Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks DW and everyone for your continuing prayers for Peggy. We never know what other people are suffering with and that is brought home to me so often….part of being human and with God’s Grace we find strength to persevere.

Sounds like everyone is doing their very best to keep eating healthy and stay the course. Way to go! Slight blips upward are normal and it’s the long term trend hopefully downward (or at least not upward) that counts in the end! When we are from home it’s almost impossible not to gain at least water weight. And life should be lived too, so dinners with friends and occasional treats are important, too, 😍

I was up .6 lb yesterday, down .4 today and yes I am bouncing at my new slightly lower plateau. I have been on my program 8 weeks +3 days….calculations from the “Lose It” app in September said if I followed the 1395 or less calories a day I would lose 1 lb per week. Today I am exactly 8 lbs down on my scale! The calorie counting together with the IF seems to be working on track. I only hope it continues over the long haul…which it will be, as I have about 20 lbs yet to go!! My clothes again feel lose, need a belt most of the time, etc. Been at this point so many times, weight loss stalls, and have slowly given up and gone back to bad habits. 🙏🏻 I can remain strong on this program and it continues to work.
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Diane, thank you for the most welcome reminder that life should be lived and time with friends is important too. That hit home for me and made me feel better because I braved the scale today and am up about 1 pound. I cannot attribute it to water weight but to too many indiscretions on my “off” days. It was a good wake up call for me, especially since I weigh in so infrequently. I made better choices today but was a little hungrier than usual. I made extra veggies and added some potatoes at supper. That was very satisfying.

DW, I just love reading about your dogs and your show involvement. Hope you made the progress you were aiming for with your house today. I ended up having another pretty lazy day, mostly because my time was eaten up by phone calls, some of which were church related again. Like yours, my “to do” list for tomorrow is now longer but I think it will be manageable.
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about Sabbath over the last few weeks. It hasn't been intentional, but definitely a theme that keeps coming up. I feel like I would like to incorporate a day of rest each week. It's not easy to commit to one full day from doing chores, but I will try and do that on Sundays. That day makes the most sense. I will just need to move laundry day to Saturdays. Then not plan to do renovation work.

It's so good that you have a new plateau to bounce around Diane. Mine is still at my highest. I finally came down some, but now I have to push on so I can celebrate on lower mid-ground. Hopefully soon. I do feel like the last few days have been good.

Yesterday we made an impulse decision to go to Mazatlan for a week. We will be gone from Nov 12-19. I am a little worried about travelling, but we have waited so long to enjoy the benefits of DH's retirement. There could be a fifth wave in Canada. We can sneak away before that happens. If there is another wave we could be out of luck to travel at this winter so off we will go. I am thankful I have my booster shot. That along with being cautious, I believe we will be fine. Sitting on our own on the beach for five days. Plus we found such a great price at a resort I have been to before.

I will most likely have a challenge with my eating, but I am going to walk a lot. My plan is to come back the same weight I leave at.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, Good for you and Jim heading to Mexico!!!! What an excellent and much-needed getaway. Good thinking in terms of the uncertainty of potential future travel restrictions! So happy for you. I think a day of rest and reflection on a Sunday is a wonderful idea. That is a fairly common practice by most people in my faith. I was raised somewhat strictly with this practice. (My grandmother didn't even think using scissors on a Sunday was ok....but she lightened up on this over the years). Of course, we cooked, cleaned up from meals, etc. but never did any “housework.” This practice applied to other days, especially feast days in the church, such as the obvious Christmas, Epiphany, etc. but also on some of the lesser feast days in my church. I think it is a healthy and beneficial practice.

