Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hapoy new year everyone. Ugh i ate too much tonight.
    Calories 1712
    Steps 9490
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/30:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: 80 minutes on elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 12,230

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    I earned the December Challenge Badge

Linda, this is great! What app is that?

It’s a badge from my Apple Watch.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. One last day to this year. Woohoo.
    Check in for 12/30:
    Steps - 10443.
    Calories - 1825. To high but the pie is finally gone.
    Exercise - 4.4 mile walk. It was warmer this morning so I took off. Stopped early when I smelled rain coming. 🌧 false alarm. I could have done 7 miles.

Awesome walk! My husband discovered Lindors under the tree yesterday. I told him they had to be gone by end of day tomorrow or they are going in the garbage.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hapoy new year everyone. Ugh i ate too much tonight.
    Calories 1712
    Steps 9490

I keep forgetting you are about 12 hours ahead. Happy New Year! Aren’t you glad it’s all over.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy New Year's Eve, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/30:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: 80 minutes on elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 12,230

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Happy New Year’s Eve to you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Steps 11,252
    ✅Closed rings

PW 204.4
    CW 203

Well that is big surprise! Considering I was 209.4 two days ago, I woke up under the impression I would have a big gain. My scale is getting a place of honour today. Only tonight and tomorrow then no more constant eating. There will be a lot less food for these two days so hopefully no gain next week.

I am going to spend the next 2 days figuring out my goals for the month and my bigger goals for the year. The last few months my motivation hasn’t been the greatest so I need to challenge myself again.

Happy New Years Eve!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 246.2
    CW: 246.6. +0.4 LB
    Basically staying the same thru Xmas week is a win.

December loss is 5.2 lbs.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    A new Downsizer coming your way! Welcome @tslose - I am sure you will be starting the new year strong!
  • peng123
    Options
    ✅Steps 11,252
    ✅Closed rings

PW 204.4
    CW 203

Well that is big surprise! Considering I was 209.4 two days ago, I woke up under the impression I would have a big gain. My scale is getting a place of honour today. Only tonight and tomorrow then no more constant eating. There will be a lot less food for these two days so hopefully no gain next week.

I am going to spend the next 2 days figuring out my goals for the month and my bigger goals for the year. The last few months my motivation hasn’t been the greatest so I need to challenge myself again.

Happy New Years Eve!

@lindamtuck2018 Wonderful loss! Go you!!!
  • peng123
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 excellent comeback in the weight. I get those drops occasionally as well. Have to love them.

Year end review:
    Started March 20, 2019 - 566.6 lb
    December 31, 2019 - 500.0
    December 31, 2020 - 373.6. -126.4 lb
    December 31, 2021 - 246.6 - 127.0 lb

I just now saw how I have done for the year and am surprised and humbled. I have been fighting the last month or so and to see the yearly loss has shown me I am still working it.

@rwood566 You are truly amazing - your accomplishment is so impressive!!
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Starting point for January!

Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 172.6 (last Friday)
    CW: 168.9

I lost some holiday bloat the past few days - retaining a lot of water from the sugar and the alcohol and the salt. In December, I lost .1 lb. I'm happy with not gaining, but it does put me behind on my personal targets...and there's nothing to be done now but kick my butt in gear for January!

January goals are:
    - drink 120 oz of water daily
    - bike at least 3 miles 5X/week (this is on my new exercise bike!)
    - stay under weekly calorie goal (8400)
    - stay within daily macro goals 5X/wk
    - log all calories 6X/wk

Year end review:

I just now saw how I have done for the year and am surprised and humbled. I have been fighting the last month or so and to see the yearly loss has shown me I am still working it.
    You must be taking excellent care of yourself! Thanks for the reminder to look at the big picture and not just December. I started in August at 202lbs so I need to reframe that while it was only .1lb in December, I've been able to lose 33lbs of weight that wasn't serving me this year.
    Well that is big surprise! Considering I was 209.4 two days ago
    I love a good whoosh! I hope to have one myself at some point. :D Soon? Fingers crossed?
    Today I will go through all my Keto recipes and pick out a weeks worth and start fresh tomorrow
    I eat a mix between Keto and very low carb - usually. Not been so good the last month or so. Heh. I find it hard to keep the ratios for keto AND get enough protein AND keep my calories under my target so I waver a bit. However, even with the wavering, it's the best way I've found to eat less calories and not be hungry all of the time. I also struggle with binge eating and have found that when I keep my simple carbs low, I'm triggered a LOT less.

And with all of that, I hope everyone here has a great New Year! I'm looking forward to the next month.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 excellent comeback in the weight. I get those drops occasionally as well. Have to love them.

Year end review:

Roger, you are such an inspiration.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    It’s a new beginning tomorrow!

@JodiSW
    Fantastic loss!

@tslose
    Welcome to the team!
  • peng123
    Options
    tslose wrote: »
    Hi all, I am a downsizer for January 2022 - I hope that name is true! So looking forward to getting this going! Looking to lose 25-35 lbs. I have a terrible time sticking with things and eating out of habit with out thinking. Hoping to change my ways! Looking for some tough love 🤣 Happy New Year!

@tslose Welcome to the Downsizers!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,926 Member
    Options
    We have another member joining us ... Please welcome @GMgetsfit :)
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weight in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 190.2
    CW 185.6

This is also my start weight for Jan. I'd like to change my weigh in day to Sat please.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Today my sister, mom and I shoveled snow and moved 10 porta potties for my brother in law. It took us two hours because three were tipped on their sides and the snow had to be shoveled off them before we sat them upright and moved them into place for the winter.
    We have had freezing fog this afternoon so the roads are slick. Am expecting 4-7” snow with -13 windchills on Saturday. We will see how soon we can get out of the driveway tomorrow. They would miss my family at Mcdonald’s if we weren’t there. Seriously, this is true. We coffee there every morning and the workers call us by our names.
    Finally, the Christmas goodies have been all eaten. Now to concentrate on eating one serving whole grain and 2 fruits and 2 veggies, and 3 lean proteins each day. Rest of the calories just fill in as desired.
    I think that this month will be my last month here before going into maintenance. 135 lbs is not realistic for me but 137-138 lbs is and will shoot to return to that weight before joining the maintainers.
    I have really enjoyed my time here and am so inspired by how people have dealt with stresses while pursuing fitness and healthy habits. The encouragement and support has meant a lot to me.
This discussion has been closed.