Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    There you go Connie: nothing touching: and under 400 Cal!

<1g spray of canola
    105g brown eggs
    65g wonder+fiber (bought for the dog and that's my story)
    18.5g old cheddar
    155g tomatoes

over easy, heat grilled cheese sandwich in same (extra large) pan till carefully positioned cheese fully melts and tomatoes are warm... eat.

Any touching was accidental except that some dipping of grilled cheese sandwich in egg was observed! :lol:
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Tonight we had beef stroganoff, because the beef was thawed and I didn't cook it last night. But that's okay.

I have a bacon, grilled onion, and spinach quichecake in the oven that will come out soon, and then I'll look up tomorrow's meat, haul it out to thaw, and go to bed. First day of work at new job for Boyfriend tomorrow.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    There you go Connie: nothing touching: and under 400 Cal!

<1g spray of canola
    105g brown eggs
    65g wonder+fiber (bought for the dog and that's my story)
    18.5g old cheddar
    155g tomatoes

over easy, heat grilled cheese sandwich in same (extra large) pan till carefully positioned cheese fully melts and tomatoes are warm... eat.

Any touching was accidental except that some dipping of grilled cheese sandwich in egg was observed! :lol:

LoL…I don’t like eggs very much either!….only deviled…mine!
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Bella, i like this. Maybe stick the recipe in the recipe section? I just may try the concept!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Bella, i like this. Maybe stick the recipe in the recipe section? I just may try the concept!

Which recipe? The doner or the turnover?

• ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sausage and apple stuffed acorn squash
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Bella and Ama, those look and sound so good….Pav they don’t need tweaked or added too!….lol…

I used shredded chicken left from the chicken breasts I cooked sat. and mixed with potatoes, carrots, mixed veggies and jarred chicken gravy….a few diced onions and parsley…it’s in the oven now!
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    and mixed with
    All mixed up Connie? That doesn't sound like you! And OF COURSE Bella's donair (the recipe target) NEEDS tweaking... she herself said she tweaked it!!! :wink:

Hmmm acorn squash.... stuffed. how does it hold its shape? I guess cooked/served with skin on? You're all cooking up a storm! ==and I LOVE your lama! Lovely new picture Connie!

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    and mixed with
    All mixed up Connie? That doesn't sound like you! And OF COURSE Bella's donair (the recipe target) NEEDS tweaking... she herself said she tweaked it!!! :wink:

Hmmm acorn squash.... stuffed. how does it hold its shape? I guess cooked/served with skin on? You're all cooking up a storm! ==and I LOVE your lama! Lovely new picture Connie!

Yes, you have to leave the skin on the squash….they are good with cinnamon and a little brown sugar on them, too…

I made a casserole, the food is supposed to touch and it was excellent…I didn’t need the bisquit but I had extra calories to use and it was so good!…

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    I made some roasted honey mustard chicken thighs and brussels sprouts for dinner a couple nights ago. Served it with a sweet potato. Really easy, super filling, and very fall like in flavors. It will go into the "will make again" file.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    Not sure what dinner will be tonight - but I know it will include beets. I bought a 10 pound bag awhile back - planning on making fermented beets (like sauerkraut, but beets - supposed to be this way, Connie :) ) But I've run out of time and just cooked them up last night and will have some (many) portions in the freezer for the next few months. I forgot how much I like beets - just on their own! And they are supposed to be good for the blood supply to our brain. My brain needs all the help it can get.

Okay...what goes nicely with beets??? I'm thinking those brussel sprouts you mention, @Athijade, could be a nice addition!
    Options
    Today's lunch is street tacos; mine is carne asada, and theirs is al pastor. I am surprised every single time at just how very tasty it is.

Dinner tonight is farfalle (bowtie) pasta with alfredo sauce, grilled shrimp, and a garnish of chopped cooked bacon. I may add a little cooked spinach for color. (That's about all the spinach I can have without Bad Things Happening. Alas.)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I like beets out of a can on a Greek Salad or plain heated up and I have had pickled beets….they are ok!

We went out for breakfast this morning and took grandson who does home schooling….I am not a breakfast person so I had a chicken breast sandwich and took the bun off with a side of grits….now I will have to juggle calories the rest of the day to have enough food to fill me up!….maybe chef salads or a frozen dinner….I am just glad husband felt well enough to get out a little while….he is very slowly healing from his surgery….
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    Happy for you and especially your husband. Hope the recovery continues to go well.
    Love grits! Cheese grits or shrimp and grits - plain with a little butter ain’t bad either. Well made grits are one of the joys of living in the south. And then there’s the barbecue here in Texas.
    Today’s supper was 🥗🥚🥕. Then I had 🍌 and half cup of orange sherbet. Had to cut back on supper as hubby made chicken sausages for lunch. He’s on a sausage kick lately. Constant calorie juggling 🤹‍♀️.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I could eat a mixing bowl full of grits with cheese and butter!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Yoolypr your menu sounds good!!!
    Options
    Today's lunch is to be hamburgers, dressed with cheese, ketchup, mustard, etc. as people like, with chips.

Dinner tonight is the highly liked Chinese barbecued pork ribs (char sui) with fried rice, vegetable lo mein (for Son) and crab rangoons for Boyfriend and Girlfriend. This is a big ask, and I'll start cooking about two hours before dinner.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hope it went well!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options

Dinner tonight is the highly liked Chinese barbecued pork ribs (char sui) with fried rice, vegetable lo mein (for Son) and crab rangoons for Boyfriend and Girlfriend. This is a big ask, and I'll start cooking about two hours before dinner.

That sounds amazing! Can I come for dinner? LOL