Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful new years eve.
    Check in for 12/29:
    Steps - 4392
    Calories - 1662. Slowly getting back on track.
    Exercise - none. Cold and rainy again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,802 Member
    peng123 wrote: »
    ✅Steps 10,680
    ✅Closed rings

I may have struggled with my weight the last few weeks but I got that December badge for exercise. I am eager to see what the January challenge will be. I ended up spending more time than planned at the pool as I started stretching and I just didn’t want to stop. Today I am going to do am arm workout plus laps and as always stretch.

Happy Thursday!

@lindamtuck2018 I think the January challenge is to close all three rings for 7 days in a row.

I saw that it’s a limited edition badge. I wonder if it has to be the first 7 days in January or anytime during the month. The pool is closed New Years Day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,872 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday Megan!

Thank you so much Linda :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 224.8
    It wasn't a gain-so I'll call it a win!

Getting through Christmas without a gain deserves a medal.

Weigh in Day 12/30/21
    PW 282.6
    CW 280.1

Fantastic loss!

Thank you for adding me to the team! I look forward to beginning in January. My goals for January are modest but everyone has to start somewhere.

1. Lose 1 pound per week, 4 for the month
    2. Average 5k steps per day
    3. Get 500 active minutes for the month per my Fitbit
    4. Log my food everyday

I have found I do better when I log my food. I am more mindful of the quantity of food and the quality of food when I log. It helps me to make better choices.

Very nice goals! I am same with logging. I like to log my week in advance and try my best to stick to it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful new years eve.
    Check in for 12/29:
    Steps - 4392
    Calories - 1662. Slowly getting back on track.
    Exercise - none. Cold and rainy again.

I find it’s been so hard to reduce the food intake. I am hungrier with all the eating over Christmas.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,950 Member
    Welcome! to everyone joining. It is nice to see some familiar folk from other groups!
    My goals for January are
    To use my trio trainer daily for 30 mins.
    Log every morsel
    Recover from surgery
    My goals for 2022 are to make 2022 miles on land, river, lakes and sea. I know they will mostly come from my trio trainer.I have always wanted to do something like this. I know it is silly but if I wait any longer it may become too many to achieve. Right now for 2022 it is 5.5 miles every day. I can do that and still function. I am not a marathoner. So walking, paddling, swimming and biking will be how I achieve this goal.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,255 Member
    hello and welcome to all new members!
    check in
    calories- under
    my fitness minutes 140
    my steps 12,350
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Welcome! to everyone joining. It is nice to see some familiar folk from other groups!
    My goals for January are
    Log every morsel
    Recover from surgery
    My goals for 2022 are to make 2022 miles on land, river, lakes and sea. I know they will mostly come from my trio trainer.I have always wanted to do something like this. I know it is silly but if I wait any longer it may become too many to achieve. Right now for 2022 it is 5.5 miles every day. I can do that and still function. I am not a marathoner. So walking, paddling, swimming and biking will be how I achieve this goal.

@tahm42 That's a great goal!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Today I logged my food even though I haven't started keto ...and we went for our1st walk today in 2 months ......90 minutes 3.11 miles 405 cals ....my hips are on fire (stupid hip dysplasia )
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Hey everyone - Just want to thank all of you for your kind support. I am not able to be that wonderful support for you guys so I'm going to back out...but truly APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT, KIND WELCOME AND encouragement this past month. I'm down 7 lbs and I know the weekly weigh in was part of that. If I ever feel that I can contribute more I'll be back. Best to you all.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hey everyone - Just want to thank all of you for your kind support. I am not able to be that wonderful support for you guys so I'm going to back out...but truly APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT, KIND WELCOME AND encouragement this past month. I'm down 7 lbs and I know the weekly weigh in was part of that. If I ever feel that I can contribute more I'll be back. Best to you all.

Sorry to see you go ....You do not need to feel like you have to support any of us all the time......I hope you re consider and stay .....if you just post your weight weekly and say hi once in a while then it is all good
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 please remove me from this week’s step challenge. I haven’t been wearing my Apple Watch, and even on days where I am I’ve only banked like 1000+ steps. I’ll be back at it soon! Thanks!! Happy New Year everybody!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    red1185 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 please remove me from this week’s step challenge. I haven’t been wearing my Apple Watch, and even on days where I am I’ve only banked like 1000+ steps. I’ll be back at it soon! Thanks!! Happy New Year everybody!!!

