WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Greetings team!

As Ashley said, we did not have the greatest losing week as a team, but there were a few intrepid, committed members who kept the green thread going. Well done!

I had a lovely day with lovely new snow to tramp through - not quite enough for the snowshoes yet, but getting there. One more day like this one, and I'll be off galumphing.

@deniners2 Can't wait to hear more about your next year challenge! If this week's loss is any indication, you're off to a flying start.

Feel better soon @YinxFed !!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed Hope you feel better soon.

@jugar Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. Great workout week for you though.

@ashleycarole86 You cold makes me feel cold. We’ve had scary warm days (I love them but know they are not good for our planet). Now our temperatures are dropping fast. Supposed to get to 27°F tonight after being low 70s yesterday.

I have had so many goodies in my house it’s crazy. Our sweet friends sent a beautiful box of cookies some are their own developed cookie recipes. My neighbor brought some ooey. Gooey bars. Plus all the cookies I made. Sugar yesterday. Pizzelles today. Believe it or not, I’m kind of sick of them. I’m not eating tons, but still having a couple a day. I’ll be glad when they are gone. And not because I ate them.

Lots of holiday prep here and caution with all the bad news about the pandemic. Scientists are saying the next month and a half is going to be the worse. This makes me so sad.

Here are my weak stats this week:
    z9y2f567dzc2.jpeg

Monday-Wednesday 15 minutes Pilates
    Friday 10 minutes Pilates
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in update ----

Sunday -
    @graceojo999

Monday -
    @DD265
    @kdblpn

thanks!
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    Sunday Dec 12: 1890
    Monday Dec 13: 7805
    Tuesday Dec 14: 4451
    Wednesday Dec 15: 7065
    Thursday Dec 16: 3565
    Friday Dec 17: 7953
    Saturday Dec 18: 6024
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    thank you so much @ashleycarole86. Soon it will be my turn to congratulate you on getting into the 180s!

I am still eating at a 500 calorie deficit losing 5ish pounds a month. Hope to reach 160 pounds(15% bf) by March and then increase my intake to a 200 cal deficit. Since I take my weight in kgs, it can be demoralizing to see a .5 drop in the numbers but on the plus side, I am putting on muscle! It is an amazing feeling noticing your stomach shrink one day and then waking up the next day to see that your forearms look bigger.

I did myself a giant favor last week and got a new weighing scale. This one was just 15 bucks more but is a 100 times better. The last one gave me a different reading every time I stepped on it (which was a bit stressful) but this one doesn't budge — one and done! I get the same reading every time and I also like all the extra data the app sends to my phone.

32fcvm4dtmfo.png
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry about the late post. I forgot to weigh myself then eat something at work yesterday.

Pw 107.2
    Cw 106.2

I wasn’t very good this week but still lost weight which is probably because it’s early on in my journey. I will stick to my calorie limit as much as possible this week and do some walking as well
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps for last week:

Sunday 12/12: 3,000 (this is an estimate, my pedometer was acting up)
    Monday 12/13: 11,952
    Tuesday 12/14: 9,269
    Wednesday 12/15: 8,705
    Thursday 12/16: 5,536
    Friday 12/17: 1,612
    Saturday 12/18: 1,428

I had a mostly lazy weekend and my birthday cheat day turned into a 4 day long off track streak. But hopefully I'll be back on track most of this week and the scale won't be too bad when I weigh in on Wednesday.
  • jugar
    Options
    I had a mostly lazy weekend and my birthday cheat day turned into a 4 day long off track streak. But hopefully I'll be back on track most of this week and the scale won't be too bad when I weigh in on Wednesday.
    Beware the Birthday! They are ferocious. I had a bad week I'm blaming on someone else's birthday (how lame is that??) - I think birthdays are learning something from omicron or something...

So back on track! We have a few days until the next blowout, I hope?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 80.9
    CW: 80.5
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 yep, sadly it set my goal weight back by a good 15 lbs :D:'(
  • jugar
    Options
    So far all the Sunday - Monday weigh-ins are in the green! Losers all around! Be inspired, later-in-the-week people :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Mighty quiet in here! I hope everyone is having a good time, a good rest, or that your to-do lists are shrinking.

Enjoy the Solstice tomorrow!

weigh-ins due Monday-Tuesday:
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    So quiet! I know the holiday season is FUN but it can also be full of stress. Hope everyone is remembering to let a little thing go here or there and to focus on what's important.

I say it out loud because I needed to hear it....

Will post my exercise stats tomorrow because I'm still busy stepping!! Night all.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sorry, been way too busy cooking to be online lol. We spent over 3x our normal amount at the butchers, which means we probably won't go again until mid-January, but that also meant a LOT of batch cooking.

Since Saturday, I have made:
    Spicy Moroccan lamb soup
    Golden vegetable soup
    Roasted sweet potato and carrot soup
    Lamb Rogan Josh
    Beef Rogan Josh
    Pork and sweet potato stew

I still have sausage rolls (minimal effort, admittedly) and spicy chicken pasta to make today! The freezers are pretty full but I think I'll get the last few containers in, just. :D

I'm just going through the motions at work now; I am so ready for a break. Whilst we will be off work, we have to prepare a large part of the house for plastering/decorating so I think we'll still be pretty busy, but hopefully we'll get plenty of downtime in as well.

I had a training session this morning where we re-visited my max wattage on the rower and assault bike; I beat my previous records on both. I went in with quite a few niggles, in part due to having a covid booster on Saturday leading me to protect my arm and aggravate my shoulders, but the workout and massage helped.

I hope everybody is well!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    12/20 exercise:
    10078 steps + 50 minutes Peloton + 15 minutes Barre (thought of you @KellyBgetsfit - my first time!)
This discussion has been closed.