Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning up 2 lbs. ! Where did that come from?
    Good going Bella 👍. I sure the relatives will enjoy the goodies and fond memories. And you’ve successfully got through the feasting.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Do YOU have a similar "tell" available to you?

I don't have a fitbit, but a pretty reliable indicator of whether or not there's an imminent water-weight gain or whoosh on the scales is the tightness/looseness of my wedding ring...
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

HW (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    SW (Oct 31 2021): 258.6 lbs
    Goal around 145 lbs

LW 12/29/21: 243 lbs
    CW 12/30/21: 242.4 lbs
    Loss = 0.6 lb

This Time Loss = 16.2 lbs
    Overall Loss = 34.4 lbs

Overweight BMI (202.2 lbs) lose 40.2 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169.3 lbs) lose 73.1 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 97.4 lbs

I have lost most of the scale jump from the beginning of the week (12/26 244 lbs). I am now just 0.6 pounds from my last low on 12/22/21 of 241.8 lbs.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Bella! What a successful holiday hosting experience. I truly hope it felt as good on your end of this virtual connection as it sounded here.

You are all set for the new year!

My numbers were thrown right off last night when I went to my neighbours to play Scrabble. I thought I had a handle on things - I was bringing the snacks and had it planned quite well. Except (of course I guess) when my snacks were done - out came more including some crazy (yet very delicious) homemade sweet I've never had before. Too many calories later, I'm feeling so "inflamed" and stiff and achy this morning. Was it worth it? NO. But sometimes I'm just too daft to clearly remember how I'll pay the next day. My total calorie count for the day wasn't terrible (just slightly over maintenance) and I didn't "binge" so those are little victories. But I feel pretty overall yucky. Maybe that is a good thing. Seems like it is going to take a lot to get some of this stuff through my thick skull.

Thank goodness for today.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Bella, you did a wonderful job maintaining your weight…that is quite an accomplishment!

I was down 3 more pounds this morning!….that’s 10 since Mon…..keeping my mind on track as well as my tummy!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Woke up this morning up 2 lbs. ! Where did that come from?
    Good going Bella 👍. I sure the relatives will enjoy the goodies and fond memories. And you’ve successfully got through the feasting.

It came from the same place the post I SWEAR I remember writing went? :unamused: Right next to the 3.5 lbs I went up since yesterday!?!?!?!? :unamused:

Oh well... easy come easy go :lol: (Hey, its true that they're easy come and easy go since they're probably sodium and associated water retention as well as tummy contents!) STILL, I do remain: :unamused:

Bella did wonderful maintaining weight. Trend is just catching up with previous losses now that she was maintaining for a bit. It is a "lagging" indicator.

In any case, looks like an excellent diet break... even though I doubt that the mental benefits of the diet break were realized given the pre-planning that went into this! Still: stellar job!

Just, Bella: don't forget to save some of your moxie for when you start maintaining in earnest OK? At this point, for you, and looking from the outside in, **as long as you're generally moving in the right direction** (NOT letting the ones of us who are not YET moving in the right direction OFF the hook here!), exactly WHEN you reach "goal" is of less importance than leaving enough in the tank for dealing with the first few years of maintenance! :wink:
  • Bella_Figura
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Yep, I hear you loud and clear. I'm in no major hurry to reach goal.

From a health perspective (which is hugely more important to me than cosmetic appearance) I still have quite a way to go. At least another 10kg. But I'm happy to take a year - or even two or more - to slowly nibble away at those kgs. I assume I'm carrying plenty of visceral fat in addition to the visible subcutaneous fat and it's the visceral fat that I primarily want to get rid of, but there's no urgency to race towards the 'finish line'.

I'm broadly happy with the way my body composition has changed over the past 9 months. In the past, finding decent clothes in my size was difficult because I'm petite ((just under 5'1) but I was a size XXL (UK size 20/22) and the combination of being short and squat wasn't a good one from a clothing perspective. Now, I'm comfortably fitting into size small clothes (UK size 10 - US size 6), so from a vanity perspective, the bulk of the benefits have already been realised. I see no material advantage in being any leaner than a size small. I'm not aspiring to XS or beyond...