I will excuse you this week .... Happy New Year to you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have another new member joining us ... Please welcome @aneedlecraft :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    tfjfomelexw5.png

The January Habit Tracker is ready! Everything you need to know is here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852143/january-2022-fat2fit-habit-tracker#latest

Add this to your toolkit and put your planning into practice from day one.
  • lindamtuck2018
    tahm42 wrote: »
    My goals for January are
    Log every morsel
    Recover from surgery

That’s an awesome goal!

hello and welcome to all new members!
    check in
    calories- under
    my fitness minutes 140
    my steps 12,350

Fantastic steps!

Today I logged my food even though I haven't started keto ...and we went for our1st walk today in 2 months ......90 minutes 3.11 miles 405 cals ....my hips are on fire (stupid hip dysplasia )

Nice walk!

Don’t feel you have to post daily or comment on everyone’s post. We are glad to have you stay and weigh in weekly. I am going to move you to the support team so if you change your mind or decide to stay you just have to post here or send me a message.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @aneedlecraft welcome to the team!
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    I earned the December Challenge Badge

Linda, this is great! What app is that?

• rwood566
    Good evening everyone. One last day to this year. Woohoo.
    Check in for 12/30:
    Steps - 10443.
    Calories - 1825. To high but the pie is finally gone.
    Exercise - 4.4 mile walk. It was warmer this morning so I took off. Stopped early when I smelled rain coming. 🌧 false alarm. I could have done 7 miles.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Hapoy new year everyone. Ugh i ate too much tonight.
    Calories 1712
    Steps 9490
  • peng123
    Happy New Year's Eve, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/30:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: 80 minutes on elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 12,230

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    JodiSW wrote: »
    I earned the December Challenge Badge

Linda, this is great! What app is that?

It’s a badge from my Apple Watch.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. One last day to this year. Woohoo.
    Check in for 12/30:
    Steps - 10443.
    Calories - 1825. To high but the pie is finally gone.
    Exercise - 4.4 mile walk. It was warmer this morning so I took off. Stopped early when I smelled rain coming. 🌧 false alarm. I could have done 7 miles.

Awesome walk! My husband discovered Lindors under the tree yesterday. I told him they had to be gone by end of day tomorrow or they are going in the garbage.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Hapoy new year everyone. Ugh i ate too much tonight.
    Calories 1712
    Steps 9490

I keep forgetting you are about 12 hours ahead. Happy New Year! Aren’t you glad it’s all over.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy New Year's Eve, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/30:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: 80 minutes on elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 12,230

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Happy New Year’s Eve to you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅Steps 11,252
    ✅Closed rings

PW 204.4
    CW 203

Well that is big surprise! Considering I was 209.4 two days ago, I woke up under the impression I would have a big gain. My scale is getting a place of honour today. Only tonight and tomorrow then no more constant eating. There will be a lot less food for these two days so hopefully no gain next week.

I am going to spend the next 2 days figuring out my goals for the month and my bigger goals for the year. The last few months my motivation hasn’t been the greatest so I need to challenge myself again.

Happy New Years Eve!
  • rwood566
    edited December 2021
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 246.2
    CW: 246.6. +0.4 LB
    Basically staying the same thru Xmas week is a win.

December loss is 5.2 lbs.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    A new Downsizer coming your way! Welcome @tslose - I am sure you will be starting the new year strong!
  • peng123
    ✅Steps 11,252
    ✅Closed rings

PW 204.4
    CW 203

Well that is big surprise! Considering I was 209.4 two days ago, I woke up under the impression I would have a big gain. My scale is getting a place of honour today. Only tonight and tomorrow then no more constant eating. There will be a lot less food for these two days so hopefully no gain next week.

I am going to spend the next 2 days figuring out my goals for the month and my bigger goals for the year. The last few months my motivation hasn’t been the greatest so I need to challenge myself again.

Happy New Years Eve!

@lindamtuck2018 Wonderful loss! Go you!!!
This discussion has been closed.