Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad our team is so friendly and warm. That type of atmosphere helps all of us, you're right. The journey isn't easy for any of us, so staying positive really helps!

@LaurieWrobo I'm thinking of you and your husband as you have the procedure done and start his treatment plan. I'm so glad you two can support and be there for each other as cancer affects the whole family. He's lucky to have you as his other half. Stay strong and remember we're here if you need to vent. I'll be praying for you both.

@hipari Hope you're feeling stronger each day and that you get well soon!!

@Yukie_OP Thanks for catching me up on your steps...the holidays are busy for all of us it seems. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

@pupowl Wish I had a the day you had today, minus the not feeling so well...mine was way too busy. Looking forward to your next batch of pictures...now you've spoiled us and we're expecting them! LOL Look what you started!! hehe

@izzyred9400 I can't wait to see you hit your goal this year and I have no doubt that you will!!! Then maintenance begins, which is a whole other adventure I'm sure. I think you've done really well over the past few months in balancing your numbers...won't be long now!!! You inspire me!

I'm heading to bed tonight...don't even think I'm going to eat...really not hungry...will post again tomorrow evening. Take care all!
    Jessica
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    The power of NO is amazing. In this case, the power of being told you can’t do something. I had no other plans for this week than to go for walks, the gym, grocery store and maybe some sale shopping. I’m in a 10-day quarantine, so no meeting other people. Shopping I can do online, grocery store I hate and moved it online, and walks I can still do.

The gym closed anyway as a lockdown measure, so couldn’t have done that even if I wasn’t in quarantine. So, essentially I had no plans of meeting anyone anyway but now that I’m told NO, I really want to go out and socialize. I usually hate home workouts and prefer to pay for a gym membership (that I haven’t used), but now that I’m told NO you can’t go to the gym, I want to find some at-home workouts out of spite. Just to show them there’s no stopping me or something. Of course I’m still a little bit sick so I need to take it easy, but still. This is weird.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Current Maintenance Weigh In:
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    Weigh-in Day - Wednesday
    PW - 248.2
    CW - 248.3

Steps

12/20 - 7,621
    12/21 - 6,025
    12/22 - 2,020
    12/23 - 3,670
    12/24 - 3,504
    12/25 - 8,070
    12/26 - 11,758
    12/27 - 4,223
    12/28 - 4,158
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry I forgot last week. I seriously haven't been counting cals or weighing in cuz I knew Christmas contains lots of goodies. I would like to carry over the same weight for last week and this week. Thanks!

Weigh In Wednesday:

PW: 232.0
    CW: 232.0

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I am gonna start again in the new year!!!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 237
    CW 239
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I would like to carry over the same weight for last week and this week. Thanks!

Hi @KittyInBoots17 I spoke with the MODS and she marked last week and this week as excused due to the hectic holiday schedule. I think we'll all be putting away the treats and getting strictly back on track next week. I know I need to avoid the Christmas cookies like the plague, myself.

Apologies if you read my other response...
    Jessica
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    12/27: 11,421
    12/28: 11,248
  • hipari
    Options
    Covid update: a slightly stuffy nose, but otherwise symptom free already. Husband is still sleeping (and I’m going back to bed after pumping), hopefully he’s better too. We’re still in quarantine until next Tuesday, but healthy is better than sick. Today’s plans include cleaning, prepping our next grocery delivery order, and going for a walk. The baby and I have been inside the apartment since Sunday night, we need some fresh air.

On that note, my steps:
    22.12. 9687
    23.12. 8349
    24.12. 3351
    25.12. 7357
    26.12. 5242
    27.12. 3298
    28.12. 5416
    29.12. 3413
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Steps for Tuesday 28 Dec: 12.650
    Steps for Wednesday 29 Dec: 14.741

Hello team. I hope everyone is doing well. I know I haven't been as active as usual here and I am sorry for that. I am doing fine; I have just been distracted/busy with other things and I haven't taken the time to check in as much. Still not completely back to normal with my food. I am having a hard time behaving, but I know that I will easily fall back into the groove once I have managed for a few days. I have also banned myself from the grocery store for at least a week! So time to go back to eating healthy stuff.