I had a very good on track day today. Once again, I slept a bit late (which helps me with the IF). I made good choices all day including salmon, asparagus, and broccoli with a little cheese sauce for supper. I made potatoes for John and had about a half cup myself. I got a new iPhone today. I ordered it online and it arrived today. Thank goodness for John who took care of all the techno stuff for me. My old phone was ancient, but transferring the info/data from the old phone to the new one wasn’t difficult, especially since John did it for me. Tomorrow I get my hair cut. Yay!!!
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Shari, so exciting about your planned trip! Diane, congrats on your progress! Paula, that is so awesome that your son can do the technology stuff for you! Technology is not an area of strength for me! I hope you enjoy your new phone!
    I finally finished getting everything put away, laundry completed-everything done on my to do list except dusting.....pretty sure the dust will be there tomorrow and I can start with that!
    I had my Silver Sneakers zoom class today and it was so good to be back! It had been 3-4 weeks since my last class due to my travels and the teacher's travels.
    The 17DD is going well during the day, but I am back to evening eating and need to get a grip on that! I heard today that WW is changing starting 11/8/21, but I haven't heard what the change is....I might need to start reading the emails I receive from them rather than automatically deleting them! I confess that I'm curious and also getting a tad bored with 17DD. I will see.....Everyone have a great evening!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    We are pretty excited about heading to Mexico. I have a week to get ready, but I think it's doable, More prep to be away from work than it is to get the house ready. My dad will come and stay with Moe. That is super helpful.

I didn't track my food yesterday. Harder with being at work and not prepping my own food. Lunch was provided and I met a friend for dinner. I didn't step on the scale today. I am sure tomorrow's number won't be good! My goal will not be met. I will try to lose a pound this week- not sure why it's so hard. I guess even one meal out is detrimental to success. I don't think I have to eat out the next week, so maybe I can see progress.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, I too got bored with the 17DD standard fare. While I focus on a lot of the 17DD principles, I have done better since I expanded my food choices. I will be very interested in any WW changes on the horizon. Many years ago (when I had a lot less weight to lose) I did exceptionally well on Weight Watchers. I know several folks who swear by it to this day.

Shari, How nice of your dad to stay with Moe while you are away! I agree, it is not easy to make weight loss progress while eating out.

This was a good day for me. I tracked all of my food and am well within my calorie range and stayed low carb too. More days like this will spell success for me. No hair cut for me today after all. My stylist cancelled this morning because she isn’t feeling well. Based on her text, I am just slightly concerned that she has Covid, and I have suspicions that she is not vaccinated. She tentatively rescheduled me for November 15 so maybe I am off base with that.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I had a very low calorie intake yesterday, but not by choice. I had the flu shot on Wednesday and yesterday I had a fairly bad headache for a few hours. I took Tylenol and that with prayer from DH, I felt better. I didn't have an appetite, and I won't complain about that.

I tried on some of my summer clothes, and they are tight. I am still up in weight from this summer. I am going shopping after work to see if I can find any clearance racks. One pair of shorts and a swimsuit is all I really need. A light dress if I am able. I may not have any luck, but I will make due with what I have.

I hope your hairdresser is okay Paula. It seems like in Canada if you are not vaccinated, you can get quite sick from the Covid variant.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Paula…I am aware of some people going back to work after 10 days past positive Covid test…so your hair stylist could be cleared to work by 15th. I think if you have fever it’s X amount of days past fever etc?? So many rules and hard to keep straight. Hoping she does not have Covid so you cannot be exposed at all! Have you been able to receive your booster? I feel much better being out and about with my mask and having had the booster. Even then I am very cautious. I have an infected toe and had to see doctor yesterday. It was an same day care clinic but you make appointments on line…. and one woman there coughing a lot. NOT supposed to go there if you have Covid but sometimes I am thinking people do anyway??? I stayed at opposite end of the long waiting room but still was nervous.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Shari-your trip is so exciting! I hope you've had good luck with clothes shopping! Diane, I hope your toe is doing better! Paula, I was doing WW when everything shut down and was having success but didn't do well when they went to zoom meetings so I quit. My daughter has been asking me to do it with her-I'm still considering...
    I went to Goodwill yesterday and found two blazers to wear for the dog shows. I didn't want to put greasy dog treats in a jacket that I might want to wear to church some day-LOL!! The criteria was that they had to go with black or navy pants and had to have pockets. There wasn't much of a selection but I only needed two. Before the dog show, I have my "sister's shopping trip", which was cancelled last year. My sister and I go to Michigan Christmas shopping for three days. I am gathering ideas for gifts and will be cleaning all next week since she arrives Sunday, 11/14. She lives in Ohio but we don't get to see each other often so this makes shopping more fun and we get to spend time together. She is up to 10 grandchildren and had 3 when we started this outing tradition. Have a great evening and weekend!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Diane- I hope your toe is getting better. I am thinking it might be hard to wear shoes. I get nervous around people that cough. The big joke is that is more socially acceptable to fart in public than cough!

