WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    It’s going to be a tough couple weeks! I’ll have Thanksgiving with family on Thursday and Saturday and then a 5 day convention in Las Vegas the following week.

Don't forget about the 31 pounds you have lost - hang on to the trajectory and try to make the smallest bump you can! Have a good time with family and during the convention, though - plan what you can do to keep the food reasonable and still enjoy. Keep us posted!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed @ashleycarole86 @jugar @PlaneMonkey @sljjjembeca thank you for your words of advice and support! I'm going to change up my diet a bit (although I love my breakfasts, it's the one meal I look forward to everyday).

I guess I'm trying to eat a lot of protein because I want to maintain my muscle mass while losing. Does anyone have any advice about that? I know you can't really build muscle while eating at a calorie deficit so maybe that's just futile on my part.

I'm feeling a bit better today - it's amazing what sleep does. I guess I just need to focus on making sustainable changes because I know I won't stick to the "diet" otherwise
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    cjwqplhazah8.jpeg
    I use my larger bowl for salads (romaine, julienned green beans & carrots - leftover, and sliced flank steak). For dressing I use my favorite; apple cider vinegar and gomasio (roasted sesame seeds & sea salt).
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The part of my comment that disappeared was that my 2 kitties really *love* meat but not so much salad greens - this helps my digestion system function better, too, so it's a win-win-win! well, maybe not for the poor kitties who adore the wee slices of fat I cut off and toss to them in the kitchen, but I digress!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I hope everybody has had a good week, even if in the smallest of ways!

@ashleycarole86

Sunday 14th - 10,376
    Monday 15th - 6,667
    Tuesday 16th - 7,585
    Wednesday 17th - 10,235
    Thursday 18th - 11,934
    Friday 19th - 2,510
    Saturday 20th - 13,659

It's 8pm but I'm not going to do much more today so figured I'd add the steps now. Any guesses for which day I didn't leave the house?! I wouldn't mind, except I really was busy doing things (I was off work) but I suppose the house is pretty small so even going from the office to the kitchen doesn't get you many steps.

I'm slowly starting to feel better. I was improving on Tuesday and then it hit me again Wednesday, so I haven't run at all this week which is bad and my right glute is not thanking me. I've done a fair amount of walking though, and we'll do 6-8 miles tomorrow with my colleague followed by a pub lunch which I am really looking forward to because we're going somewhere new and I do love exploring. Today we've bought the flooring for the living room and hallways, but that won't be fitted until the new year. If plaster, paint and new flooring doesn't do make those areas look clean, I'll be left with no choice but to knock the house down and start over. :D

I've been overindulging this week - if it wasn't fast food then it was vast quantities of snacks. I do this when I'm physically or mentally stressed (check and check!). I also find that batch cooking is perhaps more calorific generally; it's not that the chilli, curry or stew is excessive, but that comes in with the sides so that's an area I need to look at. We always have curry AND rice AND naan, for example, or if it's garlic bread we'll usually split a serving for 4 between 2/3 portions because it doesn't reheat well. We did a nice big shop at the butchers today, so we're going to make chilli, beef rogan josh and smoked beef & paprika stew. We're also having our first stir fry for a few weeks!

I need to make a change to my 'diet' but don't have the capacity for anything big, so this coming week I'm going to make sure I'm drinking 3L of water a day. When I'm in the zone I easily drink that much, and it should help me feel less run down.
This discussion has been closed.