I decided to already get some new plants. They arrived yesterday and they are ready and settled in their pots. I was 3 euros short of being able to get free shipping. After some looking around, I also saw they sold cuttings from other plants. They were all so tiny and adorable looking. My moms birthday is next week, and she will come over to sleep again soon. So I decided to get her a Hoya Kerrii as a small extra present. It is a climbing plant with heart shaped leafs which is often sold as just 1 single heart leaf. It is so stinking cute!

@jessicakrall8
    I am happy to share pictures of course! But the weather is quite dreadful lately; a lot of wind and rain and just drab and grey. So not sure when my new batch will be here. :smile:

I do have some updated pictures of my plant set up to share under the spoiler. Happy Thursday everyone <3
    rWVFGKO.jpg
    vbcmX07.jpg
    BXvKmUR.jpg

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl Your plants and your home are simply lovely. You've been graced with the gift of decorating, something I sorely lack. I could use just a smidgen of your skills. I know what I like when I see it, but cannot for the life of me arrange things properly. Wish I could hire you to help me!! LOL The 3-D design of the birds on your window make it appear as if a flock are flying right outside...just love that! The heart-shaped leaf is adorable and what an awesome gift that will make! I'm sure she'll love it...

I just received word that our entire office will work from home until Jan 10th and then they'll make a decision on how to proceed. COVID rates because of New Year's are expected to rise even more in the US. People will undoubtedly attend New Year's parties. Everyone so desperately wants to return to "normal", whatever that means, that they take rash chances and in most cases, don't consider what it will mean for others. I don't think we'll ever see "normal" again. Frightening. Please stay safe everyone! Switched out my cloth masks for N95 ones this week. I imagine this is how the previous generations felt during the time of Polio.

Back to work! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Greetings Shape Shifters - a former member of the Trimstones is back - welcome to @Fattleass for January!
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    MFP USER NAME Fattleass
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Wednesday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 194.7
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever) - optional, but great for celebrating milestones! 299.8

Hello everyone glad to be back

Charles
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Fattleass wrote: »
    MFP USER NAME Fattleass
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Wednesday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 194.7
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever) - optional, but great for celebrating milestones! 299.8

Hello everyone glad to be back
    Charles

WELCOME BACK, my friend!!! So glad to have watched your journey and all of your success blossoming in recent months!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!! And now, we'll all share in you continued weight loss! I bet you feel like a different person at this point. When you feel like it, would love if you would share your story for those who haven't watched it as I have. You're definitely a Shape Shifter! :smile:

Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    tfjfomelexw5.png

The January Habit Tracker is ready! Everything you need to know is here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852143/january-2022-fat2fit-habit-tracker#latest

Add this to your toolkit and put your planning into practice from day one.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,076 Member
    Options
    Hi SS's ...You have a new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @seeless25 :)
  • hipari
    Options
    Day 6 of quarantine: feeling symptom free, but exhausted for other reasons. We took on a little quarantine project of finally trying to teach our daughter to fall asleep in her own crib and to set her sleep schedule for something more sensible. Until now one of us has stayed up in the living room with her until she falls asleep, usually around 3AM, and then she sleeps all day. Last night it apparently took until 4AM to finally get her settled down (I went to bed around 2AM and now it’s my turn to take care of night/mornin feedings while he sleeps). Hoping tonight goes better and she calms down before midnight so husband and I can ring in the new year watching fireworks from our balcony without a fussy baby. We live in the 4th floor and there would be great views of the surrounding parks where people usually do their fireworks, but last year it was so foggy you couldn’t even see the street below. Hoping for a better weather today.
This discussion has been closed.