I had some very good luck shopping. There was only one swimsuit my size at the department store I went to. It fit and it was only $20. I don't love the pattern, but the cut of suit was okay on me. I also found two pair of pants that will be great to wear on the plane. I also found a summer dress on a clearance rack. I bought it too. Once I was done, I started to panic knowing it's November and I have not started Christmas shopping. I am usually well on my way by now. I think I will go out tonight and see if I can pick up a few items.

I think having a sister shopping trip would be so much fun!

I missed my goal by 1.2 pounds. I wasn't going to weigh in, but it's better not to hide from the truth. I know I set an easy goal, but I just seem unable to do this. I will keep working on it this week. Maybe I can make it by Friday. Then I may have to start all over after the trip. Sigh....
  • Paulawilldo
    Options

Shari, Wow and congrats on your shopping trip! What bargains you got!!! I am so happy for you. I am such a clothes lover. That is always in the back of my mind when it comes to weight loss….looking better in my clothes. I am so happy that you will be well and comfortably attired for you trip. I have been doing some Christmas shopping off and on for a while now, all online. I recently ordered 2 T shirts and 1 sweatshirt for John from the online store of the animal shelter where my friend Kellie volunteers. He will love them, and I am delighted to be able to support the shelter that way. They have some really nice items in their online store.

Diane, I hope your toe is getting better. That can be so painful and concerning. Good that you got medical attention! Prayers for you as always! I haven’t gotten my booster yet. I have been waiting until I felt comfortable knowing what one(s) would be ok for me. I have an old friend (actually an old beau) who is a physician (now retired) and whose judgements and opinions I still greatly value. (Shari, remember when he came back into my life in June 2019?....well we have continued to be in contact with each other but not in person now that Covid is here and he has had cancer.) Anyway, he recently told me it would fine for me to get a booster that is not J & J. He, too, had the J & J (which is why I wanted that one in April), and he is planning to get the Moderna booster. So, I will check also with my family doc just to be sure, but I definitely wanted his opinion first.

DW, Your sisters shopping tradition sounds like a great way to shop for Christmas. That is definitely something I would have enjoyed back when I didn’t have these mobility issues. (Of course, as an only child I don’t have the joy of having a sister.) I am so interested in your upcoming dog show experiences. I love to watch the dog shows on TV. Your jackets from Goodwill sound perfect for your needs. I miss shopping at the thrift shop near where I get my nails done. The thrift shop went out of business due to the pandemic, and it looks like it won’t be reopening. My friends have been doing WW online and meeting with success. I am seriously considering doing that.

I didn’t check in here yesterday because I fell asleep really early in the evening. I didn’t feel like I was having a flare or anything bad, but I just felt really tired. I feel great today so I guess I just needed that extra rest. Having an extra hour tonight from turning back the clocks will be welcome too. I weighed in this morning and stayed the same, a bit disappointing. But I was on track today and will keep at it.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I hope you have all had a good weekend! Shari, great shopping! So happy that you were able to find what you needed at great prices! Paula, I always love the "fall backwards" time change and am not a fan of "spring forward". I wish we could stay in this time frame! Diane, I hope you are on the mend!! I continue to struggle with night time eating but was able to do all three yoga classes this weekend! I also continue to procrastinate on cleaning for my sister's visit. She will drive here next Sunday and spend the night and we will leave on our shopping adventure the following day. I have been doing some shopping online because many toy stores seem to have disappeared. This outing will be a test to see if I am in better shape then when we last went 2 yrs ago. On that trip, my feet hurt from the start and my ankles swelled up the first day and stayed that way. At that point I decided that I needed to go into training for our next trip (not thinking that it would be in 2 years). Looking back, my weight is down from that time, which was only a couple of months after I retired.
    I had great news yesterday-my grandsons both received their first vaccines! My DIL sent me a photo where the boys were both smiling and showing off their bandaids. Have a great Monday!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Paula, I do remember when your old beau came back into your life. I didn't realize you were still connecting. That's wonderful. I have heard of many getting boosters, but I never ask if they are getting a different type. So far I have been okay being mixed vaccinated. I like to think I have very good Covid protection. But who knows?!? Glad your grandkids were vaccinated DW. Good news.

