Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 good luck with the shot. I really hope it helps.
    My back is better. It still hurts when I am standing for a few minutes, but doesn't hurt much while walking.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday Downsizers! Here is my daily check-in:

12/8:
    Calories: 1,116
    Exercise: 60 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes stretching class - that stretching made me feel great - I'm going to try to do it every day
    Steps: 16,182

I started today off right with 85 minutes of elliptical and 20 minutes of stretching class - looking forward to having a wonderful day - I hope you all do too!

I love stretching in the pool. I can feel a difference on the days I don’t stretch long enough.You started your day off right for sure. Thanks for the well wishes.

Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 218.0
    CW: 219.4
    Not surprised--been a little off track this last week 😯

You know what you need to do this week. I know you can get on track.

❌ Steps
    ❌Closed rings (closed 2/3)
    ❌Calories (darn candy canes)

It’s injection day! I am so excited. I must be a little insane as who gets excited for have a needle stuck in their spine. Please pray or send positive thoughts that this works!

Happy Thursday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 3,288

Good luck ...sending you positive thoughts

Thanks!

tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Praying that the injection does what it is supposed to do and that all goes well.

Thank you very much!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Friday eve is over.
    Check in for 12/9:
    Steps - 2915.
    Calories - 1650
    Exercise - none. Rain, cold, wind. Stayed inside with the exception of going to the vampire lair to let them siphon from me.

Consider it a rest day! Thanks for the positive thoughts.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 138
    CW: 140😳😬. It will be fine...!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 138
    CW: 140😳😬. It will be fine...!!

Of course it will!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ❌ Steps
    ❌ Closed rings (closed 2/3)
    ✅ Calories

PW 199.6
    CW 198.8

Smaller loss than last week but my weight hasn’t had a 2 in front of it since November 30th. Maybe I am settling into onderland. 🤷‍♀️ I am surprised at the loss as we had pizza last night. Usually that means lots of water retention. This week the eating starts getting tricky as we are going to a steakhouse on Monday to begin the celebrations of my granddaughters 16th and my Mom gets here on Friday. My mom is a weird eater with both food and the times she wants to eat.

So on to my back. Did it work? I don’t know. I was awake most of the night which I think is a result of the steroid. He injected into a slightly different area to see if I get relief. I will let you know tomorrow. Also, the doctor told me not to worry as he can try other things with my back. I see him the first week of January. I am taking it easy for today and probably tomorrow. I am allowed back in the pool after 48 hours. Now to cross my fingers that the pool maintenance is done for the weekend. Thanks once again for all the positive thoughts.

Happy FriYAY!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 3,464
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1492 boo!
    Steps 8971 ya!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Downsizers! My check-in for the day:

12/9:
    Calories: 1,191
    Exercise: 85 minutes elliptical and 20 mins stretching class
    Steps: 16,627

I hope all of you are doing well!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Rwood566
    Weight in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 248.8
    CW: 248.8. no change.

I spent the week bouncing after the big drop last Friday. All good and expected. I think I am very close to my bottom so losses will be rarer.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW: 220.0
    CW: 219.2 (loss 0.8lbs)
    LTD: 27.8
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the vet ... at this time no stones in Aspen and she doesn't have to take the horse pills anymore YAY!!! Both dogs go back next month for their rabies shots

@Megan_smartiepants1970 That's great news! I'm so happy for Aspen and for you!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,488 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a beautiful day here today. there is going to be a lot of rain overnight tonight into tomorrow. my daughter says hello to everyone. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper today. i am going to the local arts and crafts store in a while. i like to do those paint by numbers pictures and i want to get a new one to do. i enjoy doing creative things. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the vet ... at this time no stones in Aspen and she doesn't have to take the horse pills anymore YAY!!! Both dogs go back next month for their rabies shots

@Megan_smartiepants1970 That's great news! I'm so happy for Aspen and for you!

Thank you so much :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Looks like you guys pulled out some great numbers this round.

I just wanted to stop in and give an update.

I finally healed from my injury... At least 95%, it generally doesn't bother me anymore. I was able to actually start doing cardio again this week for the first time. ANd I got 4 days of cardio in during the last 6... And I'll be getting at least 5 days a cardio a week going forward.

My weight still hasn't started to go down... I'm currently up a total of 20 pounds from my lowest weight. However I'm not concerned. I've made a lot of aggressive changes to my diet since the injury, and I put a more emphasis on eating to build muscle and eating more in general trying to repair my metabolism.

