WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Back to work tomorrow!
    My company is off but two people in my department provide some limited coverage given the operational nature of our jobs.
    This cold is wreaking havoc on things - hoping for some warm relief soon. Technically it was warmer today, but it's still not nice to be out.
    We've been using the bike, doing yoga and strength... other things to keep us moving indoors.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about Wales often lately - so glad to know we "walked" the equivalent of the Welsh Coast 2 Extreme 24 Hour Challenge!! Wow!
  • jugar
    Options
    OK - time for the big surge of numbers flying my way - go go go!!!

Weigh-ins due already:
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225

Due Wednesday:
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
    @PlaneMonkey
    @MandiSaysHey

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

@jugar I will be back on the regular team for January and I will get you a start weight on Friday. I also just downloaded the book you are reading to my kindle. Going to start it tonight!

I just finished up 12 weeks of a diet break and I am looking to be about 10 lbs up. I was hoping to keep it to 5 lbs and I was on track until we had to put the dog down. Darn it! Luckily Christmas had no additional impact. Ready to move forward. Making my food plans and giving my husband a heads up that I will be on lower calories this Friday. I am slowly getting back to working out after my cold. Just easy stuff so far and hopefully I'll lift this weekend. I don't think I will reduce my calories as low as I have in the past and I will work in maintenance weeks or days more often.

We are getting some really cold weather and have warnings to limit outdoor time. Thankfully we don't have enough snow to snowshoe because that would be sad to miss out on.

Welcome to our new teammates!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar I got up and went down to the home office to work this morning without even realizing it was actually Wednesday and not Monday so I'm going to have to weigh in a day late! It won't be pretty, but I blipped up a few pounds last Christmas and managed to get back on track, so I'll just have to do it again!

The rink has firmed up so I'll be getting in some skating time and extra shovelling for the next month or so which will help.

Welcome to the new members. This team is the secret to my success, hopefully they can be yours as well.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Pw 233.8
    Cw 234.0

Not as bad as I anticipated but still a gain. Hopefully I will be back to losing by next week!
  • ashleycarole86
    edited December 2021
    Options
    12/28 exercise:
    46 minutes indoor cycling + 22 minutes strength + 6438 steps

I haven't walked outside in what feels like forever. It's just really cold and I am not in the headspace to work around it. I could make more effort to get steps indoors - I am keeping up my exercise through other methods but I'll try to work on this a bit.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No change for me @jugar 😊
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    I went out on my first walk since September this afternoon and it felt so good. So I have decided to do another walking event next year - the Cotswold Way Challenge in June. I will be walking with my friend, Rachel.

It felt great to get into my walking boots again.

Oh my - this looks divine!
    I want to do something like this... gotta see if there's anything comparable in Canada!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @jugar Your glee around winter makes me smile. Yes your daughter's location is even colder than mine. Glad Emmett is managing.. poor little dude. I've heard Leslie's name mentioned but haven't seen those videos.. I'll have to check them out. I do sometimes walk in place when Brad and I are watching TV but it would be good to try something with a bit more intention.
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in update - still remaining for today, and coming up for tomorrow:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
    @PlaneMonkey
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @jugar thank you for pointing out that my month overall still shows a loss. I've been feeling unhappy about the last 2 weigh ins, but that perspective that I still had a net loss for December is just what I needed to see! Thank you!! ❤️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @lonestarbabe :)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 159.5 ...a gain but stayed under the round number at least...I'm going to break my finger one of these days hitting that reset button over and over.

good morning and welcome @lonestarbabe - you have found a great group!

@YinxFed oh that walk looks heavenly! Definitely a long distance walk is on my list when I'm free to travel again.

@ashleycarole86 and @jugar....-45 C ???? That's insanely cold. I hope the winds shift for you all soon... I don't wish for a lot of snow at all, but I am READY to embrace my inner-jugar and get out there when it comes, snowshoes are at the back door.

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 195
    If you can believe it, I was at 188 last Thursday... Weight loss can be such a pendulum. Holiday gain wins the day this week. I'm going to let myself continue this controlled free-fall another week then it's back to the perfect day, and logging consistently. Looks like organized sports are likely to be cancelled for January but our outdoor rink is amazing so the shovelling and skating will get the heart rate up and all the extra snacking burned off.
This discussion has been closed.