...but I do want to get rid of the visceral fat. Eventually.

So my broad plan is to get to 66kg (2.4kg to go) and then transition to what I'm calling 'maintenance lite' - i.e. skimming along at between zero and two hundred calories below maintenance calories. So that I lose maybe 2kg/quarter, rather than 3kg/month as I'm doing at the moment.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Heh, heh, heh, you're probably extra small and didn't even know it! What that in young ms equivalent for better choice? :chortle: :chortle: :chortle:
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options

Goal around 145 lbs

LW 12/30/21: 242.4 lbs
    CW 12/31/21: 242.4 lbs
    Loss = 0.0 lb

This Time Loss = 16.2 lbs
    Overall Loss = 34.4 lbs

Overweight BMI (202.2 lbs) lose 40.2 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169.3 lbs) lose 73.1 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 97.4 lbs

Well I'm not at the 241.8 that I saw on 12/20, but that's ok. I'm happy with my loss of 8.6 pounds for December.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You wee imposter, Bella!

It is weird. I lost a lot through the worst of the pandemic lockdowns when most stores here were closed, and when they were open it was just for little flash of times and the change rooms were closed. During that time I went from a 2xl to a small/medium - 24 to a 10 and what I thought my size was or whether or not a particular item of clothing would fit would change from moment to moment. Underwear I was buying online (guessing about fit and size) and must have given away 40 pairs (because I confidently bought them in 6 or 3 packs...lol) that didn't fit or were just too weird for me.

So glad you are having this crazy - but joyous experience. Eventually you are going to believe that this is your size!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, ABD. A healthy loss for the hardest month of the year!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    ABD I wish I had lost weight in Dec….2022 is going to be my year!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Part is physical conditioning and stress or other issues. I'm fairly contained that part is adaptive thermogenesis related. And part is just plain weight change, with weight not always denoting changes to energy reserves (aka fat stores).

But it is an interesting indicator for me as in my case it coincides or leads scale changes most of the time

Yes, I have to corroborate this idea. At .y leanest, my rhr was 49. Now, it's in mid to higher 50's. To answer your earlier questions, no rhr is pretty flat. Weight lifting is about the same. Weight has popped up some. Trending up 2 lbs in the last couple weeks. Total weight change for the year is only .8lbs though, so maybe I just had some shifts in body water and stomach contents. 🤷‍♂️
  • Bella_Figura
    edited January 2022
    Options
    This week's stats:
    SW (17/3/21): 96.0kg/211.2 lbs (BMI 40 - category 3 obese)
    LW: Scale weight: 68.0 kg/149.6 lbs (BMI 28.3); Trend weight: 68.6 kg/150.9 lbs (BMI 28.6)
    CW: Scale weight: 67.6 kg/148.7 lbs (BMI 28.1); Trend weight: 68.2 kg/150.0 lbs (BMI 28.4)
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options

Goal around 145 lbs

LW 12/31/21: 242.4 lbs
    CW 1/1/22: 241.4 lbs
    Loss = 1.0 lb

This Time Loss = 17.2 lbs
    Overall Loss = 35.4 lbs

Overweight BMI (202.2 lbs) lose 39.2 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169.3 lbs) lose 72.1 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 96.4 lbs

I lost back to my lowest weight recorded in December. It was 241.8 on 12/20 and today to start the new year I weighed in at 241.4. Great start to me.

@conniewilkins56 You got this. I'm with you and so are many others. I love the support in this group.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bella and ABD - nice way to start the New year! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I was up 1.8 this morning but I ate right yesterday so I know I am ok!….weekly weigh in Mon. morning…my pants are more comfortable again!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Crossing my fingers for you tomorrow morning, Connie. I'm not sure I have the courage...maybe though - just so I have a benchmark to beat.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Sending happy thoughts to everyone, let's get those pesky rodents!
    Over at the Balkan Front, a big milestone reached. I'm half the man I used to be.
    Onwards!

Hey @Dante_80 Happy New Year!

I can't say that I enjoy MFP no longer showing the exact date of previous posts. But it FEELS that I haven't seen a post from you for longer than usual!