Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    @TEXASTITCHER That cranberry sauce sounds delectable! I usually make Cranberry Apple Ginger Chutney for myself, but I think I'll give this a go when I cook our dinner for home, this weekend!
  • SusanM18MFP
    SusanM18MFP Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I made cranberry sauce from the recipe on the bag. My brother insisted since that's how mom did it.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    @bookieNJ - Thank you ♥️ Was diagnosed only several years ago. Am doing all I can.. slowly, frustratingly but surely😊😂 Glad t to hear that your hubby is A-OK. Hope you had a wonderful time at macy’s parade.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you ♥️ Wow, an inspiring👍👏 100lbs is a lot. Thank you for sharing with me. Yes, the med makes one gain weight😭 Without health issues, it's already hard. But with health issues, everything is 2x harder. But, am not giving up. 😉
    Have a wonderful Thursday ♥️
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I make the cranberry sauce for the recipe on the bag or just wing it. This year I did regular and one with Splenda. My uncle loved both.

Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very busy day. Got all my exercise but my main workout done. Had over 15,000 steps by 10 am. That never happens. Took Mom to her appointment. Stopped at McDonald's for my free med fries and 2 small hot choclates that I won. Ate the fries on the walk home as I was running late for work. Good thing I only work 2 doors down from my house. Work today was more wall washing. Called my TOPS ride to make arrangements to see her Friday to see her apartment and talk about how much I will charge her for cleaning. My standard is $25/hr but I do make exceptions. As she drives Mom and I to and from TOPS and doesn't charge us I plan to give her a discount.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    cudydbno4rgu.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,261 Member
    Options
    @SusanM18MFP ,, I've made it from the bag. Its really good with just half the sugar, and not even any of the kids complained so I doubt if they noticed.
    @Jadepearl ,, Indeed meds and or health conditions surely make a difference. As said it was 10 years, but 10 years I had ,, because here I am today! If I'd not of lost it would I be here today? It's on the doubtful side. I had a stroke in 2012, I fully recovered (LOL As far as I am concerned) a brain aneurysm surgery to put in a stent before it ruptured (YO That's so AWESOME they found it accidently) and now I am in congestive heart failure, there's no doubt that'd be so much worse if I'd not of lost the weight. I was a diabetic, well I'll always carry that label, and it does still affect my body. So the meds for the heart failure alone, and to keep the blood flowing through the stent in my brain do of course have their side effects, but they also keep us alive. I am so happy you are alive and here also. Sometimes I need to remind myself of where I'd be without the meds, would I be? Indeed that makes me happy they have them.
    @CSEGUIN2 ,,, LOTS of steps!! YO!! Hey congrats!! WOW You easily burned off the calories!! Such a nice arrangement of cleaning/ rides!!
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,302 Member
    Options
    I make my cranberry sauce using orange juice - maybe 1 cup of juice to about 3cups of cranberries and no more than 1/3 cup of sugar. I toss in some ginger and cinnamon. Takes very little time on the stove and it's NOT too sweet. Just have to cook it until the skins pop and it will thicken as it cools.
    To those who are celebrating tomorrow:

l5a3jweicr7m.png

• Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    zua9kizuqazq.gif
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!
  • bevpresley1
    bevpresley1 Posts: 5,416 Member
    Options
    Started this morning blowing leaves of the porches and mulching the ones in the yard. Got our morning walk in just before lunch. When hubby went to work I headed over to tend our friend's horses. One is a bit pushy, so he got his cookie last. Then headed home to clean and get everything ready to cook in the morning.

Wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
  • ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    So grateful for the Winter challenge and this wonderful team!! I was out of town and almost completely missed the sign up.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating today!!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    It's 32 feels like 23 with a high of 43 for today. Axe Sharpening: The importance of having outlets from the madness is more important now than ever. Healthy ways to deal with mental struggles…the gym, the outdoors, whatever you enjoy…get some good people together and do it.~~~Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy US Thanksgiving. Happy International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women!! Fitness quote for today: I'm working on a new me.~~~unknown Motivational quote for today: You are the only one who has the GPS to your life. Don't let anyone else change the address.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,926 steps yesterday. Today's training plan 45 min cardio for Active Recovery day.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    f80htf4l1126.jpeg
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,742 Member
    Options
    Good Day Challengers! Today is Thursday's Thankfulness and the Thanksgiving Holiday in America! Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

Happy Thursday Thankfulness to those who don't necessarily celebrate the Holiday but still have much to be thankful for.
    i3rd65lsgb2y.jpeg
  • jadepearl
    Options
    @Jadepearl ,, Indeed meds and or health conditions surely make a difference. As said it was 10 years, but 10 years I had ,, because here I am today! If I'd not of lost it would I be here today? It's on the doubtful side. I had a stroke in 2012, I fully recovered (LOL As far as I am concerned) a brain aneurysm surgery to put in a stent before it ruptured (YO That's so AWESOME they found it accidently) and now I am in congestive heart failure, there's no doubt that'd be so much worse if I'd not of lost the weight. I was a diabetic, well I'll always carry that label, and it does still affect my body. So the meds for the heart failure alone, and to keep the blood flowing through the stent in my brain do of course have their side effects, but they also keep us alive. I am so happy you are alive and here also. Sometimes I need to remind myself of where I'd be without the meds, would I be? Indeed that makes me happy they have them.

Sending you lots of hugs ❤️ Life sure throw us a curveball now and then. You my friend is not only a strong woman, a fighter, you are my inspiration and motivation. Thank you for sharing🙏❤️ We will continue fighting and be strong. Love this group as you know that there's always people who will encourage and won't allow you to fall of the wagon. One of the wonders of the WWW.😘
    Have a wonderful Thursday ♥️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Good morning 😊
    How are you guys today? How's your Thanksgiving? It's going to be Summer for us soon, 1st December. Have seen listening to the news and it says we will be having a cooler but wetter Summer due to La Nina. Don't really like hot weather do if its going to be cooler, I will take it. So, it might be a rainy Christmas this year🎄☔
    Have a wonderful Friday ❤️
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    pnswdvfwgmr2.jpg