WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    1ssc7oflhiy9.png

Happy News!

@jessicakrall8 has agreed to step up to the role of Moderator! She has been a fantastic captain for Team Trimstones for a long time, and we are very glad to have her join us. Jessica will be taking on the Group Challenges, as well as the ongoing work to keep the teams running smoothly, our members getting the most out of Fat 2 Fit, and the Captains and Motivators getting all the support they need. She will still be at the helm of the Trimstones, and I am sure they will agree that she is worth sharing with the entire Group. Welcome!
    @jugar @minstrelofsarcasm @Megan_smartiepants1970
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 steps and stuff

lqw3kk4o0sba.jpeg

Mon Pilates 16 minutes, 32 minute stationary bike
    T, W, F 16 minutes Pilates
    Thursday 20 minutes Pilates

I had a NSV yesterday. Put on a size 14 jeans I had in my drawer and the felt great.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @DD265 Congrats on your PB - that's great. In terms of step reporting, daily or weekly is just fine with me - your preference!

@jugar I can hear your excitement for getting back to your normal exercise program in all your posts. I haven't been sick yet since I started so while I'm sorry you're feeling crappy it's been a great example - I like to think I'll feel the same as you (excited to get back at it, taking it easy but trying to fit in what I feel up to). Glad you got to enjoy the woods today

@micki48 That's a great NSV - thanks for sharing. You have been doing so well! How are things with your granddaughter going lately?

Didn't get out for that hike but had a nice walk instead and then did my first Peloton Bike Bootcamp (combo of biking and strength). It was fun. We also got our dumbbell rack set up so the home gym is coming together nicely.

Exercise was 10829 steps, 17 minutes of biking and 13 minutes full body bodyweight

Weekend is over already???? Man oh man ;)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Great NSV! I think slipping into a smaller size is one of the best feelings ever. Congrats 👏

@eggfreak Love the flowers and the show sounds like it will be nice for those cold days.

@jugar glad you are perking up and getting outside.

@DD265 Congrats on your run today! Sounds like all of your work is paying off. You are so dedicated!

@ashleycarole86 So excited for you to hit the 100 lbs gone milestone 🙌

@Pearl4686 I think that is a complicated topic that has a lot of gray area. A visitor could come to my house and tell me sugar is bad and they wouldn't necessarily be wrong but it's not a black and white answer. All joints are going to wear out eventually. Listening to your body is obviously important. As long as you approach your workouts with common sense and give yourself recovery time there is no reason why you can't continue to enjoy running. If you're still worried don't just take your visitors word, do your own research and check in with a doctor. You can always work with a physical therapist to ensure you are doing everything you can to enjoy running as long as possible.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Today was an inside day as we are having a lot of wind. Tomorrow we are supposed to have 60 mph winds! Definitely picking up takeout tomorrow incase we don't have power when I get home. If we are out for a few days I will set up the outdoor oven. Fingers crossed I don't have to.

Today I was in calories and I was able to do a 1 hour weight lifting workout.

Yesterday was also good for calories. I took portraits of my kids Saturday so I got my cardio in hiking around with the camera trying out a few spots. I think I got some good pictures but I haven't even started editing. I might send them off to be edited professionally.

Friday was my free day and I don't log. I know I was way over because I ended up at Starbucks twice. I did a ton of house cleaning so that's good.

@ashleycarole86 I agree! The weekend flew by 🥺
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Pearl4686 I have jumped rope in a long time but 1600 sounds like a lot, and surely when your previous record was 1000... I can see why you're sore. I get the competition thing too, happens to the best of us :)

Last call for steps for Nov 7-13 to make it on this week's report!
    @eggfreak @sljjjembeca
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    bowens1973 wrote: »
    @Terytha apologies for the delayed response. Fellow O & G from YYC? Small world! Have you joined the local CSSE chapter? I've belonged for a few years but have yet to attend a meeting, but would really like to - just not big on walking in to a room of strangers. I hear it's great networking for those in our industry.

I didn't know it was a thing honestly. I kind of landed in Safety by accident and I've spent the last few years just doing my best to pick it up as I go. My education and work experience are more land use research/law based. =P

I honestly should probably look more into it but I'm also not great at walking into rooms full of strangers.
  • ashleycarole86
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @micki48

Absolutely adorable. Love the picture with the tree! Thanks for sharing. Nothing worse than cranking out a huge post and having it go into the void!!
This discussion has been closed.