PW: 324
    CW: 322
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/4
    Step count 8410

Great steps! How are you getting your steps each day?

I get 2500ish from walking outside, 1000ish from the Zumba. I am doing the rest from just trying to be more active during the day. I have been spending a lot time undecorating from Christmas, cleaning the house for all the things I let slide during the holidays, etc. I’ve been practicing the Zumba moves whenever I am standing around waiting for something like the microwave or laundry so I’m sure some come from that. I’ve made a conscious effort to heed the hourly reminders to move if I haven’t gotten 250 steps each hour. Every little bit adds up I guess.

That is awesome! Turning those standing times into moving times is a great idea.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Check in for 12/5
    Calories 1427
    Steps 6315

A great day but I am really having to concentrate to stay focused. Thank you to this group!!!

I am glad that you are staying focused. Hopefully, after awhile it gets easier.

@lindamtuck2018 it is too cold and slick out for me to walk outside. The roads and walks are covered in black ice because it was warmer 2 days ago.
    I only know the rate of transmission in people who have sought or are required to be tested. The actual rate is probably higher but testing is not required and I know several people who did not isolate when they had covid.
    Covid has become a political issue and not a public health issue in my state. I still mask in public and at the rec center but very few people here do that. In my county, only 38% of the population is vaccinated. Shots are available just no one thinks that they need them.

Stay safe with both the Covid and on the ice.

tahm42 wrote: »
    32/2022 miles.
    I struggle the first 20 mins after that my speed picks up and I can keep going until my butt gives out. I have loved and hated my recumbent. It is where I started and it is always where I start over after injury or surgery. I can not wait till I have the green light for more vigorous exercise. I even want to do aerial classes again which is always a sign I bored stiff with my exercise. Feb 21 is freedom day I hope.

Hope the time pasts quickly. I have been mulling over buying a recumbent bike for the last few days. It sure would come in handy right now.

GMgetsfit wrote: »
    hi I have been enjoying all the post it keeps me going. I watched a documentary that put me in a good place to focus on sticking to low carbs. I blew it today with chip I know better than to shop on an empty stomach
    Maybe it could help if you are slipping a little. it came out in 2015 it called "that Sugar film" very informative. On hulu
    I stayed under calorie goal but I wish I could undo the chips not worth it at all. Moving forward.. enough looking back. We WILL DO THIS ! <3

I like that you are not looking back. I don’t have Hulu but maybe it is on one of my other streaming services.

Had another NSV this morning. I used to have a massive 'shelf' where my lower back ended and then my butt just stuck out like a ledge. Ran my hands down my back today and noticed a significant reduction in the ledge. I'm thrilled, my partner is crying said that 'booty ledge' was the only thing our relationship was balancing on :D:D He's joking obs but it made me laugh.

Awesome NSV! That is pretty funny! Sounds like he got a good sense of humour.

tslose wrote: »
    Wednesday

Killer steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. This year's first hump day is over. I hope you all enjoy the ride downhill to the weekend.
    Check in for 1/5:
    Steps - 4906
    Calories - 1745 or very close. I did well on my snacking today.
    Exercise - none today. Needed a day of rest.

I made breakfast hash but had an ugly lightheadedness incident. It came on fast and I had to walk away from the stove and sit down quickly. My vision and hearing were dimming out. I haven't had one this bad in a long time. I didn't even have any episodes in a week.

I am reading the book slowly. 89 pages in 3 days is great for me now. We are getting everything ready for Disney trip but are keeping an eye on the weather and covid.

That doesn’t sound pleasant. Be careful. I hope your Disney trip goes ahead.
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1097
    Steps 3365
    Working from home at the moment and it makes a huge difference to my steps. Normally I'd be walking around going to meetings, visiting people in their offices, even just walking outside for a smoke. Today I got a sore bum from sitting down for so long 😆😆

It is amazing what affects the number of steps we get. Maybe try setting an alarm every hour and get up and move for 5 minutes. Great calorie day!

aknroberts wrote: »
    aknroberts
    Thurs
    PW 230.3
    CW 227

Fantastic loss!

aneedlecraft
    Thursdays
    PW: 324
    CW: 322

Awesome!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/5
    Step count 9132
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Downsizers! It's amazing to see so many people working hard towards their goals! Here's my daily check-in:

1/5:
    Calories: 1,144
    Exercise: 90 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 14,245

I had another great workout this morning - I hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • peng123
    Options
    Hi Downsizers! I belong to two groups on MFP and many people have been discussing binge eating / emotional eating. You might already know about a book that helps people to deal with that - so I apologize if I'm offering up old information - the book is called, The Beck Diet Solution - it's cognitive therapy for dieters. It also has a workbook. I have not used the books myself - but - I did Weight Watchers before I joined MFP and people raved about the books - so I thought I would share.

8ywlywcdufo3.jpg

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Awesome walk!

