I have steps Saturday to Tuesday so far
    Sat 6248
    Sun 3460
    Mon 3414
    Tue 16131

Where can I find explanations of tnt and which days it runs
    Think I’ve found that it’s about completing strength exercises
    Wec I understand is on the jump spreadsheet and runs Friday to Monday
    Believe there’s another letter set I need to know about.

Apart from that and my weight what else should I be reporting on

Sorry I’m being a pain
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/05
    15 minutes shoveling snow
    34 minutes walking, 2 miles
    40 minutes strength training, moderate
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Lessennan wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m responding rather late but
    Sat 6248
    Sun 3460
    Mon 3414
    Tue 16131

Sorry I’m being a pain

Saturday wouldn't count for January week 1 .. Saturday counted on December week 4 ...we always start on a Sunday and finish the week out on a Saturday .. I hope that makes sense...

You are not being a pain ....it takes some getting use to
  • Beautyofdreams
    Options
    Winds have been gusting up to 40mph here since yesterday afternoon. Temperature expected to reach 11 but windchill makes it feel like 12 below 0. Tomorrow the high will be 3 below 0 with down to 30 below 0 windchills. School was delayed 2 hours here to make sure all the buses started. Schools to the south of me were closed today due to black ice and blowing and drifting snow.
    Covid is just under 14% diagnosed in the population so not quite high enough to cause schools to go to remote learning. Covid positive kids can attend school, masks are optional and parents are no longer informed if there are positive children in class. Welcome to the paradise that is Iowa.

@Lessenan. I strength train to be able to live independently in my old age. Women do not develop big muscles like men. If you see an extremely muscular woman chances are that she is chemically enhanced and has lifted heavy weights for a lot of years plus has the genetics to be muscular.
    It is never too late to start strength training from using bodyweight exercises to dumbbells on up. You can get stronger at any age and it also helps improve your range of motion. It also tones and tightens your body. When I was unable to lift weights, my hips increased a solid 1/2” and each thigh went up an inch bigger than when I strength train.

Read a great science based article on goal setting and motivation. It was on “The stronger by science” instagram. The content relates to general life but they use weight loss for their sample goal. Highly recommend reading the full article linked in their bio or listen to the podcast.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon downsizers
    cormierannie
    PW: 162 pounds
    Cw: 160 pounds
    Weigh in day Wednesday

Calories- under
    Fitness minutes 140
    Steps 10,234

@cormierannie Great loss!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    @ megan_smartiepants forget wec, tnt and lcw. They’re a different challenge sorry
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m responding rather late but
    Sat 6248
    Sun 3460
    Mon 3414
    Tue 16131

Sorry I’m being a pain

I think tnt maybe part of another group you belong to. We don’t have that here. Sorry saw your second post after this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi folks, I think I’ve done a me description already but I’m wondering how many of you, just like I used, looked at strength exercising for a challenge and said
    NOT FOR ME.

I used to say that because to me strength training meant muscles a lady didn’t want.
    Cardio was my go to and still is my favourite especially on light dry days when I can either wander in the countryside or along the shore in the early morning when the world is just waking up and it’s calm and peaceful and I can just let the quiet ripple of the water and the calls of the birds wash over me.

HOWEVER, I’m older now and mum’s older still and the demerits of not doing strength exercises are beginning to dawn

Strength exercises for the wrists, arms and fingers are important for

Lifting plates from the shelf (mum keeps looking for lighter crockery because what we’ve used for years feels too heavy now)
    Opening the jam jar or the disinfectant bottle.
    Lifting the shopping into and out of the car
    Pushing the shopping cart 🛒
    Pushing your rolator

Strength for the arms, shoulders, back and legs to
    Push your partners wheelchair if the need arises
    Just get about the house and garden
    Get in and out of your chair or bed.

Maybe because I share my home with mum I can see a different perspective on what strength exercises may be for.
    I wish I’d thought more about it when gran was ageing but when you’re younger you don’t think, do you?

