27 minutes moderate = 4,698 steps

Pool workout
    20 minutes moderate = 2,000 steps

Total converted = 14,482 steps
  • Melaniebl2000
    Melaniebl2000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? I am 21. From SC but have been residing in Manhattan for some time now.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? It’s hard for me to find my why, besides losing weight. I realize that’s sort of the problem with not being able to stay motivated for long. Of course, I also think of overall health, too.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My triggers are stress
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb? I have no particular diet. I am vegetarian and I always make sure to get my protein in first. At least 100g. I fast majority of the day. From 6pm to morning, so 16hrs usually. I try to keep refined carbs very low. Any naturally occurring carbs I eat before a workout usually and after. My only carb craving is cake, which I have no problem eating once a week or every other week.
    5. What is your favourite way to workout? I love the treadmill and I like stair climbing. I own a treadmill so I workout in home.
    6. What are some of your goals this month? My November goals are to lose as much as I can. I feel like I’m losing out on so many things because of my size.
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? I’m hoping to gain some encouragement and just some support as I don’t have a support system.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself? I am 21. From SC but have been residing in Manhattan for some time now.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? It’s hard for me to find my why, besides losing weight. I realize that’s sort of the problem with not being able to stay motivated for long. Of course, I also think of overall health, too.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My triggers are stress
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb? I have no particular diet. I am vegetarian and I always make sure to get my protein in first. At least 100g. I fast majority of the day. From 6pm to morning, so 16hrs usually. I try to keep refined carbs very low. Any naturally occurring carbs I eat before a workout usually and after. My only carb craving is cake, which I have no problem eating once a week or every other week.
    5. What is your favourite way to workout? I love the treadmill and I like stair climbing. I own a treadmill so I workout in home.
    6. What are some of your goals this month? My November goals are to lose as much as I can. I feel like I’m losing out on so many things because of my size.
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? I’m hoping to gain some encouragement and just some support as I don’t have a support system.

Welcome to our team ....This team is full of support ...wishing you the very best :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record but I really need to set up the step challenge for November... if you want to be added or removed please let me know as soon as possible...Thanks
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    I'm a 52 father of 4 grown (and growing) kids, married for 25 years, residing in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. I've been a workaholic, insomniac for most of my life but I've been very fortunate to have a great family, rewarding career and reasonably good health.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    Overweight and wanting to enjoy retirement, see my kids grow up and start families of their own.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Too much dedication to work seems to be an excuse to not exercise enough.
    4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by?
    I try to keep net calories (after exercise) under 2,000 / day
    5. What is your favorite way to workout?
    It was a rowing machine but the double hernia put that to a stop and now that I'm recovered I just need to get motivated to get back on it!
    6. What are some of your goals this month?
    Lose 3 lbs
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team?
    Encouragement and camaraderie.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    Winners.gif

Hard to believe October is essentially over! You can find all of the results at the links below:

October Week Four Results
    October Grand Finale Results

Here's a sneak peak of how your team did...

Last Week
    rcukli4zsdyr.png

October
    poi58kcmv1bf.png

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/30 stats):

Steps: 9,367
    Floors: 16
    Calories Burned: 670

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 35
    Vigorous: 132
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 167

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 1,182
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Melaniebl2000 and any other new members I may have missed!! I believe you will find this team quite supportive and helpful.😊

@luccianaff,@Megan_smartiepants1970,@Tazaria87and@littleflutterby Congrats!!👏👍😊
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record but I really need to set up the step challenge for November... if you want to be added or removed please let me know as soon as possible...Thanks

I'd like to join but I'm still waiting on my step counter to arrive in the mail. Should be here later this week. Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining us ...Please welcome @MariEverAfter :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I'd like to join but I'm still waiting on my step counter to arrive in the mail. Should be here later this week. Thanks

I will add you ..Can you please give me a step goal that you plan on hitting daily ?...Thanks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Thanks congrats to you and all the other ladies :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Welcome @Melaniebl2000 and any other new members I may have missed!! I believe you will find this team quite supportive and helpful.😊

@luccianaff,@Megan_smartiepants1970,@Tazaria87and@littleflutterby Congrats!!👏👍😊

Thanks Lee :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited November 2021
    Options
    xinm5kp4nxwv.png

Time for my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for October Week 4 ..Please have them in no later than Monday evening on 11/1 so that I can post week 4 results and the grand finale

@888Angie888 10/29 & 10/30
    @rlaskey2 10/27- 10/30
    @red1185 10/24- 10/30
    @shortyjmorgan1 10/25-10/30
    @amymartin555 10/26- 10/30
    @WTGNicole 10/24- 10/30
    @Jpedno 10/24- 10/30
    @tahm42 10/24- 10/30

If I do not have your steps in by tomorrow night (11/1) then I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween 🎃 everyone!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Happy Halloween 🎃 everyone!

Happy Halloweenie to you Annie :) Have a safe one :)
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    aussie_girl_del_runner_5 Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I've come out of a nearly 4 month lockdown 2 week ago so went away for the weekend with some friends. I didn't log anything Sat/Sun but didn't go overboard either. It's Mon 1st Nov here so I'm ready to rumble (sorry I missed yesterday).

1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    I'm Adele, known as Del from Sydney. Married 15 years, I have a 4 year old and 2 dogs.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I started in 2015 and lost 28kgs over 14months but due to a complicated IVF pregnancy I had Dr's orders to stop my weight training and running :-(. With that the food went out the window. Before I knew it I had a 4 year old and have put nearly all that I Iost back on so here i am again :-)

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Boredom and chips which is why I don't really have them in the house anymore. If the crap is there I eat it so I know if I meal plan/pre-log that really helps. It also means I can still have a G&T or a bit of chocolate without feeling guilty. If it fits in goal I'm good with that.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    Nope, just calorie counting.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    At the moment I don't so I need to fix that. My challenge here is my husband has worked night shift for the past 3 years so I can't just go for a run whenever I feel like it like I used to. Still thinking about this little problem.

6. What are some of your goals this month?
    Honestly for this month, just generally logging my food and getting back into the habit of that. Whatever exercise I do will be bonus. I will be able to go every Thurs morning and I have added 2 x weekly exercise to the habit tracker to try and push myself to maybe do a yoga video once my son is in bed.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team?
    Accountability, meal ideas and a bit of chit chat. I'm a massive introvert in real life but online I'm a bit more open.
This discussion has been closed.