TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

2456723

Replies

  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 199.8
    CW: 197.6
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,351 Member
    SalluR wrote: »
    Welcome to the new comers in this group and best of luck to the old members for the start of New Challenges with the New Year Beginning...
    I am SalluR and I am here not only to lose weight but also, transform to new me.. But unfortunately due to personal problem I wont be continuing the challenge nor am I will be in myfitnesspal for some time. I am in myfitnesspal since 2014 total 8 years . Myfitnesspal was like a family too me. I got lots of love, support and motivation to keep me goin its truly a remembrance journey in myfitnesspal. I will surely miss you all.. especially vicky2767 ,
    AB0215 , gjaholy33 ... sorry if I miss any one. You guys were a wonderful friend, true from heart and very loving team. Love you all. Keep goin and trust urself in reaching the goal. I will continue to lose weight and do my workout. Keep me in your prayers 🙏. I will surely join myfitnesspal once my personal problem gets solved. Take care team members.. keep smiling ..
    Good luck. Will definitely keep you in my prayers my friend and I hope to see you back here in the near future.
    You got this!!!!!!
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Hello all! Am looking forward to a new month and year of losing with you all! Am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

    Last year I was able to lose 42lbs, fit in clothes two sizes smaller and lower my resting heart rate by 15bpm. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I can now go up stairs without getting out of breath, am able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying and have more energy and better mental health.

    It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. This year’s main goals are losing 30lbs to get to my current goal weight of 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.
    Fabulous. Welcome.
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 199.8
    CW: 197.6

    Nice loss
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Daily check in
    Sun 1/2/22
    Tracked yes
    Calories slightly over
    Exercise 30 min total body strength workout
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,498 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise no
  • annacop1671
    annacop1671 Posts: 36 Member
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise: no
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal is to workout tomorrow morning.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,161 Member
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking, cleaning
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,356 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 40 minutes indoor and outdoor walking
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sunday
    Track: No
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes. Walked the dog
    Goals/Day/Comments: goal was to enjoy my last day of vacation- hard work starts tomorrow- although I have a 7 hr drive home.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Good evening, all. My name is Leah. I’m 27 years old and (hopefully) in my last semester of grad school. I’ve struggled with weight most of my life. I’m setting a goal to get in better physical shape, not necessarily having a laser focus on my weight only.

    January Week 1 - Sun, 1/2

    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Cleaning
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm new here! My name is Suzanne, I'm a mom of four, in my early 30s, and I have about 60 lbs to lose. This past year was rough in so many different ways and I ate my feelings too many times. I'm excited to make progress towards a healthier self with all of you! ☺️

    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: no
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Sunday 01/02
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: No, but not over by to much
    Exercise: Yes, Ring Fit Kickstart 2.0 day 3, leg day. Playlist took 22minutes. Thought about doing the treadmill a bit afterwards but legs said no

    I cleaned out and sorted the cupboards and pantry today. Tossed most of the expired stuff but I also ended up snacking on some of the things I found…. Had to see if they were still good :p started making my shopping list for later in the week for what I am low on and am making sure to use the things that best by date has recently passed or will soon.

    Also on the shopping list is new batteries for my fire detectors Any beginning of the year chores you guys do?
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 371 Member
    Daily Post:

    Sunday 01/02:

    Exercise: sadly no
    Calories: over
    Tracked: yes
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,351 Member
    SuzFit212 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm new here! My name is Suzanne, I'm a mom of four, in my early 30s, and I have about 60 lbs to lose. This past year was rough in so many different ways and I ate my feelings too many times. I'm excited to make progress towards a healthier self with all of you! ☺️

    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: no
    Welcome
    Good evening, all. My name is Leah. I’m 27 years old and (hopefully) in my last semester of grad school. I’ve struggled with weight most of my life. I’m setting a goal to get in better physical shape, not necessarily having a laser focus on my weight only.