I definitely wish I had done strength training when I was younger. I don’t think I would have as many issues with arthritis as I do now.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Just got back from our walk ......162 minutes...6.84 miles and 855 calories burned :)

Awesome walk!

Good afternoon downsizers
    cormierannie
    PW: 162 pounds
    Cw: 160 pounds
    Weigh in day Wednesday

Calories- under
    Fitness minutes 140
    Steps 10,234

Fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/4
    Step count 8410

Great steps! How are you getting your steps each day?

peng123 wrote: »
    Good Morning, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in and weekly weigh-in:

PW: 171.6
    CW: 171.6
    SW: 250

1/4:
    Calories: 1,195
    Exercise: 80 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 12,660

I hope you are all having a great day - I will stop back later to read everyone's posts!

Your LTD is super!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/05
    15 minutes shoveling snow
    34 minutes walking, 2 miles
    40 minutes strength training, moderate

You had a busy day. Great job! Did you walk in the cold or use a treadmill? We have no idea of the Covid cases here as most people are unable to get a test. If you are sick you have to assume you are positive and isolated. Length of time depends on if you are vaccinated or not. I think the positivity rate is near 30% for those that they are testing and hospitalization are on the rise. We are in another lockdown and kids are learning remotely.
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Check in for 12/5
    Calories 1427
    Steps 6315

A great day but I am really having to concentrate to stay focused. Thank you to this group!!!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/4
    Step count 8410

Great steps! How are you getting your steps each day?

I get 2500ish from walking outside, 1000ish from the Zumba. I am doing the rest from just trying to be more active during the day. I have been spending a lot time undecorating from Christmas, cleaning the house for all the things I let slide during the holidays, etc. I’ve been practicing the Zumba moves whenever I am standing around waiting for something like the microwave or laundry so I’m sure some come from that. I’ve made a conscious effort to heed the hourly reminders to move if I haven’t gotten 250 steps each hour. Every little bit adds up I guess.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Check in for 12/5
    Calories 1427
    Steps 6315

A great day but I am really having to concentrate to stay focused. Thank you to this group!!!

Is the date incorrect? If it is not then I need 12/4 thanks :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 it is too cold and slick out for me to walk outside. The roads and walks are covered in black ice because it was warmer 2 days ago.
    I only know the rate of transmission in people who have sought or are required to be tested. The actual rate is probably higher but testing is not required and I know several people who did not isolate when they had covid.
    Covid has become a political issue and not a public health issue in my state. I still mask in public and at the rec center but very few people here do that. In my county, only 38% of the population is vaccinated. Shots are available just no one thinks that they need them.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    32/2022 miles.
    I struggle the first 20 mins after that my speed picks up and I can keep going until my butt gives out. I have loved and hated my recumbent. It is where I started and it is always where I start over after injury or surgery. I can not wait till I have the green light for more vigorous exercise. I even want to do aerial classes again which is always a sign I bored stiff with my exercise. Feb 21 is freedom day I hope.
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    hi I have been enjoying all the post it keeps me going. I watched a documentary that put me in a good place to focus on sticking to low carbs. I blew it today with chip I know better than to shop on an empty stomach
    Maybe it could help if you are slipping a little. it came out in 2015 it called "that Sugar film" very informative. On hulu
    I stayed under calorie goal but I wish I could undo the chips not worth it at all. Moving forward.. enough looking back. We WILL DO THIS ! <3
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @lessenan I used to say that because to me strength training meant muscles a lady didn’t want.
    Cardio was my go to and still is my favourite especially on light dry days when I can either wander in the countryside or along the shore in the early morning when the world is just waking up and it’s calm and peaceful and I can just let the quiet ripple of the water and the calls of the birds wash over me
    Wow thanks for being so descriptive. Made me smile AND WISH I WAS THERE.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
This discussion has been closed.