so not all fruit is bad in my books, I just can't stand anything of the melon variety and blueberries are just too chewy! I know I'm strange. Hubby and his family love layered cakes with fruit and custard for desserts at special events and it definitely helps me stay in my calorie range on those occasions cause I'd rather eat ANYTHING else.

I did finally eat the spaghetti sauce with konjac pasta for lunch so I think this was a good compromise! Got the flavour I was craving but without the extra carbs/calories.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the decks, it was quite an adventure building them. There's still a lot of other work left on the property so I unfortunately won't be available to help with your deck build next summer @jugar 😉 I am jealous you get to hike around your property so much. The Eastern Townships are gorgeous this time of year! We considered getting married at the top of Jay Peak in October just to get the looks of the leaves for our photos.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @planemonkey the decks look fabulous - well worth the effort.

@eggfreak I'm glad you enjoyed it! We get large chicken fillets from the butcher too - though not quite that big - and really should start removing the 'mini fillet' from them before they get frozen.

Finally got to go out with Dad today. This does mean I'm way over my calorie goal as we went to TGI Fridays, but it is what it is. Will have another meal (or two) out at the weekend with Mom as we're out for the day on Saturday. OH and I have the house to ourselves until Friday, then various guests Friday-Monday, before being on our own for... well, the rest of the year based on our current plans! I'm sure something will crop up, but whilst I've really enjoyed having time with Dad, I am so looking forward to quiet and calm and totally planned out. *and breathe*

We're trying a new recipe tomorrow - Moroccan Lamb Burgers - then on Friday we're having an old faithful - beef Rogan Josh but it's bulked out with butternut squash and cauliflower. May also add some carrots. I love it! Need to decide whether to make or buy the naan to go with; one simply cannot have a curry without naan bread. In the freezer I've also got sausage meat and pastry to make sausage rolls, but my worry is if I make them I'll end up scoffing the lot. I may have to make and then freeze them cooked (as the ingredients are already frozen). Perhaps next time I should make them but freeze raw, then I can just bake a couple as and when I want them.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    That’s a wrap. I have closed out my diary. Was under but a bit higher than yesterday. 1600 ish calories. I did have a glass of red wine with dinner and two cheese and crackers while cooking. That will do it. But no ice cream! None so far this month!

I made spaghetti squash with chicken and Parmesan for dinner. It was pretty good. Now on to the acorn squash I bought. Recipes anyone?

I did 25 minutes of exercise ball bouncing to get to my step goal. I was at about 5,500 after dinner and though, nah don’t want to get to my 8k. Too tired. But somewhere I found the motivation. I heard “just do this” coming from all of you.

🙏🏼 Thanks
  • jugar
    Options
    Heads Up!

Weigh-ins still due for today:
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @MoStacy

Due Thursday:
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,157 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Hope physio went well today. Very wise to be looking after these things like you are. As everyone else has said, beautiful photos.. your property looks absolutely amazing.

@jugar Killing it with exercise... great stats coming in! Keep on inspiring us!

@micki48 Exercise ball bouncing.. is that what I think it is? I am picturing something we used to do in gym class as kids, I'm either bang on or way far off... google Kangaroo Bouncer or Space Hopper on Amazon... now I'm thinking I must be wrong but it's conjured up an image of a whole lot of fun anyway! With Juliet... who knows what you're up to ;) Anyway, great job pushing to your goal tonight.. super impressive. Also, that sounds like good news about your daughter returning to work... I take it this was the job you were mentioning before that she's not necessarily thrilled about but taking to get back to something? Hope it works out well for her. Also, LOVE acorn squash.. I never do anything that amazing with it, just love it baked. Good choice.

Exercise 10/6 -
    20 minutes Peloton and 7642 steps

Well, today was fun. Brad and I have had a gift card for a couples massage at a neat place called the Kananaskis Nordic Spa for a couple years now, and today was finally the day. After the massage we got access to the pools and steam rooms and saunas... it was a lovely day of relaxation.

I ate well to plan today - I am still expecting to be up tomorrow, but hoping to be down from the last few days at least. Who knows though - the scale is a mysterious thing. We are on the road for 11 hours tomorrow driving to my Dad's, will squeeze in a ride before we go.
This discussion has been closed.