@Steph1498
    @ellz_runs

Due Saturday:
    @evangsimmons170

Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods those houses are amazing. I love those little ghosts!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    We went to a concert Thurs night. I did well with my eating/drinking, but barely got any sleep. The kids and I were off yesterday. I had an appointment, we went to brunch, and I laid in bed watching a movie while Mabel napped. I never do that. It was nice. We are going to the Pumpkin Patch today. I have not done well with workouts this week...again. I will workout today and tomorrow.

@bowens1973 How tall are you??? 150 seems low. My husband is 170ish, but when he was 150, he looked emaciated. He is 6'1 though. I have to a say you post is very very motivating. When I was in my early 30s, I worked very hard to lose weight. I was 125 and felt amazing. As much as I would like to be that low again, I keep telling myself I probably can't get that low again.

@ashleycarole86 I am sure your mom meant well when she said to plan on gaining 5 lbs. She probably just wanted you to enjoy without guilt, but I know that wasn't your intention. If the scale is up when you get back, just remember that a few pounds is probably fluid retention and will come off easily.

@conleywoods is hard to make the gingerbread yourself? I have always wanted to try that but I was worried the side would be uneven...
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Halloween gingerbread houses?!?! YOU are my kind of people. So cool!!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit You are very right. I am a very sensitive person and it's funny how family can hook you so much easier... I am sure that's exactly what she meant, or she was just trying to prepare me for what she expected to be high caloric food.

The funny thing is, the scale is down! My aunt did have an insane quantity of appetizers waiting for us but I had saved a decent amount of calories expecting a bigger meal, so I fit it in no problem. Now I'm at my dad's and he's AWESOME - super supportive, no food commentary, doesn't food push... he also naturally cooks healthy meals so it's just a lovely space to be in.

I came on this trip hoping to maintain at best - it is Canadian Thanksgiving and tomorrow and Monday we have meals out with family. Oh, and I think I heard Chinese is being ordered tonight.... so it's not like I have unrealistic goals, but yeah... I guess some of the issue was probably just residual drama from the past bubbling up again. Thanks for your perspective and I do feel much better now. Enjoy the pumpkin patch today!

• bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit you aren't wrong. 150 will be super tough, but is about mid-range of ideal weight for someone 5'7. There are a couple of reasons I've picked this weight...
    1) Competitive cycling is of huge interest and climbing mountains on the bike (or off) will be that much easier the lighter I am.
    2) The sacrifices required to get there will be really tough and although achievable, it'll take much longer than the first 70 pounds took and will be much harder to maintain. In my crazy head, I believe that this will ensure that I never take my eye off the prize or let my foot off. The tracking, daily weigh-ins and self-control are permanent things I need to be doing. I honestly don't see myself as any different than any other type of addict, my vice is just more socially acceptable and maybe easier to control than other types of addictions, but there are countless similarities to other types of addiction. If I were to hit my goal and let-off, I'd slide. My new'ish lifestyle habits are keeping me centered - my scale is a great coach as it is brutally honest and isn't afraid to call it like it is. Lol!
    3) It's an easy number to remember! Plain and simple. Also, it leaves several milestones left to enjoy and the thrill of the chase is FUN!
    4) Ashley and I are very competitive (and super supportive of each other). I had to set my goal weight below hers - she's a couple of inches taller, which accounts for this, but I'm not focused on that, I'm only focused on beating her damn it! 😉

Speaking of emaciation, I was surprised by photos of me when I had lost the first 70. I looked emaciated. I think our bodies adjust over time and that look goes away. Either I'm used to looking different now, or my body has adjusted and I look more normal.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    Goal talk - it's fascinating. My son is 5'9" and has a hard time getting over 145 (yikes) - he is also an avid cyclist and his work is very physically demanding. Sure, he's young (turned 25 in August) but he has always had a hard time keeping meat on those bones. I think a lot of the differences and difficulties in identifying the "perfect" goal weight is body composition. If you are not using your muscles and they are a lower percentage of your weight, you should weigh less, no matter your height. If you are well muscled and using them, weight is going to be higher even though you'd probably look about the same as your un-muscled self. We also burn more calories all day and all night if we are carrying and using more muscle - so the number on the scale is only part of the story. It's sure fun to play around with, though!

@KellyBgetsfit
    Your rest time with Mable sounds absolutely delicious. When your kids are that little, you can't worry too much about workouts. Sometimes hangouts are the best choice. :heart:

OK, I'm here procrastinating. I'd better get to it!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods The houses are adorable!! What fun! And what a terrific mom you are. 🙂💕

@KellyBgetsfit Relaxing with Mabel sounds lovely. It is good to listen to your body.

@bowens1973 Your determination and motivation is astounding. Good for you to be so driven. It sure pays off. You are at an unfair advantage over Ashley though. We all know men lose faster than women. 😉😂

@EvMakesChanges So sorry to hear your first outing ended with a flat. Hope your day gets better.

@eggfreak Good for you to face your damage. I usually hide, don’t log and pretend until the scale tells me the truth. BUT, that is past and now you have another chance. Have a perfect meal and then a perfect day. You can do well and still enjoy your vacation. I believe in you!

Haven’t done much today. Piddling around. We made pizza last night. It was delicious and I know exactly what went in it. I now need to go get a walk in before it rains again. ge3dkv66kelx.jpeg
  • jugar
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    @bowens1973 and @happimess01 I see you have both gotten down under 200, amazing job! As of now I’d like to get to 220 and then reevaluate once I’m there. Have either of you gone lower than what you had originally planned? It has been 30 years since I was under 200 so the thought of it seems unattainable at this point. Congratulations to both of you!

When I started at 164 kg (361 lbs) at 6 ft, my initial goal weight was 89 kg (196 lbs) and ultimate goal weight was 79 kg (174 lbs). 79 kg is the lowest weight I have ever seen on the scale in my entire life, not just adult life so that should be something. Recently, the more I lose, the more determined I get to keep going after the body of my dreams. So I think I would like to get down to 77-78 kgs, we"ll see. I need something to look forward to because just maintaining what I have will not motivate me enough to stay out of the kitchen. I am shifting my focus on body fat % goals from weight goals, that's how I got the 77-78 kg number. Once I run out of those, I will set up strength goals like 10 pull ups or 300 lb deadlift.

I love the determination, and the results - in the time you have been with us here the change has been fabulous, and that was not even the whole trip from the beginning. It is exciting now that you are so close! Every new photo shows that dream coming true.
  • jugar
    Options
    It's that time of week again! Last Call!
    lkonya3l3dev.jpg

@Emerald_Storm
    @mocchaeyes7961
    @MoStacy
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs
    @evangsimmons170

You have 10 hours to get your weigh-in done! Thanks :heart:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    Exercise 10/09 -
    was determined to get my 10K steps today!
    10020 steps + 20 minutes dance cardio

@micki48 That pizza looks divine - restaurant quality!

@happimess01 Agree - you're so inspirational! Love hearing about your story.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    CW: 165.0
    PW: 165.2
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    It's that time of week again! Last Call!
    lkonya3l3dev.jpg

@Emerald_Storm
    @mocchaeyes7961
    @MoStacy
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs
    @evangsimmons170

You have 10 hours to get your weigh-in done! Thanks :heart:

@jugar
    CW 361
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 185.2
    CW - 185.1

Still in the green by the teeniest of margins!

Back later with my stats.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    I'm getting into the tallies, but here are my exercise stats for yesterday before I forget. I think I'm all caught up for the week -

steps 8085 (dang - too much standing in the kitchen cutting apples!)
    45 minutes exercise bike
This discussion has been closed.