I agree DW, the fall backwards is so much better! Our province voted to do away with the time change but those in favour of daylight saving time won, but by a very slim margin. So we set the clocks back and will move them ahead in the Spring.

I only have three days of work this week with Thursday being a stat holiday so I will really need to get a lot done to leave things in good shape while I am away. So excited! Wish I had worked harder on my weight loss. It's just not happening.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Hello everyone! Struggling a bit. Between sciatic flare on my left side (aggravated by golf but was already flared previous) and toe on right foot still not healed. I am going to make a follow up appointment for Thursday as I take last antibiotics tomorrow night. It is better but still aware of it. May need more antibiotics or a different type??

Paula, you must have needed that nap! Glad you had an extra overnight hour. We don’t change our time ever in AZ and I like that better than the switch back and forth in MN when we lived there. Of course we get abundant sunshine here year round. One of my sisters hates early evening getting dark but I never have really minded it. Both MN and AZ have ample stock of Moderna and Pfizer….we found boosters easily available all over from CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart and several grocery chains. I hope it is same in PA! Everyone we know now has their booster and no “horror stories” about booking online, easy peasy. Some places required appointments made online which is what we chose and we chose a Walgreens with a clinic area so we were comfortable waiting our turn as they had a few chairs etc and a room for the shots. I know several people who just walked in to grocery store and asked at pharmacy window and got shots that way. They shopped for groceries until their name was called. Hope you and John can receive your boosters soon.🤞😍

DW…good luck shopping! I am past my body’s ability for marathon shopping trips…🎶those were the days my friend, we thought they’d never end🎶….but they have for me. 🤪. That said, go for it! I always enjoyed our times doing that Christmas shopping and know you will be glad always of memories made doing this with your sister! 😍👍

Shari….exciting to be Mexico bound! The weather and the get away will be wonderful! I hope it is an awesome trip!! No one else will notice or care about a couple extra lbs you didn’t lose…forget it and just enjoy the moments with your DH in the sun and surf! Dieting can wait until you get home again…(as we all know)! After a mental reset of vacation it is easier to restart! Enjoy! ✈️ 🌴 🌞🌴🌞 ✈️
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, What a relief it must be for you to know that your grandsons got their vaccinations. I smiled when I read that in your post!!! I hope you don’t stress too much over cleaning for your sister. I have reached the point where at times I accept that I just do the best I can and celebrate whatever I accomplish no matter how large or small. You were right about the WW program changing this week. My friends have filled me in, and I am seriously considering doing the online program. They have explained it to me in some detail, and it seems that every plan is individualized based on personal preferences to some degree. It sounds like a program I could live with (at least for a while).

Shari, It took me a while to open up to being back in frequent touch with Dave. My heart goes out to him given his cancer and his overall medical situation. As you might recall, at one time he meant a lot to me. Sometimes he calls me while he is getting his chemo as talking helps him pass the time. We continue to have a lot in common, even after all these years have passed. I consider us now to be just good friends, without any notions of romance, but it is quite clear that we care for each other a great deal, and I will do whatever I can to help him.

Diane, I was wondering what AZ did in terms of daylight savings time. I forgot to ask my friend Ed (in Tucson) last time we talked. I don’t mind the early darkness all that much. It sort of fits with my winter nesting mindset. I am planning on scouting out the vaccine options in my area and am hoping that my Giant pharmacy will be able to provide what John and I need as minimal walking was required there.

I had a good day yesterday and am on track so far today. Yesterday I accomplished quite a bit of housework with the intention that I would be able to take it a little easier today, so that is what I am doing, kind of as a reward for all of yesterday’s efforts. I am making turkey breast cutlets for supper with a substantial salad and some yams. I expect that will keep me satisfied for the evening when I plan to curl up with a book in our family room. Tomorrow John and I have appointments with our ophthalmologist, the first one since Covid. I usually go every year because of potential side effects from one of the RA meds I take, but I skipped the appointment last year. John goes once every 2 years so I waited till we could go together.

