Options

Replies

• dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Username: dsgoingtodoit

PW: 255.5
    CW: 255

Wishing all a grace filled morning.... God bless you as you strive to bless those around you. Be kind to yourself too!

I am starting today with a discarding of treats that tempt me.
    TMI, don't read if sensitive...I feel bloated from sodium and a very heavy visit from Aunt Flo. I thought that being on tamoxifen would stop all of that. So, perhaps my scale will be lower after all of this fluid retention is no longer an issue.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Dec 27, 2021)
    PW: 216.1
    CW: 217.6
    SW: 240

Well, at least it was a fun month full of family and celebrations. I guess I'll look at this as a way to help inspire my New Year's resolution to do better. I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining us ... Please welcome @nerdeegurl33 :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @nerdeegurl33 Welcome!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Happy 2nd Day of Christmas!

Steps 12/23 1439
    12/24 6000
    12/25 6000

Friday and Saturday, I did my Walk video, in the living room, but not alone! My 13 yo son and our adorable 79 yo Godmother joined in! Staying within range of my health goals feels great. Blessing be upon all of you!

That makes it an even better workout when family joins in.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Have to change my calories for yesterday. Trying to stay up to watch cartoons led to a snack binge. Ate at least another 200 calories. Dang. At least the scale said I only gained 1 lb yesterday. Time to forgive myself.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Welcome @Lessennan and welcome back @mari_moulin.

Check in for 12/26:
    Steps - 9224. I think this watch may be on drugs, but I can't prove it is wrong.
    Calories - 2030 or so. Way to high. Movie so had a lot of popcorn and candy. Ugh. Think I over estimated some things though.
    Exercise - none. Walked around stores looking for Xmas deals but found none thankfully.
    I have to get back on track. Luckily we are finally starting to run out of snacks.

Great job being accountable. Fantastic steps! I think shopping should count as exercise.

jayenguk wrote: »
    well that was a ride and a half … I have gained a bit and my body isn't overly happy but back on it now and onwards and downwards....I need to have a good food shop today get some healthy food in I will chuck away anything that isn't healthy later and off we go, back to normality !
    One thing I have learnt is that I prefer healthy good food and found myself making choices that I was surprised I did and I know that 2022 will be a year of change for me and a time where I will be looking after myself and eating the right diet!

I love the new year as it is a clean slate.

Daily check-in
    Calories 782
    Steps 5568

Going to be on shakes for a couple of weeks if I can manage it just to kick start everything like my dietitian wants me to.

Do they taste milky or chalky? You got this!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/26
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: Elliptical 50 minutes
    Steps: 11,598

Welcome back @mari_moulin

I hope you all have a great day!!

Nice elliptical session!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Steps 10,102
    ✅Closed rings

Finally, the 3 days of eating is over. I still haven’t made to the pool today. Three days of lots of sitting caught up to me and made for a painful night. I never got up until 10 am. I am going to head over soon and do at least some stretching. I ended up ordering groceries and we pick then up this afternoon. I never tried this before and my only worry is I forgot stuff. For me, I tend to remember things I need or forgot to put on my list while in the grocery store. Have a great start to the week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: dsgoingtodoit

PW: 255.5
    CW: 255

Wishing all a grace filled morning.... God bless you as you strive to bless those around you. Be kind to yourself too!

I am starting today with a discarding of treats that tempt me.
    TMI, don't read if sensitive...I feel bloated from sodium and a very heavy visit from Aunt Flo. I thought that being on tamoxifen would stop all of that. So, perhaps my scale will be lower after all of this fluid retention is no longer an issue.

Nice loss! I bet that it will be less when the bloat is gone.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Dec 27, 2021)
    PW: 216.1
    CW: 217.6
    SW: 240

Well, at least it was a fun month full of family and celebrations. I guess I'll look at this as a way to help inspire my New Year's resolution to do better. I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.

