WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    What a day here on the team! I arrived in North Carolina this afternoon - got out of Boston before the worst of the stormy weather started, luckily. It's like summer down here! I took a nice walk with my mom and managed to get a good number of steps today, including lots of trekking around the airport to kill time waiting for my flight. Tomorrow I'll have a chance to hit the gym, so it will feel good to get my exercise back to something more like normal.

@Kali225 - you are down over 12 pounds this month, so a little halloween indulgence should not throw you too badly!

Welcome @sljjjembeca - I hope you'll enjoy finding that wonderful flexible fit self. There are many ways to get there, and this is a good place to try some of them out to see what works for you. Several of us do Pilates, there are runners, bikers, walkers, you name it. As far as how things work, the only "requirement" is the weekly weigh-in on the day you chose. There are some challenges you can do or not as you like (they are announced here), but the most helpful thing is coming here to the team chat daily or as often as you can. With a new month starting, we like to take a look at what we hope to accomplish over the next month, what specific small daily steps we'll take to get there, etc. Soon your kids and all the small town folks will be asking you how you do it!

@kdblpn - what great news that you can get back to the gym and your heart is healing. @micki48 is also in North Carolina, and I am just for the next few days (my mother lives near Charlotte). A meet up might be somewhere there in the future :smiley:

I'm bushed - heading for some reading and sleeping. Just a quick nagging sesh to finish off the evening! :wink:

Wednesday weigh-ins:

@AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
    @PlaneMonkey

Oh! @ashleycarole86 I love your preview of Onederland! You must soon binge watch the whole series...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's...Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @tasoconnor :)
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PW: 206 lb
    CW: 206 lb
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    CW 197.8
    I'm bouncing all over the place but wesnesday seems to be on the high side of the zig zags on my tracking chart unfortunately. I'm amazed I can fluctuate by 5lbs every 3 days.
    Oh well.
    I'll try to make better choices and not give in to emotions. My habit tracker on the wall is looking sadly colourless because I haven't been drinking my water or fitting in my exercise. Time to start colouring in those boxes.

My weight can fluctuate up wildly too, unfortunately it doesn’t come down as quickly as it goes up for me! Keep grinding, we’ve got this!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hang in there folks! You can get there.

I have enjoyed talking with my mom, who has seen me through all the times. I was a kind of lethargic and chubby kid, but slowly (very very slowly for some of them!) changed to make a new "normal" where eating is vegetable-centric rather than carb/protein centric, where moving/being outdoors/keeping the muscled strong is the norm instead of just letting things go along without consideration. She has kept evolving as well, and at 91 is still able to do a lot, even though getting old is no picnic, she says! I got a heavy dose of endorphins on in the gym this morning (rowing machine - my drug of choice), hit the kettlebells, and had a good walk in this gorgeous summery weather. Days like today are the best!

I wish some of those days on all of you. No more colourless habit trackers, @PlaneMonkey - get at least a few splashes on there! And hang in there @MoStacy and @ashenmoon ! You have not slipped much at all. Hit one of those perfect days and go from there :heart:

Thursday people - you're on soon!

@ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak

Enjoy :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome to

@tasoconnor !!

Jump in and introduce yourself, let us know if you have any questions, and we'll all be there with you in November. Tally ho!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Sounds like you're putting in some long tiring days with your granddaughter. Schedule changes are no joke... good job on making it work today. Hope you've fallen into a deep restorative sleep.

@jugar Sounds like a great visit - nothing beats those good talks.

@tasoconnor Welcome to the team! We have a few new folks joining for November so you're in good company - let us know how we as teammates can help you on your journey!

I helped some dear non-tech savvy friends get set up on Netflix tonight and had a great visit over coffee as well. Got a nice compliment about the weight loss - they know about the journey and I see them often but it was at a stage to say something (or maybe just where the latest progress felt noticeable I guess)... I love these people like family and it just filled my heart with warmth to have their support and to know that they're cheering Brad and I on.

Exercise for today:
    20 minutes yoga + 8057 steps
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Yesterday was a long day for me but was able to go to cardiac rehab and get a walk in. Over 8000 steps and that is good for me. While at cardiac rehab my heart rate got to high while on the treadmill so they made me slow down. I hate when my heart does not cooperate but I better listen to it cause I don't want to be back in the hospital.
    Can I get some input on a problem I am having....I live with my boyfriend. We have been together 18 years. He is 6ft 3 and weighs 290. Ever since I started losing weight he has said he needs to lose weight too. I tried cooking the same thing for him that I eat and he says he can't eat like me. So I started preparing different types of healthy meals for him. That means double cooking but I don't mind, I would do anything for him. That didn't last long before he started eating little Debbie cakes and drinking pepsi after pepsi again. So yesterday he says he has to get serious about weight loss so he didn't want dinner. I tried to explain to him that he shouldn't be skipping meals and his response was that he wanted 2 fried cheese sandwiches and ramen noodles. The noodles alone have 410 calories. I know I can't make him do it but how do I help without forcing him? I think it is making him resent my weightloss and I don't want that either. It's frustrating me.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ohh @kdblpn you are my weight-loss soul mate! Living with a partner who wants to lose weight but doesn't want to do the work of tracking and research on healthy choices turns you into the food police and breeds resentment. They are proud of you, but jealous that you make it look easy when the truth is, it's almost a full time job to be healthy. Your boyfriend has a choice to eat the things he wants, IF he's willing to log it himself to be aware of what he's putting in his body. Logging is the eye opener that can lead to change. I feel your struggle. My husband also has IBS so most vegetables are not welcome in his diet so I usually make a side dish or steamed broccoli or roasted cauliflower for myself with the meat and rice/potatoes.

Keep your positivity! He's an adult and is responsible for his own choices. Continue to lead by example. Hopefully you find a balance.

@jugar can I please change my weigh in for this week? Today clocked in at 196.4. I took screenshots of my tracking for the last 2 months, 6 months and since the beginning. The yoyo recently isn't fun, but understandable since I haven't been putting the effort to logging that I had expected to have time for once fall hit. The last 6 months is not the best trend but I need to hold onto the big picture since the beginning just over a year ago. Grace and progress over perfection.
  • kdblpn
    Options
    @jugar: It makes me laugh that you said you are enjoying the summer like weather while in North Carolina. I am in Fayetteville which is usually a little warmer than Charlotte and for the past 2 days I have been freezing. I can't believe it got so cold so quick. Lol
  • kdblpn
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @ashleycarole86: Awesome weigh-in. You are doing great!
This discussion has been closed.