WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak I haven't been to Castle Island although I had written it down when I first moved - maybe this Sunday to help recover from the candy Friday! Big fan of a walking loop. :)
    What kind of fitbit do you have? I have the Charge 4 and I don't think mine does the "ahhh" hahaha but it does show a smiley face when done charging.

@KellyBgetsfit oh poor Mabel, that stinks! Hopefully you can get some good sleep over the weekend.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Weigh in this morning did not respond to the water and prayers so I'm going to see if it just deferred the miracle for a day and report in tomorrow instead. 😉 You never know!! 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    WAISTAWAYS OCTOBER WEEK 2 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

photo-1476480862126-209bfaa8edc8?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=2670&q=80

# of participants – 8

WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS
    #1 @Kali225 121,737
    #2 @jugar 114,838
    #3 @KellyBgetsfit 104,660

WEEK 2 TOP CONSISTENT STEPPERS
    Days meeting daily step pledge
    @Kali225 7/7
    @jugar 7/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 6/7
    @micki48 6/7

WEEK 2 STRETCH STEPPERS
    Days exceeding daily step pledge by more than double
    @Kali225 1/7
    @jugar 1/7
    @ashleycarole86 1/7

Congrats to the step challenge teammates who laddered up this week (increasing total step count in week 2 over week 1):
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @ashleycarole86
    @micki48

And to those who had their biggest day of October fitness yet in week 2:
    @KellyBgetsfit 10/12
    @ashleycarole86 10/14
    @Kali225 08/25

Together, the eight of us walked a total of 654,365 steps this week – 310 miles. The eight of us basically did 100 5K races in the week. Way to go to everyone for the effort this week. Keep it up and challenge yourself to find an area to work on this week.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    jx1hp2xuwwve.jpg
    Here is my fun sensory bin! The kids search for different toys and put them in little containers. So fun

That's a great bin! I wanna play in there. Pom poms and plastic spiders. So much fun!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    I woke up with what turned out to be a sciatica flare up. I did 16 minutes of Pilates, went to a store, and took a short walk, but it has gotten so bad since late afternoon. I am in some kind of pain. Thankfully engaging my core muscles helps along with doing some of the Pilates exercises I have learned. I am so close to my daily goal, but don’t think I’ll make it. Oh well. I am currently laying on the floor waiting for anti-inflammatory to kick in. Ugh.

@conleywoods Love your sensory bin. What fun!

@KellyBgetsfit Sorry to hear Mabel is not feeling well.

@Kali225 i do The Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long. She has some free videos on YouTube. I subscribe and have access to a full library, recipes, etc. Its a wonderful thing. I feel stronger than ever, at least in my abs.

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods love that non scale victory!! woooooo jeans!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Hope Mabel feels better soon... can't imagine how exhausted you must be!

@conleywoods Hope you had a nice relaxing dinner with the in-laws... congrats on the jeans. Nice moment for sure

@micki48 Hope the pain broke for you tonight... sounds debilitating. I loved the Pilates videos you had us join you for and can definitely see why you enjoy them so much! A great loving form of exercise.

Off to bed! That 5:30 alarm is coming way too soon ☺
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bowens1973 wrote: »
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 197.2
    CW: 194.8
    Loss: 2.4
    Seriously hoping that I've seen the 2's for the last time. 🤞🤞🤞

Awesome loss!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Tuesday Empress Weigh-In
    PW: 216.3
    CW: 209.8

I feel like this loss has more sticking power than my previous big week-to-week drops since June. Meals have been good, walks have been consistent. I'm lagging a little on sleep this week (a little slower to get up with that alarm!) but work should be a lot calmer by this time next week. Nice to see a drop from yesterday too, since my lunch Sunday was a big one with family. Scale was technically lower on Friday but close.

My next test is this weekend - got invited to a Halloween party Friday night and planning to go the the Head of the Charles Regatta on Saturday. I haven't been yet since I moved to Boston, so I'm very excited. And I have 1 friend doing keto and not drinking, so that will be a good influence to not go overboard. But I'm sure the party Friday will have hard-to-resist candy. Send me strength! :D

Amazing loss!
This discussion has been closed.