Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @MJ_Keto
    That is a win to me. Just curious about the candy and keto. Is it because of sugar that you can’t eat candy? I find keto very intriguing. I know if I am in a funk exercising always boosts my mood.

Yes, it's the sugar (carbs) in the candy that the keto diet doesn't allow. However, once you have been on keto awhile and are considered "fat adapted" (your body burns fat for fuel instead of glucose), then some people are able to have what's considered a "carb-up" and bounce back to a fat burning state the next day. ;)
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    😥. I am simply destroyed. We had to put our dog down today. It was time.

I am so sorry sending hugs to you
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Weigh-in Thursday
    PW: 105.4kg
    CW: 105.5kg

I had an awesome week food wise but using my home scale instead of my mum's it's saying I've put on 100g. My scale is crap so I might need to ask Santa for an upgrade. Who am I? LOL

I mean it could also be correct, I was salt heavy just before bed (stupid move considering weigh-in was the next morning and I know what sodium does) so I've just marked out 200ml increments on water bottle to keep me in check and try to flush it out.

Not going to let this get to me, I'll just keep going and see what the numbers are next week.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 So very sorry for you loss. Sending you some strength!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Long day today... Didn't manage to fit in a sleep, just a lay down. lol

Workout ran long... But work out happened.

Geeky weight lifting news of the day. I totally nailed a full 10 reps all by myself pushing the 80 Pound dumbbells in the first set. So yeah baby, maybe this old dog isn't done yet. Next week 85 Pounds! 💪🤓👍

Generally another very successful workout. (Getting stronger, rocky tune in the background yo!) 😎

I'm still sore I still have a real tight right *kitten* cheek with on and off again calve.. But its sticking more to my right leg then anything now. And it doesn't hurt as much this week while I'm at work then it did last week. Some progress is better then no progress Right?

I love you guys, hope to be back paying more attention to everyone some time in the future.

Peace out! 😎🥰💗🤗

No echo cardio-gram today... Left my phone upstairs! :P But my burn sort of normalized today... I'll be curious to see if my heart rate improved or something?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    No outside walk today ... Last night I felt like I had the flu ( I got my flu shot on the 14th of last month)... I just feel run down ...If I am up to it later on ..I might pop in a Leslie Sansone walking DVD

No exercise at all today .... I slept most of the afternoon away
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Hello All;

Just a quick pop in to thank you for all of your kind thoughts and condolences. I'll be back later to thank you individually. I sincerely appreciate your very kind thoughts. Lee🧡🐕
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    I'll be back tomorrow. I'm going to turn in early. Thank you all again.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

@Bluetail6 very sorry for your loss.

Check in for 11/3:
    Steps - 2788. Thought about a walk but was to lazy. Ugh.
    Calories - 1396 or so. It seems low because I have been full a lot. I will see on the scale tomorrow.
    Exercise - lazy. Hot afternoon. Planning on gym in a.m.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    😥. I am simply destroyed. We had to put our dog down today. It was time.

I'm so sorry, I know how devastating that is 😭
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories no idea I'm on holiday. Lunch and dinner weren't too bad but eaten chips and chocolate and drank a fair bit.
    Steps 10,118 ✅ wasn't stuck behind a desk all day.
    Water ❌
    Sleep 8 hours according to my app, but I'm questioning how accurate it is.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    No outside walk today ... Last night I felt like I had the flu ( I got my flu shot on the 14th of last month)... I just feel run down ...If I am up to it later on ..I might pop in a Leslie Sansone walking DVD

Feel better!

cormierannie
    Pw169 pounds
    Cw 168 pounds
    Weigh in day Wednesday

Nice loss!
    @MariEverAfter
    Welcome to the team! I have your weigh day as Saturday. Do you want to keep it as Saturday or change it to Tuesdays?

Hi thanks so much for having me! I Would like to keep it on saturdays, i found it better to see my week <3 Thanks!

It looks like you are having a great week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Sounds like the combination of a different scale and sodium caused the small jump on the scale. Don’t think about it just push forward to a new week.

@Poobah1972
    Sounds like you are making great progress.

@rwood566
    A lazy day sounds good especially when it is hot.

@Pippin20206
    I hope you are have a great holiday.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Steps ❌
    Calories ✅
    Track ✅
    280/500 zone minutes

Yesterday I didn’t really do much. Pushed myself to get a few small things done. I am feeling better today just have a headache and not a lot of energy. I am going to the pool but I don’t think it will be 50 to 60 minutes of exercise. Maybe a few laps and some stretching. 🙆‍♀️ I also have to get a few things done around the apartment today.

Have a great Thursday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 4,003
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps-
    11/2: 12,586
    11/3: 21,655
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 226.2
    PW: 225.0

I need to come up with a way to work some routine?...motivation?...habits?...goals?...something? to get things back to moving in the right direction consistently. I have been just bouncing up and down since July. I know it can be done. On a positive note, I am 27 pounds lighter than I was at this time last year.😀
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    nd95tx64q03k.jpg
    It's almost here. My husband talked me into buying a bikini for this trip and I am just crossing my fingers that I will be confident enough to wear it.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
This discussion has been closed.