Have a great evening friends!!
  • DW2022
    Options
    HI Everybody! Diane, I hope you will be feeling better soon!! Shari, have a wonderful trip!! Paula, I will try to not make myself too crazy with the house but now my husband has scheduled an electrician for 8:15 next Monday morning (first opening they had). My sister arrives on Sunday and we plan to leave Monday morning but not before 8:15.....now I'm cleaning for 2 people -LOL!! My husband wants to put up a light that will cover our backyard since we have to let dogs out in the dark. He has the light and I should be glad that he's having an electrician do it and not trying to do it himself! Monday will just be for an estimate.
    Well, I joined WW yesterday. I made a 3 month commitment with one of those being free. I'm doing online only. I checked for a local group since some have resumed meetings but locally they have not started back up. I figure that three months will be enough time for me to figure out if it's worth continuing... tomorrow I see my Dr for a follow up on my bloodwork. Should be interesting. That's all my news...have a great evening and super Wednesday!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options

DW, Great idea for the light in your backyard. We have both a sensor light primarily for safety purposes and a regular switch on light in our backyard...well worth it. I am now an online member of WW too! I took the assessment and like what I have seen so far. I think it will be a welcome change from the 17DD even with the modifications I added to the plan. I am optimistic that WW could be the change I need to drop more weight. I am looking at the app and the online website. Have you found the place where we log our water? I am learning how to navigate with the app and the website but haven't found where to keep track of my water consumption.

So today is a bit of a transition day for me as I switch over to the new WW program. With that in mind, I think I had a very good day in terms of food choices. John and I had our ophthalmologist appointments today and all is excellent. I still need only readers, which I have oodles of all over the house. John's prescription hasn't changed enough to warrant new glasses. Woo Hoo! We just love our ophthalmologist. We have been with him 22 years and enjoy seeing him. I always joke that this is the best medical appointment because they don't have me step on a scale!!! I passed all the extra tests they give me (required because of one of the meds I take). Another Woo Hoo!

• DW2022
    Options

Hello! Shari and Diane, I hope you are both doing well! Paula, great news on your Opthalmologist appointments for you and John! I also had a good appointment this morning, with my Dr assuring me that the concerns I had with my bloodwork are not really concerns. When I see something that is not within the "typical" range, I never know how concerned I should be since I don't know what is a little bit outside and what constitutes a lot outside the typical range. My weight was down about 3 lbs since my last visit-not what I think should have happened, but down is down and she was pleased. In looking over the past two years, there has definitely been improvement in some of my bloodwork numbers based on the changes in my diet. Paula, when I open my app, and select "food" at the top where you can choose "food" or "activity", below it I see a blue rectangle that says "week of Nov 8-14", the points I have and have used are at the top of the page and right below that it says "veggies" and below that "water". Then it lists breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. I hope that helps! I haven't looked for water on the computer version yet. Everyone have a good evening!

• Paulawilldo
    Options

DW, I am just like you when it comes to the results of blood tests. What a relief that your doc reassured you and congrats on weighing less at your check up. Thanks for the info on the water on the WW app. I will check it out. I had difficulty tonight with both the WW app and the website. I never know if it is my computer, our internet, or if the WW is having an issue. I am glad to see that MFP here is working well. I am so accustomed to using my laptop much more than my phone apps that I will have to make a concerted effort to be more "with it" and use the WW app and apps in general I guess.

I did well with food choices today, got my nails done, and did a few "to do" items. Tomorrow is pick up for the ShopRite order and stopping at my friend Sandi's to give her some things for a project at her (my old) church. Hard to believe Thanksgiving (U.S.) is just 2 weeks from today! I will get a free turkey breast from ShopRite next week. Our Thanksgiving plans are still up in the air. Last year it was just John and me, and we didn't do our traditional get together with our dear friends, including Nancy and her sister. I will be fine to do the same again this year but get the sense that Nancy would like to do our joint dinner again as we have done for many many years. I will probably discuss things with her soon.

Here comes the weekend!!