A new month and year to get on track. Lord knows I need it.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! This is a little late...better late than never.
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 218.4
    CW: 225.0
    Holy moly! I am very glad that my holidays are over and I can (hopefully) get back to tracking and exercising regularly. I feel a little sloth like after the last couple of weeks.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    Holy moly! I am very glad that my holidays are over and I can (hopefully) get back to tracking and exercising regularly. I feel a little sloth like after the last couple of weeks.

I hear you ... I have 2 more celebrations and then it is back on the weight loss train for me
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi All,

Long time no see! I was part of the Downsizers team from August 2020 until late Summer this year when I took a break. I still managed to hit a full year of daily log ins yesterday which was a big achievement that I'm proud of, I hope to keep it up, but I still feel accomplished to be able to say that I managed it for a full year even if there is a day I accidently forget going forward. The website has changed since being more active than simply typing the website in for my daily logins so I haven't had a full browse of the forums for a while – can see quite a new faces within the team on the spreadsheet!

I'm feeling more ready to try and get back on track with it being a new year in a matter of days. I'm feeling the regain of weight, I've put on half I've what I lost last year and if I don't do something now, I'm definitely heading to gain everything back with how I've been going.

The meal prep service I previously used for a bit of last year, were advertising a bit of a discount in light of new year approaching, so I've decided to do that for next month. I'll assess cost afterwards to see if doable to continue, probably will switch down to 5 days a week as I did early last year. Think it will be good as a bit of a jump start, I did consider doing 5 days a week for next month initially, but I feel I need the full week structure for the first month at least.

Look forward to speaking soon, best wishes for the new year ahead everyone!

p.s Just seen there that you're also back at the same time, Mari @mari_moulin – how apt that you're restarting at same time as I, it's come full circle again! I'm glad to see you and the rest of the team.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi All,

Long time no see! I was part of the Downsizers team from August 2020 until late Summer this year when I took a break. I still managed to hit a full year of daily log ins yesterday which was a big achievement that I'm proud of, I hope to keep it up, but I still feel accomplished to be able to say that I managed it for a full year even if there is a day I accidently forget going forward. The website has changed since being more active than simply typing the website in for my daily logins so I haven't had a full browse of the forums for a while – can see quite a new faces within the team on the spreadsheet!

I'm feeling more ready to try and get back on track with it being a new year in a matter of days. I'm feeling the regain of weight, I've put on half I've what I lost last year and if I don't do something now, I'm definitely heading to gain everything back with how I've been going.

The meal prep service I previously used for a bit of last year, were advertising a bit of a discount in light of new year approaching, so I've decided to do that for next month. I'll assess cost afterwards to see if doable to continue, probably will switch down to 5 days a week as I did early last year. Think it will be good as a bit of a jump start, I did consider doing 5 days a week for next month initially, but I feel I need the full week structure for the first month at least.

p.s Just seen there that you're also back at the same time, Mari @mari_moulin – how apt that you're restarting at same time as I, it's come full circle again! I'm glad to see you and the rest of the team.

Welcome back mszoub....I will be restarting my journey on 1/1/22...I got burned out from logging so I took 2 months off ...looking forward to see what I can do in a year...
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back@mari_moulin! Hello and welcome nerdeegurl33!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday

There are a few of us on the team who have gained during December myself included. The New Year is a fresh start for us all.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi All,

Welcome back! You had really good success with the meal service last year. Are you going to try the no take out challenge you did last year?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

What did you do well in the last year?
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Welcome back! You had really good success with the meal service last year. Are you going to try the no take out challenge you did last year?

Thanks Linda and Megan, glad to be back. That's true, I'm thinking when I go down to 5 days on it, if I can stick within calories at the weekends then I should still lose at least something each week after January :)

The no takeaway goal is definitely in my radar of thoughts, I'm thinking of doing till towards end of April like last time as a starting point! Will be aiming for no takeaway as in actual fast food, but will see how I feel if get asked out by friends to a restaurant or something in that time. I think last time I cut all eating out forms, out.. would be great to achieve again, my aim is to get under 200 next year at least.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have a member re-joining us ... Please welcome @flowerblossom_58 :)
This discussion has been closed.