    January Week 1 - Sun, 1/2

    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Cleaning
    That’s awesome Leah, it’s not always necessarily about the number on the scale.
    tslose wrote: »
    Sunday
    Track: No
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes. Walked the dog
    Goals/Day/Comments: goal was to enjoy my last day of vacation- hard work starts tomorrow- although I have a 7 hr drive home.
    Hope the drive is/wasn’t too bad.
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Sunday 01/02
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: No, but not over by to much
    Exercise: Yes, Ring Fit Kickstart 2.0 day 3, leg day. Playlist took 22minutes. Thought about doing the treadmill a bit afterwards but legs said no

    I cleaned out and sorted the cupboards and pantry today. Tossed most of the expired stuff but I also ended up snacking on some of the things I found…. Had to see if they were still good :p started making my shopping list for later in the week for what I am low on and am making sure to use the things that best by date has recently passed or will soon.

    Also on the shopping list is new batteries for my fire detectors Any beginning of the year chores you guys do?

    I think I need to do this as well. Back to school and work for everyone in my household, so we relaxed yesterday. I went to see West Side Story with my sister.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,433 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Anna, I’m here for some motivation, to help motivate others, and to meet new people. Over the last couple of years, I’ve started a new job, and started college classes and I’m loving it, but I stopped taking care of my health. So I’m trying to find a balance between family, work and me time, and hopefully this challenge can be a part of that 😄

    @annacop1671 Welcome Anna! It's really hard to find that balance between taking care of yourself and also taking care of your responsibilities.
    For me, I find it easier to schedule my time better but it's still always hard to find enough time in a day.
    Hang in there and just take it a day at a time. We're all here for the same reason and we're here to support each other, you got this!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,433 Member
    tslose wrote: »
    Looking forward to sliming down with Team Slimsons!
    aknroberts wrote: »
    Best wishes for 2022 to everyone

    @tslose @aknroberts Welcome and Happy New Year!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,433 Member
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Vicky. I’ve been apart of this group for a few years now. The last 2- 2 1/2 years have really been a struggle for me with my weight gain and my motivation. Not to mention my mental health. But I am ready to do this. I have spent the last few months seeing a therapist and feel my mental health is starting to go in the right direction. I ready to make my physical Heath a priority too. Looking forward to 2022.

    @vicky2767 Welcome back Vicky! I'm really glad you're getting the help you need. I see a therapist on and off too (on right now) and I can tell you that when my mental health isn't in check, I cannot tackle my physical health, it's all connected. I've come to the conclusion that we have to make time for what's important in our lives, and sometimes, we do have to make ourselves a priority.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,433 Member
    SalluR wrote: »
    Welcome to the new comers in this group and best of luck to the old members for the start of New Challenges with the New Year Beginning...
    I am SalluR and I am here not only to lose weight but also, transform to new me.. But unfortunately due to personal problem I wont be continuing the challenge nor am I will be in myfitnesspal for some time. I am in myfitnesspal since 2014 total 8 years . Myfitnesspal was like a family too me. I got lots of love, support and motivation to keep me goin its truly a remembrance journey in myfitnesspal. I will surely miss you all.. especially vicky2767 ,
    AB0215 , gjaholy33 ... sorry if I miss any one. You guys were a wonderful friend, true from heart and very loving team. Love you all. Keep goin and trust urself in reaching the goal. I will continue to lose weight and do my workout. Keep me in your prayers 🙏. I will surely join myfitnesspal once my personal problem gets solved. Take care team members.. keep smiling ..

    @SalluR I wish you the best of luck. We'll be here when you're able to return if you'd like to come back to the the team :smile:
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,433 Member
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Hello all! Am looking forward to a new month and year of losing with you all! Am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

    Last year I was able to lose 42lbs, fit in clothes two sizes smaller and lower my resting heart rate by 15bpm. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I can now go up stairs without getting out of breath, am able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying and have more energy and better mental health.

    It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. This year’s main goals are losing 30lbs to get to my current goal weight of 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.

    @KakoHikes You're doing an amazing job and you should be proud of your progress! It's a process and you already know that and that's half the battle! I think it's great to re-evaluate your goals as you get closer to what you thought was your end goal. I'm also really glad that you're in a better place with your overall health and mental health because they really do matter when you're trying to make lasting changes in your life. Keep going, you deserve the success you're finding!
This discussion has been closed.