Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Don’t forget to play bingo! Myself and @tinaBawesome have a line so far. Does anyone else? Remember you have the week to get those lines done or even a full card.

This week we are going to play bingo! Do the best you can and see how many lines you can get. Let us know when you complete a line and what you did. The lines can be horizontal, vertical or diagonally. (Excuse the card as I couldn’t figure out how to edit on my iPad.) Can you get a full card!

wctgu6jped8q.jpeg

I have done 30 mins cardio, posted in chat, logged food...not in the same line but working towards it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    Pickles175 wrote: »
    Pickles175 wrote: »
    Monday check in:

PW: 164
    CW: 163.8

I’ll take that as I ate a lot over the weekend, especially at my step moms birthday party. 🎉 the cheesecake was probably a whole days calories at once.

A loss and cheesecake is a win. We had pumpkin cheesecake last night for dessert and it was delicious!

I love cheesecake and I love to make them. Just wish they were calorie free! Lol

Good thing I can’t bake otherwise I would be making them all the time.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Daily Check-in (10/10 stats):

Steps: 13,463
    Floors: 8
    Calories Burned: 1,110
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 278
    Total Intensity Minutes: 1,150/150
    Early W/O: Yes😊

1000 over your weekly goal! You rock!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Name: Poobag1972
    Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 363.0
    Current Weight: 356.4

I've been suffering in pain all weekend. Driving to Ottawa and back turned out to be the least painful thing. However all my time there or at home here has been spent in bed or in a chair hunched over trying to find positions that produce the least amount of constant pain.

I believe my medicine ball routine on Wednesday pinched a nerve or worsened a situation I have been dealing with for a month now, but I use to be able to work through it. The discomfort generally resulted in random pain in my right or left hamstrings and calves by late afternoons at work. Walking around or weight training usually fixed it and I felt fine in the mornings.

Now nothing seems to work. I'm getting worse in fact these last few days. I can't do cardio or work out.

I would have been ecstatic with my weight loss. However it took everything I had to get down stairs and stand on the scale.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get an appointment with my doctor, and hopefully a chiropractor.

The pain is largle shooting down my right leg now, usually resulting in a throbbing right calve ankle and glute. My right glute also has muscles so tight it feels like a fairly large bruise. Which makes walking and sitting difficult. When sitting through both calves will throb to some degree.

Good times.

It sounds like your IT band is pulled. Mine does the same thing when I stress it during training. Look up stretching for IT band issues and give it a try.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @jayenguk
    Keep working doing that and you will have a line or two by the end of the week.

@MJ_Keto
    I always gain weight when I am sick, eating or not. When I get a cold all I want to do is eat. I have been lucky not to have a cold since Covid started. I did get Covid though so my daughter is always telling me not to brag about not getting a cold. 😂 You have all week to get a line.

@Poobah1972
    Fantastic loss! Your pain definitely sounds like nerve pain. The pain shoots down my leg and it feels like someone is driving a knife up my calf. I have told you everything I do but here it is again: tens with heating pad, going in the pool and I lie in the position I attached with an ice pack under my back. The picture is what the physiotherapist gave me. I do physio, massage and chiropractor. Stay on top of the doctor to get things moving if they want to do test. I hope you get some relief soon.

h6q5p9ugvmbz.jpeg

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,321 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Username: red1185
    PW: 163.6
    CW: 165.6

I’m going to skip this week’s steps.
    I do not think I’m in a good spot at all. I think I’ve gone completely off the rails the last few months. I was doing so well, and then school started back. My stress levels have gone up, and my diet has plummeted. I have to get back on track. This is absolutely not ok. I know in the grand scheme of things I’ve lost weight overall, but I don’t even feel good anymore. Ugh….

You don't have steps from 10/4- 10/9 correct? Do you want me to excuse you until you tell me otherwise?
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options

I do not think I’m in a good spot at all. I think I’ve gone completely off the rails the last few months. I was doing so well, and then school started back. My stress levels have gone up, and my diet has plummeted. I have to get back on track. This is absolutely not ok. I know in the grand scheme of things I’ve lost weight overall, but I don’t even feel good anymore. Ugh….

So sorry you are having a hard time, Rachael. You have lost weight. I can't imagine the stress level wrt school. Is it possible to do a few of the things you were doing before you got off track? Not everything, but just a couple of things to help you feel better? Sending positive and calming thoughts your way.🧡 Lee
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you!! My Garmin app separates the minutes between moderate and vigorous daily. I just lump them together for the sake of keeping track of the total weekly minutes. I might see about breaking out the categories this week.

BTW, my bingo card is all over the place. I'll let you know. What a fun idea!!😊
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wpydonj7c0vb.jpg
    Bingo plus I repaired the drainage pipe at the house. Score one for a Monday
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I can’t remember if it was you but didn’t you make a list every week of your NSV’s for the week? Maybe you could do that. I agree with Lee, pick one or two things to work on each week. Last year around this time I struggled with my weight while under stress. The team kept me from giving up. Keep in touch as often as you can even if it is just to say hi. We are here for you.

B I N G O ... I have done deep breathing for 5 minutes...contacted a friend ....Free..... Logged food and posted in chat ( this was done yesterday not today)

Bingo! Great job! Now you are on too your second line.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you!! My Garmin app separates the minutes between moderate and vigorous daily. I just lump them together for the sake of keeping track of the total weekly minutes. I might see about breaking out the categories this week.

BTW, my bingo card is all over the place. I'll let you know. What a fun idea!!😊

The Fitbit kind of does that. You get 1 minute when you are in fat burn and 2 minutes when in cardio or peak.
    Bingo plus I repaired the drainage pipe at the house. Score one for a Monday

Awesome job! The hunt is on for two lines.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Username amymartin555
    PW 135.8
    CW 135.6

I think I might be holding onto some water as I have started to drink a gallon a day. I got a new gallon size water bottle and I make sure to drink it all by the end of the day. I do have to add flavor to it but at least I get it in.
    I will post my steps tomorrow. I will be heading to bed. Got to go to bed 30 minutes early for bingo lol.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    good evening everyone.
    Check in for 10/11:
    Steps - 5894 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike. Moderate intensity.
    Calories - 1674
    Exercise - gym. 9 machines, 20 minutes bike

Today was national sausage pizza day so we had dominos. I limited myself to 4 squares of thin crust, even though I was still hungry.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 my dizziness is frustrating. It has been more often last couple days but I'm hoping it is because I gave blood.

I am stuck on bingo. I can't find a ranch that has a calf I can raise 20 times.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @shortyjmorgan1
    Thank you for the idea of highlighting the bingo card!! I totally hijacked your idea👍👍. Lee
This discussion has been closed.