I'm still taking lots of L-arginine well known to cause water retention... I also recently started creatine again makes a normal guy gain 5-10 pounds of water, so I can only imagine what it does to me. lol

And I've upped my protein to a whopping 250-280+ grams per day. And 2500-2800 calories a day. (When I started I commonly ate 1400 - 1800 per day).

Heck I go beyond the pail. I time my protein intake now spacing it out just so, and I even eat special slow absorb proteins before bed (7 hour absorbtion), and in the afternoon... Literally not a moment goes buy that my blood doesn't have amino acids floating in it preventing catabolism and aiding anabolic effect.

And for all that work... My weight training has taken off like I'm a newbie all over again. I Just benched 100 pounds dumbbells for 9 reps the other day. (Moving up to 105 Wednesday). I squatted 205 pounds for 10 reps earlier today (thanks to the fact my transformer bar finally arrived which lets me squat comfortably.). I'm dumbell rowing 120 pounds for 12 reps, or 140 pounds for 6.

So yes, I've gained 20 pounds since my lowest but my fat is actually down and I'm visually much stronger...

The only downside some aspect of me generally hurts like hell at night when i try to sleep (where as I don't ache during the day... which i find interesting). Particularly my shoulders. I can't side sleep anymore. My biceps can often ache the day after bicep days. I'm hoping it's only because they are going through a growth spurt, cause the pain is the good kind, and I can tell they are growing.. But it sucks from a sleep aspect. lol

So yeah, I feel like I'm on top my game and making great progress. The scale will eventually come around. ;)
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    MeowScout
    Friday WI
    PW 252.5
    CW 251

6000 Steps today.

Yay! Happy for a good week. I am out of town for the weekend—whew what a drive in the rain and fog to Racine Wisconsin. I am an associate of the Racine Dominicans and I have not come to a gathering in a long time. So after a long drive and a busy day, guess who is exercising in the guest room before bed. Gotta get those steps!! There should be lots of walking tomorrow though Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    It’s great to hear from you! Glad your pain has settled down. Keep making strides in your strength training and cardio. The scales will eventually cooperate. You have such a great attitude towards everything it is very refreshing. I hope the aches go away as well but maybe it’s just old age creeping in. 😂. Just kidding! Your body is probably adjusting to your gains in strength training. My son recently bought a body pillow from Sleep Country and he finds his sleep is much better. Of course it was pricey coming from there. You might want to give it a try. There are lots of places to get cheaper ones.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1492 boo!
    Steps 8971 ya!

Fantastic steps! Is this from walking the dogs?

Happy Friday Downsizers! My check-in for the day:

12/9:
    Calories: 1,191
    Exercise: 85 minutes elliptical and 20 mins stretching class
    Steps: 16,627

I hope all of you are doing well!

Awesome steps! How are you finding the stretching?

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW: 220.0
    CW: 219.2 (loss 0.8lbs)
    LTD: 27.8

Nice loss! Glad aspen is ok.

happy friday everyone! it is a beautiful day here today. there is going to be a lot of rain overnight tonight into tomorrow. my daughter says hello to everyone. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper today. i am going to the local arts and crafts store in a while. i like to do those paint by numbers pictures and i want to get a new one to do. i enjoy doing creative things. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.

Creative hobby’s are a great way to distract ourselves from food cravings. Are the paint by numbers hard?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Another weekend has rolled in. Get out and enjoy it.
    Check in for 12/10:
    Steps - 10068. Lots of shopping today.
    Calories - 1550 or close.
    Exercise - none. Out shopping in the morning and evening. Bought a 1x shirt. A bit snug but fits. It is a long way from the 6x I started in.

Nice NSV! Over 10k steps, you must of shopped until you dropped.

MeowScout wrote: »
    MeowScout
    Friday WI
    PW 252.5
    CW 251

6000 Steps today.

Yay! Happy for a good week. I am out of town for the weekend—whew what a drive in the rain and fog to Racine Wisconsin. I am an associate of the Racine Dominicans and I have not come to a gathering in a long time. So after a long drive and a busy day, guess who is exercising in the guest room before bed. Gotta get those steps!! There should be lots of walking tomorrow though Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Awesome loss! Like your dedication to meeting your step goal.
This discussion has been closed.