Thanks Linda :) .... Gonna go for a walk this afternoon after Alyssa is done with school ... My hip is on fire this morning and I think the cold will not help
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Hi Downsizers! I belong to two groups on MFP and many people have been discussing binge eating / emotional eating. You might already know about a book that helps people to deal with that - so I apologize if I'm offering up old information - the book is called, The Beck Diet Solution - it's cognitive therapy for dieters. It also has a workbook. I have not used the books myself - but - I did Weight Watchers before I joined MFP and people raved about the books - so I thought I would share.

8ywlywcdufo3.jpg

Thanks for reminding me about the book. A few of our previous members used it and I bought it last year. Between getting Covid and our move I totally forgot about it. Another one that people have mentioned in the past is atomic habits. I am going to dig it out and give it a go.n
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I definitely did not do what I was supposed to do over my winter break - didn’t get my exercise and didn’t really watch what I ate. So….I’m definitely expecting a huge jump when I weigh-in on Saturday.

Having said that, @Megan_smartiepants1970 starting Monday, 1/10, I’d like to increase my step goal from 6k to 6500. My plan is to have incremental increases, so as not to be overwhelmed. Also, please disregard my steps for this week, as well. I’m just going to start fresh on Monday.

My personal goals this year haven’t changed. I just want to get my steps in, do well with my diet, drink lots of water, and continue counting my NSVs. One thing I would like to do is check in here more frequently. I think it’s good motivation. I tend to ebb and flow with checking in, but I’m going to try for more consistency. I know that if I plan major goals I will not be successful, so small incremental, ACHIEVABLE goals are the best for me.

I hope everybody had a wonderful start to your new year!

Stay safe everybody, and enjoy the rest of your week.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 224.8
    CW: 222.0
  • peng123
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams and @Lessennan Thank you both, so much, for inspiring me to do more strength workouts - I'm not very good at doing them - so I'm going to work on that!

@MeowScout Your concentration is amazing - good for your for working on that focus to keep going!

@tahm42 You are completing a lot of miles - fingers crossed for February 21!

@GMgetsfit Those chips are in the past - good for you for moving forward!

@Pippin20206 I've been cracking up about that booty ledge all day!

@tslose Amazing step count!
  • peng123
    Options
    @aknroberts @aneedlecraft @888Angie888 Such impressive losses for all of you - congratulations!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning.

I definitely did not do what I was supposed to do over my winter break - didn’t get my exercise and didn’t really watch what I ate. So….I’m definitely expecting a huge jump when I weigh-in on Saturday.

Having said that, @Megan_smartiepants1970 starting Monday, 1/10, I’d like to increase my step goal from 6k to 6500. My plan is to have incremental increases, so as not to be overwhelmed. Also, please disregard my steps for this week, as well. I’m just going to start fresh on Monday.

My personal goals this year haven’t changed. I just want to get my steps in, do well with my diet, drink lots of water, and continue counting my NSVs. One thing I would like to do is check in here more frequently. I think it’s good motivation. I tend to ebb and flow with checking in, but I’m going to try for more consistency. I know that if I plan major goals I will not be successful, so small incremental, ACHIEVABLE goals are the best for me.

I hope everybody had a wonderful start to your new year!

Stay safe everybody, and enjoy the rest of your week.

I will excuse you for January Week 1 which is 1/2-1/8 ....Our January week 2 starts on Sunday 1/9- 1/15 so I will increase your step goal on 1/9
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Mari We just got an air fryer as a holiday gift from my husband's job. I did french fries, pretty yummy, and only the calories for the potatoes and 1 tsp oil. yay!

@jayenguk Hang in there! You got this!! What is ONE thing you can do?

@Pippin20206 YAY! No more Bootie Ledge! Laughing!!

@tslose I have been forcing myself and all the other people in my house to put all food and candy away. If it is out, I am not sure I have the willpower to keep my hands to my self!

@lindamtuck2018 Linda, I am glad you are getting into the pool! I need to get that back on our schedule. I will check the schedule today!

@megan_smartiepants1970 Megan, great job on the 5 miles and then nearly 7! Wow!

-- and no that was 12/4: 6315 steps. Here is 12/5: 6000 Thank you!

@Lessennan Nan, great ideas about strength training. I was a water fitness instructor for the Y back in the day, and I learned so much from the arthritis cert class about the importance of balance exercises. I may not ever be cute, I do want to fit and agile for a long life!

@peng123

@rwood566 Roger

@cormierannie Annie, great WI.

@Beautyofdreams Deb, thanks for the reading tip! Could you post a link for us?

@tahm42 Steady as you go! Build up your strength slowly. We don't want you to have any injuries!

@GMgetsfit Joanne, I too have been thinking that I need to find new ways to balance sugar and carbs. Thanks for the movie rec!
This discussion has been closed.